• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Unity3D client?

You would like Unity3D client?

• Yes

Votes: 57 93.4%
  • Nope

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any updates on this? It should be getting close? :)

Any updates on this? It should be getting close? :)

@Fenrisus wanted you guys to know that the project is active and he is working hard on it. He is doing a lot of other development too so that's why he doesn't have time to check the thread. He also said that it will come soon.
By the way, the project completed 1 year of development a few days ago, something that is very hard to pull off alone. If you guys appreciate the work he is doing, please consider supporting him on patreon.

Here are some official updates directly from the developer (Fenrisus).

We are sorry for the delay, here are some updates.

A better way was found to implent scripts, OTClient uses LUA which is overloaded. This is why this client will be using C# Directly, which will be much better. See the example below

https://i.imgur.com/gIY72IL.png

Yes it looks like OTUI & LUA modules but this was made with C# with some architecture changes.

ie. Making modules now is much more simpler than before, it is also more flexible.

Modules - initialize scripts, scripts attaches to UIWidget class of NGUI

Currently working on removing useless rudimentary from OTUI/OTClient modules that were adapted for Unity.

The client works and is playable, but before the release, more optimizations are needed.

I thought that cloning 1:1 OTUI & Lua modules would be a great idea at first, but after doing that and getting it to work 100%, I tested it and figured out this was a bad idea for this project. That is where there were delays.

I dont want to release a project that has issues, because this may cause a whole cascade of problems because people would be basing their servers on that client.

Just like OTClient, 80% of the issues are caused by bad-planned client architecture at start. And that is what we are trying to avoid.

As a developer this is very important, normal people may not understand this and may want to rush to the release, but trust me, this is not how it should be.

In case of Tibia Unity Client - Using OTUI & LUA modules as it is from OTClient, will dramatically reduce client perfomance and will decrease our client potential itself. It will also create additional issues like LUA support on Web ver. of the client...

Now think with me, if we take LUA/OTUI/OTMOD basic ideas, but instead, just do them completly with C#, and with unity features?

This will the best option, because it will be simple as OTClient modules & lua, but with no perfomance or other issues. Hopefully zero issues.

Development can be found here:

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Nope, you can join the Open Tibia discord, there is a channel to follow the development of some projects. This project is there and there is no news.

Update:

working on part of SDK protection things, API and etc.
There will be early access soon as possible, if you want to take a part, join the discord server for latest updates
Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

currently working on client & SDK protection things, because on C# isnt easy, its too weak for reverse engineering, and it should be as secure as possible

Thanks for the update.

Any eta on a first release?

1 month-ish? 3 month-ish? 4 years-ish? :)

Oh, nice someone here is interested in Unity#~~

~~ Firstly:

Don't forget:
1- A player should be able to choose whether antialasing is allowed or not (multisampling - since using unity you will benefit from cross-platform libs, aka glut or we unity uses)
2- as for above, a player should also be able to choose if (v-sync) is allowed or not (limiting FPS to 60 on most cases)

~~ Secondly:
Before getting yourself involved in graphics programming, i guess you should have known what is CI/CD is?
I don't think a person(or a team of non-active development members) can work alone on this while there is the whole community, you don't have to spend years while you can spend a few months without having tons of bugs.

^ This means if you are willing already to share this project, then open a GIT repo allowing others to contribute or learn from it.

~~Thirdly
I am glad to see the progress being done, keep it up guys <<3

Back