• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia 10/10.98 Packet structure

Snavy

Bakasta
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
Could somebody tell how the Packet structure goes in (TIBIA CLIENT) Tibia 10 / 10.10 ?

Last edited:
Solution
gonna quote what a good friend told me about it
first of all you should know the purpose of a checksum, at some point you probably have noticed that some important files on websites have usually a md5 or sha1 checksum, for example OSes iso files they do that, then you can do a md5 or sha1 and check for integrity of your download, if you never did on web, at least you have done some git commit, for check the integrity of your patch to the merger, it does a sha1 checksum, otherwise the merger couldn't trust that patch, it could be broken, or even malicious, but, ofc for a game packet this doesn't make much sense, but at some point cipsoft decided to implement this, the way it worked one piece of the packet header were the adler32...
What do you mean with packet structure?
The structure of the packages is the same as any other version.

If you are talking about the latest update, the "flash news" on github is the best way to go unless you know and have an old decompiled flash .swf file to compare with.

Last edited by a moderator:
gonna quote what a good friend told me about it
first of all you should know the purpose of a checksum, at some point you probably have noticed that some important files on websites have usually a md5 or sha1 checksum, for example OSes iso files they do that, then you can do a md5 or sha1 and check for integrity of your download, if you never did on web, at least you have done some git commit, for check the integrity of your patch to the merger, it does a sha1 checksum, otherwise the merger couldn't trust that patch, it could be broken, or even malicious, but, ofc for a game packet this doesn't make much sense, but at some point cipsoft decided to implement this, the way it worked one piece of the packet header were the adler32 checksum of the whole buffer, then when server received the message, it also do a checksum for the whole buffer, then server can guarantee that it is reading the same thing that client sent and vice-versa, according to jo3 posts, now they decided to remove this, because encryption and hashing are expensive operations, and well, network game packet is not that important to spend this computing time, meaning they removed this whole adler32 hashing thing, there is no checksum anymore, instead they don't do that and apparently they support compression of some packets, probably that ones that they thing are most important, probably packets that they want to log, e.g store purchases, then you save storage by compressing it, all this thing needs a rework output/network headers, i can't just tell what changes you need, but later i can look at it.
thanks @Shyzoul again :p
maybe another person could teach us more about it :)

Solution
Please read the rules; Rules for the Support board

If you want more support you have to tell us more about what you want.
Every packet has a diffrent structure, as shown in the links I posted in a diffrent thread you created; C++ - RSA Encryption

Well im looking for Login packet structure, is that enoguh detail? if not pls ask questions so i can answer thm

Well im looking for Login packet structure, is that enoguh detail? if not pls ask questions so i can answer thm

Then use the links, whats the problem? We can't give you every packet structure you request, use the links and the serach function and you will find everything.
Ex in TFS you can see that it's 0x17, convert that to decimal = 23
Do a serach in the files (easiest way is this) :int = 23;

Now we find this; Flash-News/Connection.as at c986ca7096b1ba7e8d4141167e3690e05801fccb · comedinha/Flash-News · GitHub
So we do a serach for "SLOGINSUCCESS";
And then we end up here; Flash-News/Communication.as at c986ca7096b1ba7e8d4141167e3690e05801fccb · comedinha/Flash-News · GitHub

Back