• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibiantis - reversed old Tibia project - discussion thread

I must say that I'm very impressed by this server, you truly put time on it and I can confirm that all the stuff I've tested so far has been accurate.

does anyone know the ip of the tibiantis game for me to test my ping?
Post automatically merged:

otland.png

error map or was it like that?

Last edited:
Yes, it's a small map error. Invalid merging of that tile.
Those rock walls are problematic when it comes to downgrading Cip map, because some should be replaced by those:
UkBTuyd.png

and others by those:
jptopGo.png

So people just chose to use the second option everywhere, but it changes some passages (+ visual change).
In some places it should be replaced even by other types of wall (in Kazo upper floors for example). There's no single rule for that, so you can't use just "replace item by ID". So we're merging Cip map with the one we've tracked from old .rec fles. If any error is found, like here, please report it :) @FearWar

@yazo
I've seen examples of servers in which people who took part in tests easily got ahead of the rest in the beginning thanks to custom content they got faimilar with. We don't want that here. Also some of the quests may be designed to be hard - either for solving per se, or because of monsters - and on TS in some cases it could be too easy to brute-force the way.

The deal with buying spells in advance or not, does it really matter? We all know the fact that going off ur way to buy spells multiple times is a pain.
I much rather spend the same amount of money and not being able to use it (if I want to) and then just use it when I am ABLE to.
I dont really care what the real thing was. My point is, letting people buy it in advance is just a quality of life thing and should imo be included. Even if it wasnt the case back in the day.

And the thing is, people wont buy many spells in advance even if they could on their first characters. Cause in the beginning money is worth so much and you wouldnt wanna waste money if you really dont need it in that exact point in time.

Buying spells in advance only gives a quality of life feature to people with mains really. As they can lend large amounts of money to their sub chars to be able to buy a ton of spells in advance.

The only downside I can see is that people waiting for players to buy spells wont get visitors that often.. and thats about it.. Cant think of anything else :p

Just my 2 cents.

The deal with buying spells in advance or not, does it really matter? We all know the fact that going off ur way to buy spells multiple times is a pain.
I much rather spend the same amount of money and not being able to use it (if I want to) and then just use it when I am ABLE to.
I dont really care what the real thing was. My point is, letting people buy it in advance is just a quality of life thing and should imo be included. Even if it wasnt the case back in the day.

And the thing is, people wont buy many spells in advance even if they could on their first characters. Cause in the beginning money is worth so much and you wouldnt wanna waste money if you really dont need it in that exact point in time.

Buying spells in advance only gives a quality of life feature to people with mains really. As they can lend large amounts of money to their sub chars to be able to buy a ton of spells in advance.

The only downside I can see is that people waiting for players to buy spells wont get visitors that often.. and thats about it.. Cant think of anything else :p

Just my 2 cents.
an advance purchase of a spell, interferes a lot in the RPG!

Example 1: You are already 10 years old and have already bought a magic "exura gran" for example, you do not need to go back to the city level 13 to make a purchase, but stay in the cave hunting.

an advance purchase of a spell, interferes a lot in the RPG!

Example 1: You are already 10 years old and have already bought a magic "exura gran" for example, you do not need to go back to the city level 13 to make a purchase, but stay in the cave hunting.
Yeah, I mentioned in my post.

By the way, I see you are using a modified official 7.72 tibia client on the test server. Will you use that on launch as well? If that's the case, there will be lots and lots of botters.. BlackD is open source and very powerful. Changing RSA, shifting around bytes and their order, changing class names and changing op-codes wont do anything against botters. (not that OTC does) but at least the old official Tibia bots wont work that easily.

Yeah, I mentioned in my post.

By the way, I see you are using a modified official 7.72 tibia client on the test server. Will you use that on launch as well? If that's the case, there will be lots and lots of botters.. BlackD is open source and very powerful. Changing RSA, shifting around bytes and their order, changing class names and changing op-codes wont do anything against botters. (not that OTC does) but at least the old official Tibia bots wont work that easily.

We will use modified client, not the same one though. Anything related to cheating-prevention was cut off for the tests time.
It won't be so easy to run those bots. Not saying impossible of course, because there's always a way, so you can't just think you have some fancy anti-bot and it's done. But as you said, it's also naive to think that OTC actually does anything against botters. Nowadays it's often the opposite.
And OTC is not that stable, it requires alot of effort and time to make it work reliably.

I don't think you should be worried about botters and cheaters. I would say it's the last thing you could worry about. ;)

Regarding being able to purchase spells before magic level achieved, I found next to nothing sheding any light on how it might've been. However I found a line in Eremo NPC:
Code:
"You must be have level %A  or better to learn this spell."
Looks like the "be" has been added without removing the "have", which to me seems to imply that you could not purchase spells before you had magic level to do so.

Regarding being able to purchase spells before magic level achieved, I found next to nothing sheding any light on how it might've been. However I found a line in Eremo NPC:
Code:
"You must be have level %A  or better to learn this spell."
Looks like the "be" has been added without removing the "have", which to me seems to imply that you could not purchase spells before you had magic level to do so.
That's 7.7 tho, tibia had a pretty big overhaul to mana regen and mana needed for spells (and thus level requirements) on tibia 7.6 so it might have been different on 7.4

Sure, but that is kind of my point. The file "Eremo.npc" seems (to me) to have been edited at some point. In addition to that, I could bet money on the fact that you needed magic level to purchase spells as I remember on my first account and player, as I advanced in magic level, always went for the spell NPC to check what new spells I could learn. But of course that is taken out of my own memory, but fairly sure on that part.

@ond
Noticed that too, when reworking those NPCs. Also some said "have level" and others "be level". We didn't touch that, I only corrected for Eremo as far as I remember (except for replacing level with magic level ofc).
But what's more important is that they had implemented function for checking player's magic level. "MagLevel" can be used instead of "Level" in NPC files. And it's not like they would implement stuff not needing it.

@ond
Noticed that too, when reworking those NPCs. Also some said "have level" and others "be level". We didn't touch that (except for replacing level with magic level).
But what's more important is that they had implemented function for checking player's magic level. "MagLevel" can be used instead of "Level" in NPC files.
Sufficient evidence if you ask me. I'd probably prefer the other option though due to the enhanced comfort, but the essence of this project is not necessary comfort...!

when I'm using trap 1581693326233.png I don't receive experience, Is it 7.4 thing ? or it's a bug ?
1581693263060.png

You need to make at least 1 blood hit yourself to get full exp from it.

closing door when spot infront taken, should push to other side, if free spot
doorpush.png
doorpush2.png

should i report stuff like this or i go too far? xd

Back