• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The SplitSystem [Never done before]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Idea : D

Does it make the server less laggy even If I just have 1 server? :^0

Dumb? OFCOURSE IT DOESN'T! It makes it more laggy, if you would have read the first post then you would have known. Or are you too stupid for that? OR MAYBE YOU ARE POSTHUNTING? must be it.. Leave this forum now please.

If it's just a "crossroad", it's just a login server, you will need a server/application to merge the data from the game servers.

yes, it would be a login server, just like roundrobin dns;

but what if the leafs lose connections to each other <_<

There are many ways to transfer data:
*Hardware
*Bluetooth
*WAN
*LAN
etc.

^ fail

We're also talking about a backup server here.
Either if you server crashes, power shutdown, lost of ISP connection etc.

Too bad if your server crashes; use a UPS; real network connections almost never die

You can't do it real-time imho...How you transfer data between 2 pcs? If you want to use Ethernet the pcs must be in the same housing...and 60% crashes of servers are made by housing... so when you have 2 server in same housing they will both crash...The second thing is why you split it to 2 servers when both have the same data and also it takes much more ram cuz you must receive/send information to the other servers...

why must they be in same "housing"? also from when does more network utilization mean more ram usage? <_<

Then you will be connected to one server.
What about the players already on the servers? "netsplit" fail

why must they be in same "housing"? also from when does more network utilization mean more ram usage? <_<

That's 'cause he hadn't thought that through, he meant that you use on each one of the computers the amount of RAM that the origional TFS would take. So when you sum that up it will just be twice the RAM, but that doesn't really matter as you're using two or more servers anyways which have to be able to handle TFS all alone (concerning their RAM).

I this works without any problems, I WILL pay for it :)

No real reason. Does your server have 800+ players? You can host atleast that amount on a dedicated server that was kind of expensive.
So if you think about getting 800+ players then, go ahead, buy it.
Else, I would say no.

I can hold 800 players on decent quad core box...
What's the point of splitting then ? :<

Yep, agree with Loosik. And anyway, which map will be able to hold e.g. 2k+ players? Its tibia.. max 30 players on screen xdd

I can hold 800 players on decent quad core box...
What's the point of splitting then ? :<

who said it was made for you?

why you guys keep talking crap when there is users who need this system.?

maybe jelous becouse other people can use 2 not that good computers and still ba able to hold up as much as you can?

I agree with loosik to a certain degree..

But I think this system will benefit alot of players that can't afford a 1-2 thousand dollar computer or vps.

But I think this system will benefit alot of players that can't afford a 1-2 thousand dollar computer or vps.

That's exactly where I wanna go.
A cheaper solution to host a big amount of players.

VPS's are from $20/mo but they are not good for hosting big ots.

$1-2k computer? lol. you can easily build a home-type server(non-ecc ram and all that crap) for <$1k

Maybe this will be useless in the beginning, but it will be useful later when you get 300-400 players online 24/7.

The best solution is to build your own server (quad-core, 8G ram)...and keep it going in some housing centre and if you shut down the server, you have the computer, which in dedicated you pay a lot of money monthly for something that isn't yours..

I'm running rl map and it eats 45% of my 8GB ram.. ;-]

@up

I wasn't looking at it this way... ty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back