• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[UK][7.4] Tibiantis Test Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Website/AAC
https://tibiantis.online
Server Address
tibiantis.online
Server Port
Client Protocol
i remember i played on 1 ot where "kay" was GM there and he sold gold to other people.... dont waste your time guys :)

i remember i played on 1 ot where "kay" was GM there and he sold gold to other people.... dont waste your time guys :)
JoinedFeb 18, 2020 why you dont write from your main account?

Tibiantis test server has been up for 3 weeks already, that allowed everyone to try the real 7.4 mechanics (or what's the closest possible). Now it's time to start introducting custom changes! As we announced in the beginning of the project, we want to recreate old Tibia, but not without tweaking certain things.

We have just applied a lil update on TS. That includes armors and druid rebalancing, changes in travelling, respawn timer and a few other minor things.

Everything was listed and explained in this post: Tibiantis - reversed old Tibia project - discussion thread (https://otland.net/threads/tibiantis-reversed-old-tibia-project-discussion-thread.267116/page-32#post-2595465)

Apart from those changes, for testing convinience we reseted quest values at NPC Tobias, so he will give cash to every character again (in accordance to its level, as before). He will teach every druid new spells, and from now you can also get free blessings and aol. Simply ask him about 'cash', 'spells', 'blessings' and 'amulet of loss'.

Soon more info, feel free to share your thoughts in the meantime.
And of course, should you find any bugs, please report them to us :)

Last edited:
I really hope that you just don't remove quest - but rather make them harder to complete. I play Tibia only for the RPG and my MAIN goal to motivate myself to exp my character is for quests. I always look forward to the next expedition so I hope you focus alot on quests. :)

BTW: I know you said you don't want shared exp. But Tibia has always been boring to exp, that's why me and some others like to enhance team play, such as teamhunts. An EK blocking and 2 RP shooting etc and all share exp. To utilize the team optimally.

Please let us know when release date :eek:

I really hope that you just don't remove quest - but rather make them harder to complete. I play Tibia only for the RPG and my MAIN goal to motivate myself to exp my character is for quests. I always look forward to the next expedition so I hope you focus alot on quests. :)

And what do you do with those rewards from quests you motivate yourself for? In 95% cases they land at Djinn, and that's it.
The issue is not within quests difficulty but huge supply of certain items and therefore their devaluation. For the economy it would be much healthier even if you were rewarded straight with cash rather than items you're gonna sell.

I would like to buy some shares on stock exchange, but can't find Tibiantis nor NeedleSoft 😓

And what do you do with those rewards from quests you motivate yourself for? In 95% cases they land at Djinn, and that's it.
The issue is not within quests difficulty but huge supply of certain items and therefore their devaluation. For the economy it would be much healthier even if you were rewarded straight with cash rather than items you're gonna sell.
Hey, you are right. I don't do the quests necessarily for the item itself, but rather for the fun (playing with your friends) and for the money. So yeah you could change the reward for cash or something that is worth doing it for. I mean if you won't encourage team-exp, and you will remove alot of quests, what is there left to do with your friends? Might aswell be offline game. Me and many others play nowadays to play with your friends and enjoy the game together, not to sit in a cave solo exping and logoff all the time.

Hey, you are right. I don't do the quests necessarily for the item itself, but rather for the fun (playing with your friends) and for the money. So yeah you could change the reward for cash or something that is worth doing it for. I mean if you won't encourage team-exp, and you will remove alot of quests, what is there left to do with your friends? Might aswell be offline game. Me and many others play nowadays to play with your friends and enjoy the game together, not to sit in a cave solo exping and logoff all the time.

But the change in quests is actually done to encourage more team-play, as you will have to team-hunt in order to get better items rather than just run a quest. Please, read that post for the reasoning: Tibiantis - reversed old Tibia project - discussion thread (https://otland.net/threads/tibiantis-reversed-old-tibia-project-discussion-thread.267116/page-32#post-2595465)

Is there any chance the server is not going to launch anytime soon to avoid the spread of the Corona virus? I am starting to get really worried.

I think you´re about to ruin the Oldschool by doing those changes. I see no logic behind increasing some item values as you posted on the main thread. Nor do I see any logic behind increasing the toughness of some quests etc. I mean, it's 1x, You don´t have to put time on changing the current quests, instead, put time on creating new content, and there you can do whatever you want.

But the change in quests is actually done to encourage more team-play, as you will have to team-hunt in order to get better items rather than just run a quest. Please, read that post for the reasoning: Tibiantis - reversed old Tibia project - discussion thread (https://otland.net/threads/tibiantis-reversed-old-tibia-project-discussion-thread.267116/page-32#post-2595465)
Kay. If I teamhunt with a friend in order to get an item - I have to pay him 50% of the item's worth if we loot it. + We use sups to hunt. Then I can just buy the item on trade, so for that reason it iwll definetily NOT be worth my friends time to team hunt an item like that xD As soon as the item reach the market, then it won't be worth hunting the monster in order to get the item, just buy it. My friends won't hunt with shit exp just because I won't just by my own item. You will force people to just solo grind until they get tired of it and quit if you do everything this way. Team play is important nowadays and it's not worth team hunting with normal 7.4 settings - bad exp + bad profit mostly. Just waste of time. Atleast make it as good as solo exping, exp wise and ppl can still enjoy playing together.
Post automatically merged:

I think you´re about to ruin the Oldschool by doing those changes. I see no logic behind increasing some item values as you posted on the main thread. Nor do I see any logic behind increasing the toughness of some quests etc. I mean, it's 1x, You don´t have to put time on changing the current quests, instead, put time on creating new content, and there you can do whatever you want.
I have to agree. Make new content and do whatever you want there.

Kay. If I teamhunt with a friend in order to get an item - I have to pay him 50% of the item's worth if we loot it. + We use sups to hunt. Then I can just buy the item on trade, so for that reason it iwll definetily NOT be worth my friends time to team hunt an item like that xD As soon as the item reach the market, then it won't be worth hunting the monster in order to get the item, just buy it. My friends won't hunt with shit exp just because I won't just by my own item. You will force people to just solo grind until they get tired of it and quit if you do everything this way. Team play is important nowadays and it's not worth team hunting with normal 7.4 settings - bad exp + bad profit mostly. Just waste of time. Atleast make it as good as solo exping, exp wise and ppl can still enjoy playing together.

There's one big flaw in your reasoning though. If no one hunts those monsters - you won't see any of their loot on the market. Who will you buy the item from, then?
When supply is low, the prices will be higher, and that's what you can profit from (either by looting instead of buying for high price, or by looting and selling for high price).

The logic behind is all explained in our discussion thread. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask :)
They are actually meant to make the gameplay closer to the oldschool, in a way tibia's economy once worked. Today it's not going to work on 1:1 replica, because of general awerness, knowledge and modern play-style, which is way different. No 1x 7.4 OT without any changes would have items values anywhere close to what they were worth back in the days. On every OT server they were worth shit and sold only to djinns (dead economy), there's nothing 'oldschool' about it.
Also, those changes were all announced since the very beginning months ago.
Have a look at first post, there's a whole article about custom changes and the explanation of why they are more oldschool than you think: Tibiantis - reversed old Tibia project - discussion thread (https://otland.net/threads/tibiantis-reversed-old-tibia-project-discussion-thread.267116/#post-2579296)

Last edited:
you´re about to ruin the Oldschool by doing those changes. I see no logic behind increasing some item values as you posted on the main thread. Nor do I see any logic behind increasing the toughness of some quests
Those changes will enhance old school gameplay like kay explained in his original post.

Before ppl found out about bright sword quest, fire swords were one of the most popular items on trade. Guess how many were sold afterwards?
You don't even have to kill anything hard to get it. Just get level 45. "Free items"

Quest items used to be unique on a server. There was only a single pair of demon legs, which gave them a legendary status. Being worth their value in damage reduction or not, there is a charm to it. I think Tibiantis may be going for something similar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.