• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[UK][7.4] Tibiantis Test Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Website/AAC
https://tibiantis.online
Server Address
tibiantis.online
Server Port
Client Protocol
do you really think that they would pay for the person that could ddos server, instead of investing that cash to improve their firewall/other security services on the server side? xdd
it took 1 year for Cipsoft to improve servers to make it unable to get ddos
kasteria is ddosed with new way every edition
retrocores had problems for 3 weeks, it came again yesterday

Yes, i would pay the guy that is ddosing instead of risking fail FIRST edition of server.

if you would have already trusted player base, you could make them wait 3 weeks till u repair everything

anyway it was just a joke, idk u take seriously my messages in 2k20 ? i came here in 2k17 yet u didint learn
Post automatically merged:

wanted to trap temple with rats and crates, but i found that rookgard have no protection zone, LUL XD so i made a rat trap, where new players gonna taste death at the start of gameplay ! huehuehuehuee theres nothing better than old good rpg 7.4

nvm , cipfriend op. you sure he had no cooldown to heal ? @kay ... How am i suppose to kill randoms if this guy stays here, can u remove him please ?

he though he is safe.. XD but he went in to my second trap heueuhue

Attachments

Last edited:
2k20 and you make 7.4 1x exp with 0 custom/tasks XD gl

Thank you :)
Where does it say "0 custom" though? 🤔
There's a whole article about custom changes: Tibiantis - reversed old Tibia project - discussion thread (https://otland.net/threads/tibiantis-reversed-old-tibia-project-discussion-thread.267116/)
Even this thread mentions it. So if you wanna depreciate our project, atleast try to make a valid point.

how long will the test server go?

Can't tell exactly, but the final server will start in March, so TS is gonna stay for a while yet.

If you launched a projecy few years ago it would have been a big succes. Nowadays the community is too small for such a lowrate. But I guess a good amount of core players will be fine tho

roping lootbag with old school style doesnt work like on old real tibia

The 7.4 server set-up we have all been waiting for, knowingly or not!

This recipe is the only possible way for a healthy long-term 7.4 server, yet there is more than just the recipe required to cook up a good dinner; the rules about MC and botting MUST be enforced ruthlessly, and any custom content added must be thought-out and carefully implemented. If this can be done, we may finally see what we have all been waiting for in the last 15 years.

Personally I am hopeful, based on the set-up itself and from what I have read from Kay and the team. It won't be an easy task but I want to believe you guys can do it. :)

Personal suggestions and ideas:

First of all, however hardcore it may seem to most people, I would like to see an exp-stage going down from 1x; perhaps to 0.8x at level 100, and 0.6x at level 150, or something along those lines.

Secondly, there are plenty of things simply wrong (on many levels) about RetroCores and its hoster, but there are a few things I would like to see in Tibiantis that I came to enjoy on RetroCores. The main thing for me, since I live 6666 miles from London (exact actual distance :p), is its lag-reduction. Even with 300+ ms ping I could actually run smoothly on RetroCores, something I haven’t experienced on any other server, including Tibiantis TS. I have no clue how they made that work, but I’m sure there are many people like me who would love to play at least somewhere close to lag-free even though they live outside EU.

Other things I would like to see on Tibiantis include some quality-of-life features in the client that I have seen on many other servers, such as the possibility to add an extra panel on the side for backpacks and game-windows, or an improved mini-map. I also recommend you to upload a complete (except custom content) minimap on your website.

Lasty, I would advise/remind you guys to integrate the custom content with the original, and leave hints about its existence in books and scrolls obtainable through quests/daily respawns in city libraries, and/or through conversations with NPCs. And please make the spawns equal or worse than the best already existing spawns!

Much respect and gratitude to you guys, keep up the good work and good luck on launch!

The 7.4 server set-up we have all been waiting for, knowingly or not!

This recipe is the only possible way for a healthy long-term 7.4 server, yet there is more than just the recipe required to cook up a good dinner; the rules about MC and botting MUST be enforced ruthlessly, and any custom content added must be thought-out and carefully implemented. If this can be done, we may finally see what we have all been waiting for in the last 15 years.

Personally I am hopeful, based on the set-up itself and from what I have read from Kay and the team. It won't be an easy task but I want to believe you guys can do it. :)

Personal suggestions and ideas:

First of all, however hardcore it may seem to most people, I would like to see an exp-stage going down from 1x; perhaps to 0.8x at level 100, and 0.6x at level 150, or something along those lines.

Secondly, there are plenty of things simply wrong (on many levels) about RetroCores and its hoster, but there are a few things I would like to see in Tibiantis that I came to enjoy on RetroCores. The main thing for me, since I live 6666 miles from London (exact actual distance :p), is its lag-reduction. Even with 300+ ms ping I could actually run smoothly on RetroCores, something I haven’t experienced on any other server, including Tibiantis TS. I have no clue how they made that work, but I’m sure there are many people like me who would love to play at least somewhere close to lag-free even though they live outside EU.

Other things I would like to see on Tibiantis include some quality-of-life features in the client that I have seen on many other servers, such as the possibility to add an extra panel on the side for backpacks and game-windows, or an improved mini-map. I also recommend you to upload a complete (except custom content) minimap on your website.

Lasty, I would advise/remind you guys to integrate the custom content with the original, and leave hints about its existence in books and scrolls obtainable through quests/daily respawns in city libraries, and/or through conversations with NPCs. And please make the spawns equal or worse than the best already existing spawns!

Much respect and gratitude to you guys, keep up the good work and good luck on launch!
I would make no custom on client, on 2005 you did not have 2-3 panels that makes your game easier.

You had to make sure you setup your backpackpack correctly so you can see all runes you need, or when you know what backpack to open when you are on danger.

Client should be exactly the 7.4 with the only feature of antibot.

I would make no custom on client, on 2005 you did not have 2-3 panels that makes your game easier.

You had to make sure you setup your backpackpack correctly so you can see all runes you need, or when you know what backpack to open when you are on danger.

Client should be exactly the 7.4 with the only feature of antibot.

Nah it depended on size of monitor and resolution, the change is good.

how is that on test server are 4x 300+ levels. Did admin give them levels or?

Nah it depended on size of monitor and resolution, the change is good.
Its not really oldschool feeling when you have 3 panels and 15 backpacks opened. It just makes the game so much easier

It gives more skill if you really know what are your main backpack. Maybe in a panic moment you want to open a backpack and its the incorrect one and your uhs backpack close... that old feeling is withoout panels.

Its not really oldschool feeling when you have 3 panels and 15 backpacks opened. It just makes the game so much easier

It gives more skill if you really know what are your main backpack. Maybe in a panic moment you want to open a backpack and its the incorrect one and your uhs backpack close... that old feeling is withoout panels.

Maybe im wrong but even with old client and extra panels its still possible to open 15 backpack. Thats what he was saying i think

no extra panels. extrra pannels make it alot easier.Maybe, just maybe extra left pannel that would be only for vip list/battle list/map if somebody would want to put this there, that could be fair enough.

There should be a right panel extra, makes playing easier

Initially there was an idea of reworking the exp-for-level formula. The issue is that exp needed for next level in relation to exp you needed for previous level gets smaller and smaller. With levels going to infinity, the value of such function heads to 1. But it isn't the case with skills, which use exponential function. Therefore at some point skills become irrelevant as reaching the next one takes absurdly long, while getting levels become relatively easier.
It was proposed to change it a bit. But in the same time we don't want to go too far away in changing the game. Not to mention that x1 is already considered hard by the most. So eventually we came to a conclusion that original x1 without massive farms, tasks and OP hunting spots should slow the game down to minimize the problem for long enough. I honestly even think the other factors play bigger role here than exp rate itself.

Might be wrong, but afaik it's about tricking the pre-walk mechanism? While it may let you walk a bit faster with arrow keys (dash-like), it may produce other issues, such as back-kicks, especially when getting stopped by mwalls etc. I spoke with some Brazilians who used it on Medivia client and they also reported seeing the map being rendered on the edge, because the client 'thought' their chars were further than they actually were. So it's kinda an illusion, it also won't help at all when you do any other actions, such as use, move, cast spell, or change floor. I guess it's fine as long as it's optional. But if someone wants to give more feedback about that, we'd like to hear.
Living that far from the host there's not much you can do, but optimize your connection (by some GPN for example) and maybe communication (Leatrix-like 'fixes'). But nothing will cut the distance :(

The custom content is to be highly integrated with the original lore, that was the main foundation. :)

how is that on test server are 4x 300+ levels. Did admin give them levels or?

It's admins themselves, you can easily say by looking at their nicks. In the final state of website, 'god' chars won't be included on highscores.

---
A little update on TS.

For more convinient testing, some equipement (weapons and boh) is now available for 30, 40 and 50 levels. Accessaible through teleport in Thais depot. NPC Tobias now also sells some cheap runes and rings. Sword/axe/club rings were boosted to give +15 skills.
Those above changes are only for test server!
Apart from that, some minor map-bugs were fixed and muted system was loosened. Now you should be less likely to get muted (you still may, though).

Fuck this TS, open servidor, whats the point of dating with a girl if she does not get on her knees, stop teasing us and get on ur knees
Kapish?

Status
Not open for further replies.