• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The SplitSystem [Never done before]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not read all post so someone maybe said this.

if you die on server 1 and relogin and comes to server 2 your body will be gone, or you have to reconnect untill you come to the other server.
That can be a problem.

Force connection when you die. Not hard at all to create.

This idea works well, but for 5000+ players ;) Not 500... It's good for huge MMO's like Eve Online which is already using that kind of system. There is also proper name for that, but I can't remind it right now :S

Also this idea is only successful when you own more than one dedicated, so you can balance the traffic between dedcated servers and not between instances on same box... And i doubt many people can afford having more than 1 box :)

That's why I hitted going on optimization of otserv instead of splitting it into instances of same server. Maybe you should do same? I don't wanna flame, or anything alike. But Tibia Server's aren't good example of using this kind of stuff.

Last edited:
This idea works well, but for 5000+ players ;) Not 500... It's good for huge MMO's like Eve Online which is already using that kind of system. There is also proper name for that, but I can't remind it right now :S

Also this idea is only successful when you own more than one dedicated, so you can balance the traffic between dedcated servers and not between instances on same box... And i doubt many people can afford having more than 1 box :)

That's why I hitted going on optimization of otserv instead of splitting it into instances of same server. Maybe you should do same? I don't wanna flame, or anything alike. But Tibia Server's aren't good example of using this kind of stuff.

What if they use 2 VPS instead of an dedicated server? that would be better and less lag, because he would have double connection, double processor(...) for a lower price

Affort it? Money is not the problem. This system is to save money. Instead of having 1 superultrapowerfulNASA computer to run a big server, you can have 1 good and 1 crappy computer. Everyone today has between 2-6 computers at home. What if you just could borrow some resources from those?

I'm not trying to force you in any way to use this system that I'm currently developing. I'm already far in the development, and I've already tried out parts of the system, which has been only success until now.

I will develop this for all people out there who can't affort upgrading their computer, over and over again. It's cheaper to buy a new computer than upgrading the previous one. And you will get more power from 2 computers.

Affort it? Money is not the problem. This system is to save money. Instead of having 1 superultrapowerfulNASA computer to run a big server, you can have 1 good and 1 crappy computer. Everyone today has between 2-6 computers at home. What if you just could borrow some resources from those?

I'm not trying to force you in any way to use this system that I'm currently developing. I'm already far in the development, and I've already tried out parts of the system, which has been only success until now.

I will develop this for all people out there who can't affort upgrading their computer, over and over again. It's cheaper to buy a new computer than upgrading the previous one. And you will get more power from 2 computers.

Yeh, but I'm talking about dedicated servers. I doubt anyone has symetrical uplink at home rofl... Even if you have 3 boxes at home as I do, I can do shit with it since my upload while buying best link ( that isnt sym ) is like 2mbit... Thats like what 150 players? And you will build scalabe server for something like that?

And you don't need a really great computer to run big server. I could achieve 400 players online with just 5-7% cpu usage.

And VPS's are still using one box, just it's being split into smaller servers - VPS.

It's waste of your time really. If people can't afford having good box, do you think they will rather buy small 2 VPS's which will be equal or even higher price than 1 good box they can have easly 400+ players online?

yeh, but i'm talking about dedicated servers. I doubt anyone has symetrical uplink at home rofl... Even if you have 3 boxes at home as i do, i can do shit with it since my upload while buying best link ( that isnt sym ) is like 2mbit... Thats like what 150 players? And you will build scalabe server for something like that?

And you don't need a really great computer to run big server. I could achieve 400 players online with just 5-7% cpu usage.

And vps's are still using one box, just it's being split into smaller servers - vps.

It's waste of your time really. If people can't afford having good box, do you think they will rather buy small 2 vps's which will be equal or even higher price than 1 good box they can have easly 400+ players online?
plz look at krokos upload

plz look at krokos upload

Well didn't say there can't be exceptions, but I'm talking about biger target of people which as I understand it should hit...

Yeh, but I'm talking about dedicated servers. I doubt anyone has symetrical uplink at home rofl... Even if you have 3 boxes at home as I do, I can do shit with it since my upload while buying best link ( that isnt sym ) is like 2mbit... Thats like what 150 players? And you will build scalabe server for something like that?

And VPS's are still using one box, just it's being split into smaller servers - VPS.

It's waste of your time really. If people can't afford having good box, do you think they will rather buy small 2 VPS's which will be equal or even higher price than 1 good box they can have easly 400+ players online?

CPU has almost nothing to do with a running server.
Random Access Memory is the keyword here.
Do like me, 8gb RAM + 2gb RAM from my Graphic Card which I reserved as Server RAM.
So my server is running on 10gb of RAM on the first computer, and a old one with 4gb of RAM. All together the server is running on 14gb of ram. Try building a computer which costs less than 700Euro, with 14gb of RAM, 4x 2.5Ghz + 2x 2.8Ghz processors.

Wasting my time? Is giving something back to the community a waste of time?
Perhaps you are the one wasting your time, when posting here.

@ExibeR
Please just ignore them and continue this great work, you had the best idea that ive already saw on this forum, i wish i could help you with that.
OBS: It will be compatible with TFS right?

CPU has almost nothing to do with a running server.
Random Access Memory is the keyword here.
Do like me, 8gb RAM + 2gb RAM from my Graphic Card which I reserved as Server RAM.
So my server is running on 10gb of RAM on the first computer, and a old one with 4gb of RAM. All together the server is running on 14gb of ram. Try building a computer which costs less than 700Euro, with 14gb of RAM, 4x 2.5Ghz + 2x 2.8Ghz processors.

Wasting my time? Is giving something back to the community a waste of time?
Perhaps you are the one wasting your time, when posting here.

Nah, I am just trying to save yours ;) Why would you need such amount of ram ? My server runs fine on 1gb with 100mb map. And if I would reorganize how Tile class looks it would probably could reach even less... I've got 8gb on my box and it's plenty enough to run 3 servers, webserver + mysql set at 2gig, and I still have some free.

Holy SHIT!!

This is a revolutionizing thing i've been waited for (kind of)
You may look at this thread to make it even more revolutioning!

thats called load balancer in the gameing world
for example eve-online hosts 15-40K users at one time all same server so its not same server its a grid like a server farm
lets say you wanna host on your server for example 5,000 players
and you have a rack with P4 3.0 1 GB RAM 10 SERVERS
every one will be on same map but 500 players each server will handle
that means no lags and all play in same server
the consept is simpe one server will be the sql database
all others server what he is dooing is linking the servers to get like same account but sql connection in one place
lets say this is an injection
[SQLSERVER]<<[SERVER1]<<[SERVER2][SERVER3]
so accounts remain on one db but people will be in auto balance with server

the problem is it is a hard job and will take time and re code most of the srver stuf what great is that tibia.com will not have it :)

Long time ago, before any loginserver for Otserv I posted about it, people liked the idea and got developed by someone months/years after.

At the same time I developed the idea if linking servers idea was possible, since years before I had made some IRC servers with friends and we linked them all on a network (done by us too).

After thinking and seeing all the different things that an IRC server haves with an otserv obviously I came to the conclusion that was impossible, Otserv needed a COMPLETE rebuild, making one server for each thing as chat, npc, map, and also the mysql server on a different machine for keep the data secure and stuff.

Impossible? may not, hard? yes, expensive at the time you will use it? many... is just that Otserv isn't and never was meant to work this way

hoping this post helped someone :)

It's logical, Arkold Thos, but think of the bigger servers. Why won't they do that? Most likely other games like eve-online first had one server too. Then they started to make it more.

As I said: cheaper will be server-cluster.

The point is you can hold 800 players on one box, and i doubt you will pass that... Actually i don't seen 600 online... Damn i am writing it in few posts but hey nobody listens, everyone is shocked wow wow cool amazing, but I doubt even if you realize how it is supposted to work...

Rather focus on rewriting some of otserv classes and write them as they should be written, than build something which is USELESS. Do whatever you want... I gave my opinion out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back