• Vote in November Mapping Competition to select a winner!
  • There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[UK][7.4] Tibiantis Test Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Website/AAC
https://tibiantis.online
Server Address
tibiantis.online
Server Port
7171
Client Protocol
7.4

Sevroy

Banned User
Joined
Dec 28, 2018
Messages
234
Reaction score
64
There should be a lottery to get a bright sword with prizes, say 25% chance you get it and 75% chance you don't.
 

Olddies

Advanced OT User
Joined
Nov 21, 2009
Messages
1,085
Solutions
10
Reaction score
235
Location
Rep.Dom
This server should start soon it will have a wonderfully start with the corona virus 🦠
 

Recreant

Veteran OT User
Joined
Dec 16, 2017
Messages
347
Reaction score
266
This server should start soon it will have a wonderfully start with the corona virus 🦠

why are ppl panicking with corona unless ur a boomer 55+ years of age or you already have cancer/hiv/other serious diseases which is a matter of time till you die, other than that it literally does the same shit as a common cold, with the exception that your immune system takes a long time to develop actual immunity vs corona and u can get infected again within a short time period
 
Last edited:

Olddies

Advanced OT User
Joined
Nov 21, 2009
Messages
1,085
Solutions
10
Reaction score
235
Location
Rep.Dom
why are ppl panicking with corona unless ur a boomer 55+ years of age or you already have cancer/hiv/other serious diseases which is a matter of time till you die, other than that it literally does the same shit as a common cold
Lets see within the day im 29 i go to gym and here in barcelona are alot of young people infected really bad
 

lkkklkll

Active Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2016
Messages
51
Reaction score
25
why are ppl panicking with corona unless ur a boomer 55+ years of age or you already have cancer/hiv/other serious diseases which is a matter of time till you die, other than that it literally does the same shit as a common cold
u can still spread it to people that are actually at risk u genius
 

rlx

Active Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2019
Messages
97
Solutions
1
Reaction score
38
Still doesnt justify the general population's panic and buying out rice/pasta/canned food/toilet paper in every nearby store as if a fking war was coming lol
They buy it because of images and report spreading all over the internet so they feel the urge to not stay without the supplies if anything happens. And also, more reasonable, is the thing to buy more at once to limit the amount of time spent in crowded shops, where the chance of being infected is high.
 

Brazolek123

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2013
Messages
236
Reaction score
95
How about Tibiantis h-rate test server?

edit: nvm, was sure the current test server is a low-rate one
 

Rollern

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2010
Messages
272
Reaction score
53
There's one big flaw in your reasoning though. If no one hunts those monsters - you won't see any of their loot on the market. Who will you buy the item from, then?
When supply is low, the prices will be higher, and that's what you can profit from (either by looting instead of buying for high price, or by looting and selling for high price).


The logic behind is all explained in our discussion thread. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask :)
They are actually meant to make the gameplay closer to the oldschool, in a way tibia's economy once worked. Today it's not going to work on 1:1 replica, because of general awerness, knowledge and modern play-style, which is way different. No 1x 7.4 OT without any changes would have items values anywhere close to what they were worth back in the days. On every OT server they were worth shit and sold only to djinns (dead economy), there's nothing 'oldschool' about it.
Also, those changes were all announced since the very beginning months ago.
Have a look at first post, there's a whole article about custom changes and the explanation of why they are more oldschool than you think: Tibiantis - reversed old Tibia project - discussion thread (https://otland.net/threads/tibiantis-reversed-old-tibia-project-discussion-thread.267116/#post-2579296)
I will then buy it from players that hunt the monsters easily (high levels) and sell it frequently of course? I'm not planning to be leading player on server. Anyway. I really think that you will add alot of quests for players to gather items or atleast money, stuff to sell etc. Like paradox quest and stuff like that. I just love questing that's why I play 😍 And team hunt :p
 

iNux

Active Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2019
Messages
62
Reaction score
38
Those changes will enhance old school gameplay like kay explained in his original post.

Before ppl found out about bright sword quest, fire swords were one of the most popular items on trade. Guess how many were sold afterwards?
You don't even have to kill anything hard to get it. Just get level 45. "Free items"

Quest items used to be unique on a server. There was only a single pair of demon legs, which gave them a legendary status. Being worth their value in damage reduction or not, there is a charm to it. I think Tibiantis may be going for something similar.

I understand your point, it might be true that increasing the toughness of the "free items" quests would be nessecery to balance the economy, making the game last longer. But even though he would implement these changes it wouldn´t matter, would it? Maybe 5% of the economy? Nowadays we know how players are going to level really fast, we will probably see rune makers everywhere mages leveling like crazy using GFBS etc.

Anyway, I don´t see the logic behind increasing the value of some items, why would @kay increase armor of some items or defense of some shields?

I'm really seeing forward to the results of Kay´s plans. This server is truly a masterpiece, I tested it and was amazed by how accurate everything was. Even the smallest details people have forgotten about.
 
OP
kay

kay

Excellent OT User
Joined
Apr 23, 2013
Messages
670
Solutions
4
Reaction score
808
Location
32316,31942,7
I understand your point, it might be true that increasing the toughness of the "free items" quests would be nessecery to balance the economy, making the game last longer. But even though he would implement these changes it wouldn´t matter, would it? Maybe 5% of the economy? Nowadays we know how players are going to level really fast, we will probably see rune makers everywhere mages leveling like crazy using GFBS etc.

5%? The supply of many items comes from quests in probably 95%. Don't you wonder why after Cip introduced all those quests in 7.2 only a few months later they were already adding Djinns (traders)?

Anyway, I don´t see the logic behind increasing the value of some items, why would @kay increase armor of some items or defense of some shields?

We didn't increase def of any shields. Def scales quite ok, the only problem is all those shields being free (there are 7 shields with def 32-35 to be taken from quests). But armor is linear and at some point becomes completly irrelevant, so in modern "7.4" nobody cares about it. It's only a junk to be sold to NPC. Where back in the days everyone wanted to have a better set and you could easily trade it with players.
 

Rollern

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2010
Messages
272
Reaction score
53
5%? The supply of many items comes from quests in probably 95%. Don't you wonder why after Cip introduced all those quests in 7.2 only a few months later they were already adding Djinns (traders)?



We didn't increase def of any shields. Def scales quite ok, the only problem is all those shields being free (there are 7 shields with def 32-35 to be taken from quests). But armor is linear and at some point becomes completly irrelevant, so in modern "7.4" nobody cares about it. It's only a junk to be sold to NPC. Where back in the days everyone wanted to have a better set and you could easily trade it with players.
Just remove quest EQ rewards with cash and other non-EQ, sellable items of same worth and problem solved.
 

Galruk

Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2011
Messages
80
Reaction score
18
@kay But can we get an actual estimate on when the server is going to launch? I think everyone would appreciate it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top