• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The War Z!

With games like this being released and being successful it's only a matter of time before developers take advantage of this and make them for consoles. As an online open sandbox game would literally be epic on console. You have the choice to be "stealthy", "loud and fast", "whatever the fuck you want". Free roam games are pretty awesome to say the least. Add a one man army survival and you've got a hit.

Am going to disagree with up.
It wont happen, unless the grahpics are seriously dumbed down & even then i doubt it, the current console systems wont handle it, which is why Arma 2 never went on Xbox.
Then playing an open world survival with that FOV? Yuck that's just nasty.

Maybe next generation if you're lucky, but then that's just my dislike for consoles talking.

Am going to disagree with up.
It wont happen, unless the grahpics are seriously dumbed down & even then i doubt it, the current console systems wont handle it, which is why Arma 2 never went on Xbox.
Then playing an open world survival with that FOV? Yuck that's just nasty.

Maybe next generation if you're lucky, but then that's just my dislike for consoles talking.

Really? I believe a 360 would run it just perfect.

I'm pretty sure you can get sick graphics on a ps3 also.. have you not seen granturismo 5? It is pretty much like watching a race on your tv. The reflections etc are perfect.

Anyway why would it have to be the same graphics...? Games like assassin's creed are good enough.. GTA has always had shit graphics on console.. yet it was a hit. So yes. It most likely will happen once these types of games keep becoming successful. It will provide the incentive to create such a game on console.

If they keep becoming a success like this, then consoles will see a market for it. If there is a market for it -> There is money to be made.
The rule of thumb is if it profits, do it.

Yea, because Skyrim & COD3 weren't graphically handicapped at all.
Skyrim - Open world, couldn't be handled.
COD3 - Online shooting with decent graphics, dumbed down because it was an "Mostly Online Shooter" and being able to display anything better without lagging online wasn't worth it.

DayZ? not a chance.

well skyrim graphics are highly better than dayz or warz

Dude, they din't have to be best graphics... I really don't get why you say they would never make a similar game for console because the graphics? Check assassins creed.. Not best graphics, but a hit game. Gta exactly the same. Hell, saints row is known for the bad graphics but its a hit regardless. People may get games in pc just for graphics, but on console its for the experience.

Believe me, if consoles see a market for it. It'll happen.

If War Z was on console, IMO it would be a hit. I someday hope that Rockstar will develop a Zombie version of GTA. Sure it wont be all like "yo homie, steal dis car" etc. But running down zombies with cars/tanks etc would be sweet.

GTZ. But tbh saints row 3 added a small zombie aspect n it is almost a flop. As it is just constant run n shoot.

GTZ. But tbh saints row 3 added a small zombie aspect n it is almost a flop. As it is just constant run n shoot.

Well I think it would be a different franchise entirely, so it wont be called GTA: Zombies or so on.
They could use the same engine perhaps, I'm sure their team would be well able to develop some sort of story to go with it.

I'd be happy as long as they keep the graphics, cars, weapons etc. Would love to run down some zombies in a tank, or shoot theme from an Apache.

Go get saints row ;) you can so just that. On the third anyway. If gta had saints row customization it would reach a whole new level. Though saints row tends to be a lot more insane. You get to slap zombies with a giant dildo bat !!! Lulz

Dude, they din't have to be best graphics... I really don't get why you say they would never make a similar game for console because the graphics? Check assassins creed.. Not best graphics, but a hit game. Gta exactly the same. Hell, saints row is known for the bad graphics but its a hit regardless. People may get games in pc just for graphics, but on console its for the experience.

Believe me, if consoles see a market for it. It'll happen.

I really ARAHSEASJGBDFAHSDLYBKF..
You're missing my point completely, no you actually failed to read my post, i didn't say they wouldn't do it because of the graphics i said "the current console systems wont handle it".

It's the reason COD got graphically handicapped, because it would crazy lag online otherwise (The proof is in the fact, that even on PC we have an Option, to turn our graphics to "default" which is the default setting for Xbox, which we have to use if you want to minimise lag while playing online & that's not even open world -but it's also because they didn't want dedicated servers, it runs off peer to peer-.

Skyrim is open world, that got a graphic handicap because of it, it has nothing to do with the graphics being good on those games, they were actually "Handicapped" so they'd "Run" on a console.

They'd make a single player one i guess, but i don't see a multiplayer one coming out at all for xbox360 or the PS3.

Last edited:
It's not impossible. I can see it coming to consoles, perhaps not xbox 360 or ps3. Maybe the next console (new xbox or ps4).
They would have quite a big demand imo.

It's not impossible. I can see it coming to consoles, perhaps not xbox 360 or ps3. Maybe the next console (new xbox or ps4).
They would have quite a big demand imo.

Yea, that's what i can see happening, but those wont be out anytime soon.
& even then am skeptical, but like i said that's because i don't personally like consoles because of there limitations.

Ps4 is planned for 2013 isn't it? N idk about xbox. I just know that work on the ps5 version is started well apparently atleast so i guess they just waiting for the time to release the 4.. Probably christmas 2013. Since they did state the ps3 as a 10 year console but xbox and other consoles will probably get a headstart if this is the case Anyway i forgot you said it was about running it. I guess it depends on rendering but it could still be done on a console of todays standards, just limit players on servers to like 30? And on the console versions limit the detail rendering. Idk there will be ways around it but that is probably where it removes the profit from the market.

Anyway warz seems to be a more community based dayz which imo is better.. Nevermind the better construct.

Pre-ordering when I can hopefully.

Already in a clan, so this should be dope!

You mentioned that there will be a store or marketplace in the game. Is it micro-transaction based?
As you explore the game world, you'll find two types of currency - Dollars and Gold Coins. Both can be used for barter between players if you want or to purchase certain consumables (food, medicine, ammo) at the General Store in one of the safe settlements and in the Marketplace in the frontend. Not all items that you find in the world will be purchasable, and by no means do you need to use the store at all - everything can be found in the game world.

I want PAY FOR WIN! I have lots of money to spend!
Sorry pal, but this is the wrong game. Like in a real-world, post apocalyptic scenario, your money will mean much less than your natural survival skills, training and wits.

I doubt on both of these statments.

Beside if you will make a market where people can trade stuff, then how is this realistic?

I doubt on both of these statments.

Beside if you will make a market where people can trade stuff, then how is this realistic?

What do you doubt on these? Don't you believe in a market?
So where do you get stuff, where do people get money? You can't "live" off the wilds when you're in a zombie apocalypse pal. Everything is radiated. Everything is infected, only somethings isn't therefore. Buy it, simple as that.

What do you doubt on these? Don't you believe in a market?
So where do you get stuff, where do people get money? You can't "live" off the wilds when you're in a zombie apocalypse pal. Everything is radiated. Everything is infected, only somethings isn't therefore. Buy it, simple as that.

If I can shoot them and take their items while trading then I am fine with that.

In a realistic game there shouldn't be anything forbidden, my gun controls me.

If I can shoot them and take their items while trading then I am fine with that.

In a realistic game there shouldn't be anything forbidden, my gun controls me.

I'm gonna go buddha in this game yo.
No killing, be fair, be nice and respecting others. Killing zombies is allowed but killing humans that can assist me while playing is awesome.
If your guns control you, you should be killed. Your mind should control you imho.

Back