• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Trying to make OT Client work with TFS 1.2 7.4

MikeOT

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello!

I come back from a several year long hiatus and have been getting myself reacquainted with this world for the past few weeks.

Right now, I'm trying to accomplish getting OTClient to work with this distro:

GitHub - babymannen/theforgottenserver-7.4

The problem that I am having is that to my understanding it is a 7.4 server based on TFS 1.2, but is modified to use a 7.72 client for (i'm assuming) the graphics options?

Haha, either way, forgive me noobishness, I'm just trying to learn :)

Anyhow, here is what I'm running into.

When I try to login with the provided edited 7.72 client it works like a charm and I get this:

ScreenShot1956 — Postimage.org

When I try logging in with OTClient (set to 7.72 protocol) I get this:

ScreenShot1955 — Postimage.org

But When I try to login with OTClient (set to 7.4) I get this:

ScreenShot1957 — Postimage.org

My eyes are starting to go crossed trying to connect the dots! :)

Thanks for taking the time to help an old man learn this junk. You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Edit: Ended up being able to get it to work properly by just copying the dat and spr files from the provided 7.72 client into the OTClient folder.

So one more question for now:

What is involved in setting my server up to where you can only connect to it with the client I provide?

I'm assuming it's something to do with changing the RSA keys?

Last edited:
First off, I don't recommend using that distribution due to the fact that there are unsolved bugs.

However, if you still want to use it, the problem is that it's a 7.72 client loading modified 7.4 spr, dat and pic file. So, not sure how OTC works, but you need to use the modified dat/spr/pic for OTC also

I see. Is there a better 1.2 distribution based on 7.4?

Thanks, I'll check it out later today :)

You can try to save 7.4 spr as 7.72 one.

Tfs 1.2 downgraded to 7.4 works with OTC, just use protocol 772 and instead of making a hell with the sprites, just edit the one it came with.

Yep, I ended up gettin it to work by just using the spr/dat that came with the client and connecting OTCLIENT through 7.72

You'd think that'd be obvious but it alluded me haha. I just assumed it wouldn't be that simple!

Anyhow, I didn't realize the unresolved issues this distribution has so I'm gonna compile the above mentioned one and check it out. I know everything has a bug here and there, but the OTX one seems to be much better and active, so I'll just work from it!

Thanks for the replies!

Back