• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Violet Project - CipSoft Reverse Engineering Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
You truly work your magic Ezzz. This is a quite interesting change and make the gameworld feel more alive and exciting

Small Teaser

For tonight's teaser, monsters will no longer drop their defined loot upon dead but upon their first breath, meaning that you can see monsters with light effects on them. This does not mean that I have broken LUA loot drop, not at all, this system has been kept intact to code extra loot behavior to monsters, maybe for events or bosses even!

Furthermore, I have implemented armor changes, meaning that you can most likely see a couple monsters stronger than others!
Why you may ask? Because well, back then monsters armor also increased by their inventory items on specific conditions, e.g; knight armor is on the armor body position and it is found on its inventory (loot dropped).

Many other things are being worked on behind sights, so expect more teasers in the following days.
Also, The Violet Project 7.4 is expected to be finished this weekend!

View attachment 64706
Which Hero has a Fire Sword on its inventory when killed?!​
Omg that's amazing! Good job!

Just a quick doubt.. I have in my memory (but I can be wrong) that, in that time, weapons and shields used to drop inside a bag (therefore, it shouldn't be equipped in the monster), only equipments were considered equipped by the monster (changing their armor) (so I think this light effect for fire sword is wrong).

Anyway, you're doing a very good job! Keep posting updates!

Just a quick doubt.. I have in my memory (but I can be wrong) that, in that time, weapons and shields used to drop inside a bag (therefore, it shouldn't be equipped in the monster), only equipments were considered equipped by the monster (changing their armor) (so I think this light effect for fire sword is wrong).
You're right, fire sword should not add light effect, cause it should be put in a bag in monster's inventory.
Just as for players, only equipped item could have an effect. And it also had to be placed in its corresponding slot, e.g. legs didn't add arm value when they were put in monster's hand, etc.
weapons and shields used to drop inside a bag
Weapons, shields, bows, throwables, wands, and everything that wears out or expires, as far as I remember. Plus items that had no other place due to the lack of free slots in the inventory.
In the old days, I once saw a video of a warlock getting into a trap, when he had golden armor, he took less damage through the trap. If this helps you, make the engine as similar to the original as possible.
That's true, I used to hunt warlocks with traps myself. There was a trick in which you could make warlock keep walking towards you and then back, and then again towards you and back. Each time he would step on your trap which would cancel invisibility, so that you could kill him with just melee. It worked in that corner next to the west entrance stairs. Trap deals const. 30 damage decreased by armor and because warlock's base armor is low, you could easily notice when it wore blue robe or golden armor.

Last edited:
Omg that's amazing! Good job!

Anyway, you're doing a very good job! Keep posting updates!
That is correct, the thing about fire sword; thing was I hadn't added bags for spawned inventories, since it was a very quick code made at 1 am hahaha, you are right on everything else, and having people that know about this and are getting attention towards my engine fills me with more motivation to continue implementing more and more changes!
Here are the objects that should go into the bag inside a monster in case anyone needs them:
ida_6YRU6jA84H.png
You're right, fire sword should not add light effect, cause it should be put in a bag in monster's inventory.
Just as for players, only equipped item could have an effect. And it also had to be placed in its corresponding slot, e.g. legs didn't add arm value when they were put in monster's hand, etc.
I feel proud to have kay comment on my thread, the old-school pro and CipSoft RE master as well, there are so many details that many people don't know about, and it has always been a pleasure to read your posts!

Update:
To explain on the monster inventories behavior from CIP, monster inventories act like a player's inventory, this means that on the body position can only be an item with body position slot, for example, a noble armor, this means that if a monster dropped any armor, it would 100% be on the armor slot.

Last edited:
To explain on the monster inventories behavior from CIP, monster inventories act like a player's inventory, this means that on the body position can only be an item with body position slot, for example, a noble armor, this means that if a monster dropped any armor, it would 100% be on the armor slot.
Exactly. But only one armor could be placed on the armor slot, so the other would be added in hand, therefore not adding arm value. Also, there was a bug (or was it intentional?) which caused legs, rings and boots to be put in hands first rather than its right spots. This can also be noticed when trading with an NPC, because creating item at player and at monster used the same function. E.g. if you buy / sell brass legs it will first go to / from hands, and only then legs spot. While for brass armor it would be the opposite, armor slot would be preferred. Nevertheless, boots of haste wouldn't speed up a monster in any case.

Another bug caused those items with weapon, shield etc. flags to omit the part of the code in which the number is determined. For most items it makes no difference, but throwables were always dropped in number of one, even though in the file there could be a high number of them. E.g. orc warlord had set up to 40 throwing stars, but only one could be dropped. This one for sure wasn't intended but that's the way it was.

And that's all aside of the bug which caused the rarest loots be generated more frequent than inteded. Due to the fact Cip programmer put '<=' instead of '<' in one place, the rarest loot actually had a chance of 1/500, NOT 1/1000 as most people think.

Speaking of monster's virtual inventory, it's worth noting they also had skills, including cap. They could only carry as much loot. If there was no more cap, the loot wasn't added.
In fact monsters not only have skills, but other creatures (NPCs and players) inherit their skills. Cip treated monster files as "race files" and other creatures of the same race (say player = human, dwarf NPC = dwarf, etc.) inherited its skills.

Nevertheless, boots of haste wouldn't speed up a monster in any case.
Wouldnt they if hands slots were busy? Or would that require item equip registration?

Last edited:
Also, there was a bug (or was it intentional?) which caused legs, rings and boots to be put in hands first rather than its right spots.
I'm guessing it is intentional, since the function they use to create the items at a monster is the same for players, so basically they go from head to toe (making backpack slot last unless it's a ring, if I can remember correctly), this is why items would end up in hands instead of legs or feet if they were supposed to be wear there if hands were empty.
Wouldnt they if hands slots were busy? Or would that require item equip registration?
On CIP code, only the GetArmorStrength function goes along the creature's inventory alongside the GetCreatureLight functions, hence this is why boots of haste do not give speed to the monster, aside the fact that they do not increase attack or shielding from inventory items either (there is no code for monsters to get such values from inventory, it is not only because they are found inside the lootbag).

I would absolutely go insane if I could run this server. I have been dreaming to have a such server engine for years at this point. I am terrible at coding but I love playing around with old school Tibia and reliving the past. It's been a passion for years. I am trying to fix a server for my old guild that we can chill on when bored, but so far all engines have had issues. Specifically Tibia 7.4. I can only hope that you release it at this point. There is almost nobody left with the skills to create an engine like that, which is why many people ended up leaving OtLand and the old school Tibia community the last years. What you have done is incredible, @Ezzz ! Absolutely stunning!

I can not wait to see what will come out of this.
This has sparked a lot of joy and hope back into the community.

Well done!

I'm guessing it is intentional, since the function they use to create the items at a monster is the same for players, so basically they go from head to toe (making backpack slot last unless it's a ring, if I can remember correctly), this is why items would end up in hands instead of legs or feet if they were supposed to be wear there if hands were empty.

On CIP code, only the GetArmorStrength function goes along the creature's inventory alongside the GetCreatureLight functions, hence this is why boots of haste do not give speed to the monster, aside the fact that they do not increase attack or shielding from inventory items either (there is no code for monsters to get such values from inventory, it is not only because they are found inside the lootbag).
How hard would it be to code a get attack value/speed value? Just thinking it would actually be quite interesting to suddenly have hard hitting cyclopses because they're carrying halberds.

How hard would it be to code a get attack value/speed value? Just thinking it would actually be quite interesting to suddenly have hard hitting cyclopses because they're carrying halberds.
Can be done in like 60 seconds lol, but yeah, definitely something interesting to see.

Can be done in like 60 seconds lol, but yeah, definitely something interesting to see.
It'd certainly make humanoid enemies that bit more dangerous. Things like orcs, minos, and cyclopses being able to suddenly have the weapons in their inventory count... I could imagine it'd make a cyclops hit really quite hard when they have a halberd.

If you're bored, I'd love to see the results :D

Edit: Come to think of it, would it possible to select the flag manually? I.e., a slime can't benefit from having armour? That way you could logically select which enemies are going to benefit from the loot they hold.

It'd certainly make humanoid enemies that bit more dangerous. Things like orcs, minos, and cyclopses being able to suddenly have the weapons in their inventory count... I could imagine it'd make a cyclops hit really quite hard when they have a halberd.

If you're bored, I'd love to see the results :D

Edit: Come to think of it, would it possible to select the flag manually? I.e., a slime can't benefit from having armour? That way you could logically select which enemies are going to benefit from the loot they hold.
Why wouldn't it be possible? :p
Ezzz is a demi-god haha and you are asking about an if statement

what does pvp look like?
we need war ots "cip-reverse-engineered-project"

Last edited:
Anyone who wants to test their pvp against mine :)
heads up- I've played since 2002

baloonman aka dip set here

Ah crap, just when I had gotten my hopes up for having a 7.4 server for me and my friends to relive the past on. Hopefully someone else out there with the knowledge can publish an engine with 7.4 mechanics one day. Keeping my hopes up :) Would be so dope to just chill around and have a good time with old friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back