• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia will exist in 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tibia will never die. Why? Because of this community.

Most of the developement here on Otland is open source, which means that IF Tibia would die and close, someone else would start it up again.

I think it will lose a lot of players and that cipsoft will sell their company to a br server then it will die :p

I think it will lose a lot of players and that cipsoft will sell their company to a br server then it will die :p
Whether they sell their company or not, tibia is kinda irrelevant at this point, in this community we have mappers, graphic artists, programmers scripters, web designers, spriters, basically a company of our own.

Don't forget about all the tools we have at our disposal; map, spr & dat editors, spell, npc & creature makers and our own client.

I believe a lot if not all the improvements which were implemented in the live game are due to sites like this where we the thinkers / doers introduce a concept and apply it.

This idea is shared amongst the whole community and eventually makes its way onto the official forums where the idea is considered and possibly implemented.

Who knows maybe otland has helped keep tibia alive.

Whether they sell their company or not, tibia is kinda irrelevant at this point, in this community we have mappers, graphic artists, programmers scripters, web designers, spriters, basically a company of our own.

Don't forget about all the tools we have at our disposal; map, spr & dat editors, spell, npc & creature makers and our own client.

I believe a lot if not all the improvements which were implemented in the live game are due to sites like this where we the thinkers / doers introduce a concept and apply it.

This idea is shared amongst the whole community and eventually makes its way onto the official forums where the idea is considered and possibly implemented.

Who knows maybe otland has helped keep tibia alive.
That´s true but otland original came from tibia what would ot be without the real tibia

That´s true but otland original came from tibia what would ot be without the real tibia
There are plenty of open source projects that exist well after the official project died out.

Masiyah isn´t better then the orginial tibia project,
for some reason I can´t enter the masiyah, not the website or the server hahaha :p
They currently have 500 players online.

Try again: w w w . m a s i y a h . s e

They currently have 500 players online.

Try again: w w w . m a s i y a h . s e
Masiyah is a great server but it´s not better then rl tibia

Haha don´t know why :p (English translate "Website is not available")
xuLUXFB.png

Tons of games are kept alive by a mod community after the creators either go bankrupt or stop supporting the game.

If you want me to make a list I can. But honestly if you don't know of ANY game that is kept alive and made better after the developers stop supporting the game, then you haven't been gaming in the last 5 years very much.

Idea:
1. Get the sources for the last client version when the game finally ends
2. Continue updating
OR
1. Get the sources for the first client version
2. Completely start over

Tibia completly died in December 2016. Unable to play the game due to lags and kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back