• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The SplitSystem [Never done before]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@up

I wasn't looking at it this way... ty :)

Because my server runs a 98mb map, and use 77% of my ram, and 3% of my CPU. I have 12gb ram and a AMD QuadCore 2,5Ghz.
So it's not much about your map or how big spawns you have.

Because if you have a big load of spawns, none of the monsters will move or do any action, unless a player enters the screen. So then they will not require any resources.

Try spawning all monsters on your map, at the same place. Then walk in with a character, and check your RAM/CPU usage. It should be 110%.

Because my server runs a 98mb map, and use 77% of my ram, and 3% of my CPU. I have 12gb ram and a AMD QuadCore 2,5Ghz.
So it's not much about your map or how big spawns you have.

Because if you have a big load of spawns, none of the monsters will move or do any action, unless a player enters the screen. So then they will not require any resources.

Try spawning all monsters on your map, at the same place. Then walk in with a character, and check your RAM/CPU usage. It should be 110%.

eloth:
35k spawns, 98 mb map

1.2gb ram usage, 0-3% cpu at heavy load :)

If monsters are spawned, they need ram, and actions require cpu time, not ram. :(

Then explain my RAM usage, and my low CPU usage.
That was not something I just came up with.

We've optimized how map storing works, normally i would have 2.5gb ram usage on that map... on GCC got 980mb on msvc 1.2gb.

Map wastes a lot of resources ;)

Maybe LooSik you can share that solution with me :)?
I would be very thankful :p

Soung really Great:O ihop some one can make that:D i would be very cool!:)

This have been done already for other server emulators like eathena (for ragnarok servers)... eathena is open source too so you may check its source if you need any reference or something. GL.

Finally you googled it

No need of google like u 'i wana lern c++ mor go otland mor make new thread of fail sisstem which suks 0mg i pr0 hakier 1337'

, k thx bye

feil sisten

btw if u know the answer why u keep asking stupid questions? kinda stupid for a 'wannabemakerofub333rmegasistemofot'

Last edited:
To Exiber..

Dude, we've seen this post for a little over some months now, but still no release, you planning on making it or what? :p

dude it sounds syco good lol go for it my bud gavin or Bintzer told me about this and you doin it

To Exiber..

Dude, we've seen this post for a little over some months now, but still no release, you planning on making it or what? :p

I am making it. But remember that it will take some time, as I'm managing Narkia at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back