• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] [7.4] Dura - A Harder Tibia | Massively Customized | New Meta | Long Term | Regular Updates | Never Reset | For Skilled Players

Server Website/AAC
https://dura-online.com/
Server Address
dura-online.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
PS.I will suggest adding an EU server when the Beta phase ends.

The GMs constantly make mistakes which leaves items of power and/or significance in players hands and sometimes the players get punished or are scared of punishment of the GMs mistake and sometimes the players get away with it which is bad for the health of the server.

Ping from EU isn't that bad.
Do you think that opening EU server is going to change Staff? Do they miraculously get out of bed on the "right" side and change their bad behaviour towards changes etc?
Let people explore nearly whole content, GM fix the problem with players/mechanics and then i think it is time for EU server, it isn't good time to open it right now

most of our manual checking is done entirely while invisible and without speaking to the player
done entirely while invisible and without speaking to the player
while invisible and without speaking to the player
while invisible
without speaking to the player

View attachment 56784

@dutchie1 Mate they have psychic GMs that can check if a player is at the keyboard without interacting with them.

Just to lay it out clearly:

And given that I updated my post to reflect they had unbanned me, the fact they have the temerity to call me slanderous is just peachy. And I think the thing that really riles me, is they all talk in this political/HR-tone. It's condescending and rude. Their GMs don't even know how to answer Rule Violation reports - they send you a PM instead - because they don't know what they're doing.

When I pointed out you could leave somebody stuck in a hole for an entire server save, they told me to 'expect it, buy magic rope, have friends, or level another character'. This idea of it being dangerous is so, so very stupid. There are other ways to use furniture to trap that requires player input - the old way used to be using field runes on top of furniture to prevent a push. But they think that being able to randomly trap people in a stuck state, because they made a change to the way the game works with literally no reason to suspect it, they have been clever and made it 'hard'.

They think they're making informed and intelligent decisions, but they're just changing random stuff to 'make the game harder', without a real reflection on it. They stopped bed regen to stop people bed mageing for runes, which was a great anti-bot feature. They increased costs of boats and carpets, adding little more than extra inconvenience. They just make random choices, pat themselves on the back, and think that if they use enough 'professional guff' in the way they type, they'll suddenly be good at this.

Bad server. Bad staff. Awful ownership. A confused and idiotic server with little more than 9 months of shelf life. I feel bad for the players putting the time in, they'll just get screwed over when the fickle staff make another dense punitive decision to sanction players arbitrarily.

Why would you assume that the only way to interact with a player in order to determine if they're using a bot is by typing a message to them? I suggest you study your nice graph there a bit more. There are many ways to determine if a player is botting outside of messaging the player. I see some people complaining that are making imo reasonable arguments a lot of the time, but that tsunami of emotion and sarcasm aint doing your arguments any favors.

Why would you assume that the only way to interact with a player in order to determine if they're using a bot is by typing a message to them? I suggest you study your nice graph there a bit more. There are many ways to determine if a player is botting outside of messaging the player. I see some people complaining that are making imo reasonable arguments a lot of the time, but that tsunami of emotion and sarcasm aint doing your arguments any favors.
I've seen the video of Hiro banning someone because they didn't respond within 2 seconds. It sounds like the staff make ill informed, speciously reasoned bans. And now, one of the owners comes in here, and says they don't even try to interact with the player before banning them? Christ, you'd be a mug to invest time into this server. They're ban happy fools.

Without revealing too much information about how we can bot-check without being visible or speaking to a player, here are a few examples of very well known methods used by many servers both past and current:

1.) Force-decrease the players health, observe if they instantly heal, repeat to establish a pattern
2.) Force-increase the players mana, observe if they instantly use a spell, repeat to establish a pattern
3.) Temporarily modify the players surroundings to see how they interact with their new reality

I won't detail this any further because a sufficiently sophisticated bot could negate the effectiveness of individual methods, which is also why generally speaking multiple methods of checking are used and all ban evidence is recorded (usually video) for review if necessary.
If somebody believes they have been banned unfairly, we are always happy to review the evidence compiled by the GM.

Last edited:
Without revealing too much information about how we can bot-check without being visible or speaking to a player, here are a few examples of very well known methods used by many servers both past and current:

1.) Force-reduce the players health to very-low, observe if they instantly heal, repeat to establish a pattern
2.) Force-increase the players mana to full, observe if they instantly use a spell, repeat to establish a pattern
3.) Temporarily modify the players surroundings to see how they interact with their new reality

I won't detail this any further because a sufficiently sophisticated bot could negate the effectiveness of individual methods, which is also why generally speaking multiple methods of checking are used and all ban evidence is recorded (usually video) for review if necessary.
If somebody believes they have been banned unfairly, we are always happy to review the evidence compiled by the GM.
Dura - where danger lurks around every corner, including casting spells and healing yourself.

So you don't actually check if there's a player playing, you just screw with them and measure the time frame for their response to figure out if they're cheating? On an OT, that prides itself on traps and danger. That technique also works best when you adequately distract them, by getting them to type something to you. It sounds like you guys detect bots off of psychic voodoo and guess work, and seeing the number of bans that go out each day... Wonder how many people have been banned for playing the game or healing at the wrong time.

I really like the server, I don't think I've ever seen such dedicated owners and helpful community. You can seriously ask anyone for help.

If you ever wanted an example of the extent their staff are willing to go to try and cover up their ineptitudes:

They posted this the day after I posted about being banned. Would you care to sink any lower?

If you ever wanted an example of the extent their staff are willing to go to try and cover up their ineptitudes:

They posted this the day after I posted about being banned. Would you care to sink any lower?
Dura has publicly accessible open house discord voice channel sessions on a regular basis in which everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for as long as they need, all of which receive responses audible to all listening (including if anyone wants to interject at any point), publicly accessible forums where they're constantly lambasted by a select few, and they obviously continuously work to make sure that everyone's concerns are addressed. I can tell you from a wealth of experience that Dura is exceptionally transparent and voluntarily exposed for an indie project, and to me it appears that, at this point, rather than attempting to warn others of some devious pitfalls which you have valiantly unearthed, you're simply trying to do as much damage to Dura as you can.

Dura has publicly accessible open house discord voice channel sessions on a regular basis in which everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for as long as they need, all of which receive responses audible to all listening (including if anyone wants to interject at any point), publicly accessible forums where they're constantly lambasted by a select few, and they obviously continuously work to make sure that everyone's concerns are addressed. I can tell you from a wealth of experience that Dura is exceptionally transparent and voluntarily exposed for an indie project, and to me it appears that, at this point, rather than attempting to warn others of some devious pitfalls which you have valiantly unearthed, you're simply trying to do as much damage to Dura as you can.
So which staff member are you?

I got ban which i raported, because many stuff i got from mainland and transported to rookgaard. After all i raported i gave all items back for Aris. He even gave me poison dagger like a reward but, after one hour he wanted poison dagger too back.

View attachment 54372GM Sraris cancell my perma ban for one day. After 2h playing GM tenzhiro gave me Perm ban again.

View attachment 54373

First they give items and later then take XDDD, they banned me and unban. In the end they ban again because one of GM disagree with GM Aris. I do not recommend corrupted ots.

Post automatically merged:

View attachment 54374
lol is this shit true? was just scrolling through the thread, did you stay banned?

The only problem I've encountered so far is random power abusing from members of the Iron company, which will be really damaging for the server in the long term. I think the leaders need to have a talk to it's members if they want people to stay.

How is this the beta? Nonetheless I think the EU server would be an instant success and frankly reading about the server it seems they could use a fresh start.

Power absuing by Br people on randoms or streamers, admin who received real threats by them (propably doxxing or more) still do everything br people write and want
Not corrupted ofc
But people think EU edition won't be corrupted haha
also on the beginning of the dura as i wrote earlier there was a racism problem, now you see discord that s full of racist br toward everybody because GM won't punish them
This server is a pure joke

Just go into their discord and see the whiteknights haha, pure comedy to laugh to be honest

Last edited by a moderator:
This server is a joke. The staff are corrupt as hell. They abuse those not in their internal circle, and reward those within that circle.

They appear to also leverage internal server information for their gain - it has yet to be determined whether that gain is monetary or not, but regardless, they are going to be liable for a crap-load of lawsuits if they mess with the wrong person.

If you ever want to join a server with a record of corruption, unfairness, and lack of security of your personal data...well this one is as worst as you can get, unfortunately. And bugs galore with their client and server config.