• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Unknown | Mapping Thread

End of 2022 is an eternity lol. Have you considered releasing with the massive map you already have, followed by content updates to keep players engaged? I know you probably want it to be “perfect” but I feel like that’ll get in the way of this awesome project ever seeing the light of day. Just my two cents. Either way, this map looks fun to explore as it is!

End of 2022 is an eternity lol. Have you considered releasing with the massive map you already have, followed by content updates to keep players engaged? I know you probably want it to be “perfect” but I feel like that’ll get in the way of this awesome project ever seeing the light of day. Just my two cents. Either way, this map looks fun to explore as it is!
Good things take time. Cutting shortcuts from what you originally envisioned only sacrifices quality.

Definitely some of the most clean mapping on this forum, good stuff

Believe me, I would want to have it up and running right now, and I took in consideration releasing it earlier and giving frequent updates, but for now too many areas are missing. I would be updating the server with new content constantly, but first the basics must be finished. I want it to be huge, well planned game world, and fill it with interesting content which takes time, and I won't sacrifice quality. There is no reason to worry that the server will not ever be released, it will, just not now 😁

Sup?!

Another portion of screenshots to share with you. As always, I hope you like it!

[154]
6O8SjPS.png

[155]
hBYoEBI.png

[156]
yUDn14i.png

[157]
XSa9xMz.png

[158]
EEXEwTD.png

[159]
J3V6UKw.png

[160]
DG3FlaL.png

[161]
WdrJLdK.png

I have also started working on aqueducts, this location is in early stage so it may change, may get another details or something like that...

[162]
aqueducts3.gif

[163]
aqueducts4.gif

[164]
aqueducts5.gif

[165]
aqueducts6.gif

I love your underworld. You gave it unique thematic I haven't seen anywhere else. I'm hoping to see more of it.

I love your underworld. You gave it unique thematic I haven't seen anywhere else. I'm hoping to see more of it.
Thanks, means a lot! I like the blue tint, blue color in general, so this location hits my taste too.
About seeing more... That's something I can do!

I'm blue da ba dee
[201]
O5EdLA0.png

[202]
gHcpDVg.png

[203]
qEGjbEe.png

[204]
VsvKVpA.png

[205]
JDXO1jC.png

[206]
Noe6Y4t.png

[207]
Ia5LmoQ.png

[208]
underworld13.gif

[209]
underworld15.gif

[210]
underworld16.gif

[211]
underworld14.gif

[212]
underworld17.gif

[213]
underworld18.gif

Last edited:
I was unhappy with the previous location, never shown here, so I removed it completly and created something like this.
I have also removed one location which was already shown in this thread, and replaced it with something new, but more about this later.

[214]
hm18.png

[215]
hm15.png

[216]
hm11.png

[217]
hm10.png

[218]
hm8.png

@Unknown Soldier try doing these like this instead, will look a bit nicer and not rushed. Also heads up they're will make the path not passable so you might want to consider that, although I'm sure there is a work around somehow

Attachments

@Unknown Soldier try doing these like this instead, will look a bit nicer and not rushed. Also heads up they're will make the path not passable so you might want to consider that, although I'm sure there is a work around somehow

Right, this glitch is because of modified palisade that I'm using. I've cloned 3522 and 3527 palisades and made them passable, and for some reason it always stays on the top, even though the only change was this passable attribute... Will correct this, thanks!