• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The SplitSystem [Never done before]

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats great!
if you would need any help with it, mind to poke me through PM for MSN or something, I would love to help!

I just have to sort everything out. What has to be done, and how it shall be done. Then I will start looking for a crew, and assigning tasks.

emmmmm if you could explain it a bit more i will be thanksfully, since having 2 servers online wont be smart at all because the part of open tibia servers which use the most ram is the map so you will need to make another kind of server to load the map? it will be a mess totally, It will be like the other online games like mu online which have like 10 servers to open it which are:
Login Server
Game Server
Chat Server
Npc Server
Event Server
and all those things, Anyway if you could explain it a bit more how all will work probb i will understand it but for me from now it looks like a mess and a waste of ram, and the only 'good' part is if the server got crashed the players wont notice it and all that stuff...

If you don't get it from the first post, you won't get it at all. :( sorry mate. It's explained there at it's best.

If you don't get it from the first post, you won't get it at all. :( sorry mate. It's explained there at it's best.

lol he didn explained it at all theres a lot of things that he didn explained like i stated on my post above...

Okay here it is..
What it does is it balances the amount of players on two computers from one server. So you run the server on two computers and the players will be playing on one of the two computers. Like if you have 6 people online 3 will be on one computer and the other 3 will be on the other computer. Understood? That reduces the lagg and increases the maximum amount of players online.

Sounds like an awesome idea!
Kind of expensive if you're paying for hosting servers though ;)
Keep going man, you're right, it'd revolutionize OTs forever =]
Red

Okay here it is..
What it does is it balances the amount of players on two computers from one server. So you run the server on two computers and the players will be playing on one of the two computers. Like if you have 6 people online 3 will be on one computer and the other 3 will be on the other computer. Understood? That reduces the lagg and increases the maximum amount of players online.

ok i got it now but still senseless because the part of open tibia which more use ram is the map, SO whats the point of making 2 game servers to manage the players? still a great a idea but still you have to think a better way to manage the map thingy...

If Elf says that he likes the idea, then the idea must be really great xD

Yeah, that would be nice. But humm, also there is a point in hosting one server on (ex.) 2 dedicated servers.

I have never released unfinished projects, unless I stopped developing them. Like the Open Tibia server I'm running. I used 3 months to develop and improve it, before I hosted it for the public.

The system will be released, but not until it's 110% working. It's better to not release something, instead of releasing something that doesn't work.
Well keep going on this project, i am not an programmer but if you need my help to test the system and give a feedback count with me =] i use to have many dedicated servers actived. how long do you think that will take to release it?

THANKS for this great idea.

OBS: with this system we will have a higher ping right? becase for example if we are using 3 dedicated servers, 1 to split, 1 to host and another one to host, until the host server send the information to the split(login)server it take some ms, mainly if they are not in the same datacenter.

Well keep going on this project, i am not an programmer but if you need my help to test the system and give a feedback count with me =] i use to have many dedicated servers actived. how long do you think that will take to release it?

THANKS for this great idea.

OBS: with this system we will have a higher ping right? becase for example if we are using 3 dedicated servers, 1 to split, 1 to host and another one to host, until the host server send the information to the split(login)server it take some ms, mainly if they are not in the same datacenter.

You haven't understood my idea like I intended to.
You will run 2 servers. The splitsystem is just like a "LINK" connecting those two servers together. Just like a "TP-Cabel" connects two computers together. It will have the same MS as a normal server. Your just playing on one of those server, just that you will receive screens and actions from both servers, while your actions only arrives on one server.

I think i understood now, but for example if i am on server 1 and my friend is on server 2:
my friend send the information to server 2(60ms), but i am connected to the server one, then it takes + 60ms until the server 2 send the informations to server 1 so that i can see his action but until i see the action that my friend did, it would take + 60 second until server 1 send me the information... BUT as you said "just that you will receive screens and actions from both servers, while your actions only arrives on one server" that means that the actions that my friend did, i will recive from server 2(my friend's server) not from server 1?
sorry for wasting your time but im sure that i am not the only one who thought that.

ExibeR why you wan't to discover the wheel for second time?

It can be done much easier... If you would like to have so big server, you must have much cash to take care of it...
So you will be able to use server cluster for running open tibia server (i think that cipsoft is doing this way).

With server cluster there will be more performance, less latency and more stability.

ExibeR why you wan't to discover the wheel for second time?

It can be done much easier... If you would like to have so big server, you must have much cash to take care of it...
So you will be able to use server cluster for running open tibia server (i think that cipsoft is doing this way).

With server cluster there will be more performance, less latency and more stability.
What about who dont have money for it? what about for brazilian users that have 300kbps of upload? this is a great project please just shut up.

If you have 300kbps of upload spilit system won't work too. It would cause lags. Latency around 60ms.
my friend send the information to server 2(60ms), but i am connected to the server one, then it takes + 60ms until the server 2 send the informations to server 1 so that i can see his action but until i see the action that my friend did, it would take + 60 second until server 1 send me the information... BUT as you said "just that you will receive screens and actions from both servers, while your actions only arrives on one server" that means that the actions that my friend did, i will recive from server 2(my friend's server) not from server 1?
I've told the same. This project has no future.
And don't say shut up to me.
What about who dont have money for it?
So he shouldn't host server.

I did not read all post so someone maybe said this.

if you die on server 1 and relogin and comes to server 2 your body will be gone, or you have to reconnect untill you come to the other server.
That can be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back