• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The SplitSystem [Never done before]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExibeR

Lua/C++/PHP Programmer
Reaction score
Greetings,

I wanted to introduce the new system I'm working on. It will revolutionize the way Open Tibia servers work.

This system will increase the capacity of players on your server, and reduce lag by atleast 50% (depends on how many servers you are running). They will still be able to play, if your server goes offline.

Introduction
The scenario here is that you have 500 online players.
500 players may cause lag on your server, so let's do something about it.

Instead of having 500 players on one server, they will be divided between two servers. This will result in 250 players online on each server. Having two different servers is not the way I want it. I want all 500 players to play together, even if their on each their server. And if the server goes offline, they will still be able to play on the other server.

How it works
When players connect they will first connect to the SplitSystem, then transferred to one of your servers. That results in 250 players on each server playing together. If one of your servers goes offline, those 250 players will be transferred to the online server. Resulting in 500 players on one server. So your choices is to use one main server, and one backup server in case your main server goes offline. If not you can use both servers as main servers, dividing the players. They are always connected to the SplitSystem which connects the two servers, so you won't notice the server changing.

Explanation
Everyone connects to the system. Then to the server with the best capacity.
If one server goes offline, they will be transferred to the online one, instead of getting kicked. The transfer will not be noticed at all.
It's pretty hard to explain, but I'll still try with a picture
systemh.jpg

As you can see here, both servers are linked together through the SplitSystem, allowing all players to play together.

Advantages
  • Your server can handle more players
  • Less lag
  • If a server goes offline, they are still able to play.

This post was written in a hurry. I will rewrite it once I have some spare time. Meanwhile, take a look at this thread which I'm testing part of the system on.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's good but hard to make it.
If you do this it will great :)

Blah blah blah, just make sure the server doesn't go offline at all, it's much cheaper and faster :)

THAT WOULD BE GREAT, but you will post the system for us?

You have 5 friends who wants to play 1 server. 3 of them get online on 1 server and 2 of them on the other server?

You have 5 friends who wants to play 1 server. 3 of them get online on 1 server and 2 of them on the other server?

Exactly, they will play on each their server. But still play together. That's the clue here. Split players, but still allow them to play together.

2 of them connected to server 1, and the rest connected to server 2. But all of them are connected to the SplitSystem which links together those 2 servers, which allows them to play together.

THAT WOULD BE GREAT, but you will post the system for us?

I have never released unfinished projects, unless I stopped developing them. Like the Open Tibia server I'm running. I used 3 months to develop and improve it, before I hosted it for the public.

The system will be released, but not until it's 110% working. It's better to not release something, instead of releasing something that doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice, but is there anyway to let the computers load up the server also splitt the ram usage on each of them or something like that would be great if there where such a option to then server would be even more stable and be able to handle much more players ;)

I doubt it's possible, as RAM is on a certain computer and you can only transfer it to another by taking it out and putting it in another computer. Else you could just send RAM to another computer via a wire? Sounds kinda impossible if you say it like that.

nice, but is there anyway to let the computers load up the server also splitt the ram usage on each of them or something like that would be great if there where such a option to then server would be even more stable and be able to handle much more players ;)

Your RAM can only be splitted on your computer. Great if you wanna run 2 different servers on the same computer.

Yeah I know that. But I think he means that he wants to combine the RAM of the two computers and have both of them the same amount. Like one has 1GB RAM and another 2GB. Then turn it to 1,5GB RAM on each of them. That isn't possible :p

Yeah I know that. But I think he means that he wants to combine the RAM of the two computers and have both of them the same amount. Like one has 1GB RAM and another 2GB. Then turn it to 1,5GB RAM on each of them. That isn't possible :p

He means only one computer.

ye i meant like that if server uses a amount of 2 gb and take up all ram usage on the main computer i wondered if there is a way to let the other computer load some parts of server and run them there to reduce the ram or something like splitting up load parts on each computer ^^

This system is used for huge websites like MySpace.com, they have a lot of servers, but they are hosting only one website.

But this has not been relased in OT Community, but I bet there is program already, and u can just make little changes to host OTS.

Anyway, keep it up.

If it would work, it would be Awesome!

Greetings,

I wanted to introduce the new system I'm working on. It will revolutionize the way Open Tibia servers work.

This system will increase the capacity of players on your server, and reduce lag by atleast 50% (depends on how many servers you are running). They will still be able to play, if your server goes offline.

Introduction
The scenario here is that you have 500 online players.
500 players may cause lag on your server, so let's do something about it.

Instead of having 500 players on one server, they will be divided between two servers. This will result in 250 players online on each server. Having two different servers is not the way I want it. I want all 500 players to play together, even if their on each their server. And if the server goes offline, they will still be able to play on the other server.

How it works
When players connect they will first connect to the SplitSystem, then transferred to one of your servers. That results in 250 players on each server playing together. If one of your servers goes offline, those 250 players will be transferred to the online server. Resulting in 500 players on one server. So your choices is to use one main server, and one backup server in case your main server goes offline. If not you can use both servers as main servers, dividing the players. They are always connected to the SplitSystem which connects the two servers, so you won't notice the server changing.

Explanation
Everyone connects to the system. Then to the server with the best capacity.
If one server goes offline, they will be transferred to the online one, instead of getting kicked. The transfer will not be noticed at all.
It's pretty hard to explain, but I'll still try with a picture
systemh.jpg

As you can see here, both servers are linked together through the SplitSystem, allowing all players to play together.

Advantages
  • Your server can handle more players
  • Less lag
  • If a server goes offline, they are still able to play.

This post was written in a hurry. I will rewrite it once I have some spare time. Meanwhile, take a look at this thread which I'm testing part of the system on.

thats great!
if you would need any help with it, mind to poke me through PM for MSN or something, I would love to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back