• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

There is a way to use compiled OTClient with other OTServers?

n00bzin

Reaction score
Sorry if it is a dumb question or is in the wrong section of the forum

The main point is: I play on Mac and a lot of servers I take a look and seems to like have only Windows clients

I compiled OTClient on my machine, it opens and seems to work. But is possible to, for example, download the Safebra's client and copy the files to my client's directory and use it? If yes, how to proceed? What to do with BattlEye, for example, since it relies on DLLs on Windows clients?

I am new to OT world and I am not sure if everything (but the client itself) are just data files that doesn't depend on the platform you are running the client, or if there is anything that I should be concerned/worry about and try to adapt

I could not find any material or tutorial on how to be doing this or if it is possible. Any help will be very appreciated

Thanks in advance

If you can change the ip it connects to, and they server allows all clients, and your sprdat is compatible, sure

If you can change the ip it connects to, and they server allows all clients, and your sprdat is compatible, sure
Thanks for answering <3

I am using the edubart's repository. The IP I can change on sources, but how the version is handled, for example?

The server I want to play says that it uses 12.64. Is it related to original client? To protocol? Is just a string that also need to be changed inside the sources?

Found no sprdat file/folder inside the Windows version of this server (this server relies on Qt, dunno if it is a different OTClient repository or what)

There are a few files that are .dat under assets folder (like appearance), but sprites are all sprite*.lzma compressed files, there are a lot for sprites. Need to convert, then?

Last edited:
This server's client binary seems to be the original client, just with IPs and URLs modified. It does not have that OTClient top toolbar and still says CipSoft in the arts

Last edited:
Back