• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Update to which tfs version and why?

Exoltes

Novia OTserv Developer
Reaction score
I'm currently using tfs 0.2.7 and I'm finding that it contains quite some bugs and has a couple problems which can only be fixed by rewriting code with c++.
Seeing as I have no current knowlegd of c++ and not seeing myself to have knowledge of this any time soon, I'm wondering to which version I should update my server.
Preferable I would love to know the pros and cons of the versions you suggest.

Currently I'm running client version 8.54 but I'm also considering updating to version 8.6

Since it will be a lot of work to update my server to another version of tfs and client I'm considering this quite hardly :) So I would love to find the right version at once.

Any advince is welcome.

I would recomend 0.3.6 or 0.4 for 8.60

You could also try TFS 1.2 with 8.60 but you will die from all the c++ editing so i would go with 0.4 rev 3884

I should also point out that it is very important for me that I can assign all outfits by quests since this has a serious impact on my game play and is one of the reasons I'm planning to change version.

I should also point out that it is very important for me that I can assign all outfits by quests since this has a serious impact on my game play and is one of the reasons I'm planning to change version.
This should be possible with either versions @Tarek1337 has mentioned^^

TFS 0.3.6/0.4 has alot of options with outfits.
For example.
Code:
<outfit id="1" quest="1091">
   <list gender="0" lookType="136" name="Citizen"/>
   <list gender="1" lookType="128" name="Citizen"/>
</outfit>
This means people need to have storage 1091 with value 1 to have the outfit.
You can also do a specific value with storageId and storageValue.
Or use default="0", this way the outfit needs to be added with doPlayerAddOutfit or doPlayerAddOutfitId for people to have it.
And you can use all kinds of bonuses, which you can find in outfit.cpp.

Back