• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia Live - Open Tibia Server List [work in progress]

Syntax

Developer
Reaction score
I'm developing a new server list for the OT community.
The key difference between this list and others is I don't rely on user submitted data.
I've already collected more data than all other lists, I'm currently focusing on the UI to display it.

I'm scraping the internet for ALL tibia servers (broadcasting on port 7171)
Then I normalize the status protocol data along with other server data collected while scraping.

User experience is the #1 goal. Keep an open mind as it's still work in progress.
Note: some data like player count will not update during development, as the monitor servers aren't running

Tibia LIVE - Open Tibia Server List (https://tibia.live/)

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 2.50.54 AM.png

Last edited:
Good job! I hope that you will accept custom servers and anime ots.

"can't make good advertise for theoxserver pff mark ban me xin ban me pfft im angry developer now"
"let's make our own ot server list and then we promote ourselves"

Perhaps you have good intentions to make something better, but in the end (I know you won't admit), but you will take benefits of this and make yourself higher and higher (not to mention your ego).

I'm scraping the internet for ALL tibia servers (broadcasting on port 7171)
Then I normalize the status protocol data along with other server data collected while scraping.
Are you sure you didn't use otservlist.org to copy them instead? Your site has servers which are in no way connected to port 7171 but yet, these are visible there. How come? For example, Medivia probably has no intention to be on your site, but they are probably not using 7171, still, they aren't visible there even if you used any other port as well as 7171.

Last edited:
Thumbs up for the massive list of servers, glad to see another server list show up ;)
I've got a few notes and suggestions, if you don't mind:

The hover tooltip on host should rather say `Hosted in $country`, to make it more clear what that means - people may still confuse it with server language.
Description column seems empty, unless you plan to populate it, I'd remove it, seems unnecessary.
Would be cool to have some filters, to only show servers having >= X players using client Y hosted in Z ;)
Every other tr could have a different color, the usual. To more easily distinguish between lines.

I'd also welcome a dark layout and the option to switch it.

Oh, and please, consider using the bootstrap .container on the content, as it's too wide for no reason.

Good work ;)

it can be nice if u fix actually collecting servers not just taking them from otservlist and make it better thanks!

to make it beter than otservlist:
make site look good
make good sorting options
delete spoofed shiits
make owners able to claim servers
when they claim server
they can put their own description, maybe add possible to add links to forums/youtube
like on otservers.eu

after all this is added
u need buy advertisements
if site is better than the alternatives and contains all servers from otservlist and other lists i can see players switching to this
then site wil have many users
then owners will bne interested in paying you for yellow names and such
countdowns is good
ofcourse u can skip these last steps, but that would give you a big profit for the site
and i think pay2win options are good on sites
and for example having high cost of them is a good idea i think, so there isnt countdown everyday, so every server isnt specially highlighted
for example u could probably make countdowns more expensive than otservlist once the site is known annd still get many customers for it
because its good way for servers to get known

Last edited:
Good job! I hope that you will accept custom servers and anime ots.

We already do, I will eventually have a specific tab for these (pokemon, naruto, dbz, etc)

"can't make good advertise for theoxserver pff mark ban me xin ban me pfft im angry developer now"
"let's make our own ot server list and then we promote ourselves"

Perhaps you have good intentions to make something better, but in the end (I know you won't admit), but you will take benefits of this and make yourself higher and higher (not to mention your ego).

Are you sure you didn't use otservlist.org to copy them instead? Your site has servers which are in no way connected to port 7171 but yet, these are visible there. How come? For example, Medivia probably has no intention to be on your site, but they are probably not using 7171, still, they aren't visible there even if you used any other port as well as 7171.

TheOxServer is no longer running, we've sold it and I no longer work on it. Your point is invalid. I've been making things for the community for years, this is no different. Every server on here was broadcasting it's STATUS PORT on 7171. I have MORE servers than otservlist.org so how could I copy them? Also I have data for every server that otservlist doesn't have (the hosting company for example).

Stats from my first run:
Code:
Players online: 17009
Servers online: 464
Total servers: 699 (there were 899, but a lot were invalid)

According to otservlist.org's stats at the time:
Code:
Players online: 14611
Servers online: 364
Total servers: 488

Thumbs up for the massive list of servers, glad to see another server list show up ;)
I've got a few notes and suggestions, if you don't mind:

The hover tooltip on host should rather say `Hosted in $country`, to make it more clear what that means - people may still confuse it with server language.
Description column seems empty, unless you plan to populate it, I'd remove it, seems unnecessary.
Would be cool to have some filters, to only show servers having >= X players using client Y hosted in Z ;)
Every other tr could have a different color, the usual. To more easily distinguish between lines.

I'd also welcome a dark layout and the option to switch it.

Oh, and please, consider using the bootstrap .container on the content, as it's too wide for no reason.

Good work ;)

1. The hover tooltip is work in progress, it's just meant to show the functionality, more information will be added.
  2. The description column will display the servers current MOTD.
  3. Filters will be added soon.
  4. I can add an alternate color for rows sure.
  5. Dark theme will be added once all UI is finalized, so I don't have to go back and forth
  6. I don't use bootstrap, but I do plan to cap it for big monitors 1440p+ but I do media queries last. (and I'm overseas on my macbook)

@LazyBear afaik oxserver has been sold, they no longer work on it.

Correct

The only big ego seems to be yours though ;)
it can be nice if u fix actually collecting servers not just taking them from otservlist and make it better thanks!

to make it beter than otservlist:
make site look good
make good sorting options
delete spoofed shiits
make owners able to claim servers
when they claim server
they can put their own description, maybe add possible to add links to forums/youtube
like on otservers.eu

after all this is added
u need buy advertisements
if site is better than the alternatives and contains all servers from otservlist and other lists i can see players switching to this
then site wil have many users
then owners will bne interested in paying you for yellow names and such
countdowns is good
ofcourse u can skip these last steps, but that would give you a big profit for the site
and i think pay2win options are good on sites
and for example having high cost of them is a good idea i think, so there isnt countdown everyday, so every server isnt specially highlighted
for example u could probably make countdowns more expensive than otservlist once the site is known annd still get many customers for it
because its good way for servers to get known

1. I don't collect from otservlist, I have more servers than they do. They rely on user submitted data, I scrape the internet for ALL tibia servers.
  2. It already looks better
  3. It does sort, but I will improve sorting and filtering
  4. Owners will be able to set a description by updating their MOTD, they can add links to forums in their config.lua as well. Eventually I'll make an account system, but that's further down the road, I'm focused on displaying ALL servers as best as possible, not just the ones owners have modified on my site
  5. I don't need the money and the site doesn't cost much to maintain. I may add features like status monitoring and things that owners can subscribe to, but highlighting rows, ads, etc will not be added. Possibly a countdown system for new servers starting, and possibly a featured list based on user votes, but again, that's far far in the future.

Keep in mind this is the first week of development, I threw this together while I'm on vacation in Thailand. I wanted to show the community the progress during development to keep motivation and get feedback during the process.

Last edited:
I like it, keep it simple and clean.
Also, what languages/framework are you using?

I like it, keep it simple and clean.
Also, what languages/framework are you using?

Nothing, it's vanilla HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. It works without JavaScript too.

idk the servers dont refresh it says demonia has 1 player? lol :D

Read the first post "Note: some data like player count will not update during development, as the monitor servers aren't running"

Nothing, it's vanilla HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. It works without JavaScript too.

Read the first post "Note: some data like player count will not update during development, as the monitor servers aren't running"
TL;DR

Looks nice, can you confirm if you will block servers faking online numbers, though?
Not that I play anymore, but, if someone spoofs online numbers, how will your system detect it?

Looks nice, can you confirm if you will block servers faking online numbers, though?
Not that I play anymore, but, if someone spoofs online numbers, how will your system detect it?

There's no way to accurately detect it, I'll add a report system and moderators.

Back