• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Violet Project - CipSoft Reverse Engineering Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezzz

Developer of Nostalrius and The Violet Project
Solutions
Reaction score
The Violet Project
Preview Video #1

Yes, only one video showing the most important facts that I didn't achieve on Nostalrius.
Named Violet in honor of my deceased grandmother, Violeta, my heart and soul belongs to you.

So this is what I have been working for the past five or so months, been killing myself making this so I hope you all like it, a couple servers are coming up within the next months for the 7.4 and 7.72 versions of my engine, not hosted by me though, but definitely supported.

Basically, a true 7.72 CipSoft server into latest TFS game server with all flexibilities that TFS has to offer, including full compatibility from LUA scripts, NPCs, map pieces, anything you can come up with, with amazing performance and quality of life changes, for the first time I can say that this project is becoming the true thing, just like Tibiantis, differences being this one is 7.72, and that 7.4 is on the works he-he.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my video.
p.s: I'm a bit depressed so, no much to say on this, you all should comprehend what I say with 7.7 CLONE xD
Business contact: Ezzz#1887

Attachments

Last edited:
so what is here to discuss other than you bragging about your depression yet again? 🤔
Why not giving props instead hacking on his depressions? Such disases are not to make fun with.
He did a great job there and spend alot of his time.
There is no reason blame him or his private problems. Instead of that you should be lucky we living in a country where we do not need to worry about such things. Imagine your currency would be worth nothing next day, working for a dollar instead of thousands like you did yesterday.. and there is no way out.

I know people that tried and commited suicide due to bad depressions. Nothing to make jokes about. Please stop with such statements.

@Ezzz great job you did there.
I noticed about the spells like exevo mort hur's effect, where the energy effect should be above the teleport effect, nothing dramatical but if you want it to be most accurate, you should fix that :)
Other than that, it looks just amazing, the behavior of monster movement is just like it was back in the days.

Last edited:
As of this comment, the spell order effects has been corrected.
Why not giving props instead hacking on his depressions? Such disases are not to make fun with.
He did a great job there and spend alot of his time.
There is no reason blame him or his private problems. Instead of that you should be lucky we living in a country where we do not need to worry about such things. Imagine your currency would be worth nothing next day, working for a dollar instead of thousands like you did yesterday.. and there is no way out.

I know people that tried and commited suicide due to bad depressions. Nothing to make jokes about. Please stop with such statements.

@Ezzz great job you did there.
I noticed about the spells like exevo mort hur's effect, where the energy effect should be above the teleport effect, nothing dramatical but if you want it to be most accurate, you should fix that :)
Other than that, it looks just amazing, the behavior of monster movement is just like it was back in the days.
Thank you bro! It is a pleasure to see your support and maturity towards my situation.
And as for the effect, very good eye! I hadn't noticed it until you brought it up! And voila!
It is also thanks to reports like this from tiny details that I've been able to achieve it this far from RealOTS players coming over to test.

image_2022-01-05_220105.png
I believe in you. 🙌
Where have you been? I didn't see you on Discord anymore. :(
Very nostalgic seeing that video, considering it's an OT I guess that means good job :D
Thank you so much, it fills me with joy reading this!

This looks like an interesting project! Out of curiosity, are you planning to work with Remere/SimOne and others to release toolings for maintaining and developing the servers?

This looks like an interesting project! Out of curiosity, are you planning to work with Remere/SimOne and others to release toolings for maintaining and developing the servers?
Ezzz edited RME 3.8 to work with cipsofts .sec map converted directly to otbm, you are still able to import any otbm map sector like normal, and have the latest RME functions. He also edited ItemEditor sources to manage, change, and parse an otb file, which AFAIK, no other item editor supports 7.7 until this one.

Pretty nice! I also could not forgive myself to notice, how you are presenting true 7.7 features, with loot messages displaying all around.

But amazing job!
You gave me a good laugh! I love that, you're definitely right, I should be recording more videos showing performance optimizations and more features wise, and also for the 7.4 version that is on the way!
ok cool, but where is the code?
It is not public, however some servers are launching under this engine very soon! This thread is specific to discuss Tibia features that people don't know about, to show off the potential of my free time hobby project and to give updates to all the versions I will be making.

It is not public, however some servers are launching under this engine very soon! This thread is specific to discuss Tibia features that people don't know about, to show off the potential of my free time hobby project and to give updates to all the versions I will be making.
Can I ask, for what certain reason is it not being made public?

Last edited by a moderator:
From first hand experience I'm thrilled to see this, good work from you. Now we will see what exiting servers will pop up based on this soon :)

Nice to hear you working on a new project @Ezzz. I hope you make some blog-like posts with more details about the project and features.

Great work man!
Keep it going. Good luck ✌️

Small Teaser

For tonight's teaser, monsters will no longer drop their defined loot upon dead but upon their first breath, meaning that you can see monsters with light effects on them. This does not mean that I have broken LUA loot drop, not at all, this system has been kept intact to code extra loot behavior to monsters, maybe for events or bosses even!

Furthermore, I have implemented armor changes, meaning that you can most likely see a couple monsters stronger than others!
Why you may ask? Because well, back then monsters armor also increased by their inventory items on specific conditions, e.g; knight armor is on the armor body position and it is found on its inventory (loot dropped).

Many other things are being worked on behind sights, so expect more teasers in the following days.
Also, The Violet Project 7.4 is expected to be finished this weekend!

otclient_gl_J42Gn8O3nV.png
Which Hero has a Fire Sword on its inventory when killed?!​

Last edited:
In the old days, I once saw a video of a warlock getting into a trap, when he had golden armor, he took less damage through the trap. If this helps you, make the engine as similar to the original as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back