• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA][Custom] ArchlightOnline - Legacy - Coming May 13th 2022

Server Website/AAC
https://legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Address
legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
"Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder" kind of sums up this OT for me. A lot of people don't care about the challenges that lie ahead in Ramparts and other unsolved quests and areas, but @Xemos and myself do.

The OT is far from perfect, and a lot of mistakes have been made. However, it's far from the worse OT I've played and when you look at other OTs with donation shops like Noxious OT, it makes you wonder why players are harping over this very cheap and affordable Cash Shop, in which you can get better gear than the donation sets from Ramparts. The issue is, we don't have enough level 300+ players to complete Ramparts Part 2 which is when we'd begin to see the high, high tier gear that beats out the donor shop gear.

In addition, one thing I must say is that this server has seen so many fixes, improvements, updates, and additional content in the week that it's been online that even though there ARE balance issues, and other issues such as how (almost) impossible it is to level effectively playing solo, that the server is still quite good.

We're getting additional content today for level 300+s, and if members like @Flatlander weren't so obsessed with trying to harass and annoy members of Resurrected (simply because we're the highest on the server), then maybe we could have a group of players that work together to complete Enflamed Lord. Complete Ramparts Part 2. Completely demolish all of the dungeons like we have been. Hell, and even take on Ramparts part 3. But we can't do that with just 1 bard, archer, and guardian above level 350.

We need players to work together, start buying your donation pieces for Dungeon Medals like I've seen a lot of people do, and get parties together to level up the level 100-250s so they can finally get into the 300s and complete content that was in the game from day 1 (Ramparts part 2 and 3).

"Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder" kind of sums up this OT for me. A lot of people don't care about the challenges that lie ahead in Ramparts and other unsolved quests and areas, but @Xemos and myself do.

The OT is far from perfect, and a lot of mistakes have been made. However, it's far from the worse OT I've played and when you look at other OTs with donation shops like Noxious OT, it makes you wonder why players are harping over this very cheap and affordable Cash Shop, in which you can get better gear than the donation sets from Ramparts. The issue is, we don't have enough level 300+ players to complete Ramparts Part 2 which is when we'd begin to see the high, high tier gear that beats out the donor shop gear.

In addition, one thing I must say is that this server has seen so many fixes, improvements, updates, and additional content in the week that it's been online that even though there ARE balance issues, and other issues such as how (almost) impossible it is to level effectively playing solo, that the server is still quite good.

We're getting additional content today for level 300+s, and if members like @Flatlander weren't so obsessed with trying to harass and annoy members of Resurrected (simply because we're the highest on the server), then maybe we could have a group of players that work together to complete Enflamed Lord. Complete Ramparts Part 2. Completely demolish all of the dungeons like we have been. Hell, and even take on Ramparts part 3. But we can't do that with just 1 bard, archer, and guardian above level 350.

We need players to work together, start buying your donation pieces for Dungeon Medals like I've seen a lot of people do, and get parties together to level up the level 100-250s so they can finally get into the 300s and complete content that was in the game from day 1 (Ramparts part 2 and 3).

Gear from the Heroes Grave which is being added today is stronger than donor gear.

Love seeing a post like this, thank you very much. We have been working non stop to make more content, fix any problems, and try and balance out the donation system as well as possible.

I have the most fun on tibia when I am PvPing. So I make it a point to make enemies as soon as possible (expecially of anyone higher level than me, because fighting lower levels is no fun and just power abuse).

Hopefully more players will start getting into the higher levels, and there can be more PvP Opportunities.
I don't mind helping lower-level players level up, but I have found that once you have been nice to people, they don't want to fight you. So it is best to just be a dick to everyone, if you want to help people make a 2nd character that is the "good guy".

This is just how I play games, it is an RPG server, just view us as the Bandit, Murderer, Law Breaking, Assholes that need to be stopped.

I have the most fun on tibia when I am PvPing. So I make it a point to make enemies as soon as possible (expecially of anyone higher level than me, because fighting lower levels is no fun and just power abuse).

Hopefully more players will start getting into the higher levels, and there can be more PvP Opportunities.
I don't mind helping lower-level players level up, but I have found that once you have been nice to people, they don't want to fight you. So it is best to just be a dick to everyone, if you want to help people make a 2nd character that is the "good guy".

This is just how I play games, it is an RPG server, just view us as the Bandit, Murderer, Law Breaking, Assholes that need to be stopped.

We are debating making it so from pking people within your level range you can earn archlight tokens and/or at certain tiers of kills dungeon medals. What do you guys think of this?

and other issues such as how (almost) impossible it is to level effectively playing solo

This is the main issue I have with the server right now, there's no point of exping solo so you have to be online when there's a big teamhunt goin on to keep up. On a normal server, I could just log on and exp casually whenever I feel like it instead of having to gather a big ass team everytime I would like to get some exp.

But it's great seeing sir knighter adding so much to the server, I jush wish the experience share problem would be addressed.

Last edited:
We are addressing this at the moment. We made the system the way we did as we wanted to encourage team hunting, we wanted to encourage community and a way to make friendships. However we understand this is starting to leave out the players who wish to just hunt solo.

We have thought of a way to reward the solo player and will be making this system this weekend.

Thank you <3

This is the main issue I have with the server right now, there's no point of exping solo so you have to be online when there's a big teamhunt goin on to keep up. On a normal server, I could just log on and exp casually whenever I feel like it instead of having to gather a big ass team everytime I would like to get some exp.

But it's great seeing sir knighter adding so much to the server, I jush wish the experience share problem would be addressed.

restart.

Mages are being so babysitted right now what's up with that? Look at the updates and how powerful mages have become now.

Yeah of course is funny to you because you are a donor. Anyway the affordable cash shop might be for you, not for all. You talk about doing ramparts 2 and more dugs. I dont know but i get bored of hunting in the SAME place with team hunt.
And tell me.. How many quest can you see in this server, 3? Apart of that... If you are lvl 350+ its because you NON stop PLAY this server. I mean the people who want to have a bit of fun cant level like you do or they cant just because the solo hunt is not worth. So your talking about gear better than donor one. They added that gear because the non dono complained but wait, how many time you think non donors need to get at least 350+ and got get bored before donor player pissed em all? And still the fish system is a BIT better not at all. Its annoying having fishing running and blocking around you. ATM I quited and still asked for gm to do bards buff to scale with ml cause in high tier buffs wont make that difference (I mean regeneration)

restart.

Mages are being so babysitted right now what's up with that? Look at the updates and how powerful mages have become now.

Mages have not become "powerful". They've become balanced and able to survive, as well as some FIXES to ridiculous cooldowns (which, Bards still have some downright silly cooldown sharing going on, but I'll talk to Knighter about that at a later date when he has time -- especially since Bards and mages are in a decent place now).

Just because mages as of late got a lot of updates doesn't mean they became powerful. They became fixed in a lot of areas, and it was necessary.

Yeah of course is funny to you because you are a donor. Anyway the affordable cash shop might be for you, not for all. You talk about doing ramparts 2 and more dugs. I dont know but i get bored of hunting in the SAME place with team hunt.
And tell me.. How many quest can you see in this server, 3? Apart of that... If you are lvl 350+ its because you NON stop PLAY this server. I mean the people who want to have a bit of fun cant level like you do or they cant just because the solo hunt is not worth. So your talking about gear better than donor one. They added that gear because the non dono complained but wait, how many time you think non donors need to get at least 350+ and got get bored before donor player pissed em all? And still the fish system is a BIT better not at all. Its annoying having fishing running and blocking around you. ATM I quited and still asked for gm to do bards buff to scale with ml cause in high tier buffs wont make that difference (I mean regeneration)

I have seen tons of quests in Behemoths, Drakens, Deeplings, Dragons, and other hidden areas that have exp potions, skill potions, among others. Most people dont hunt in a lot of the spawns like Behemoths, or Retching Demons, or etc because they stick to what's familiar (Dragon Lords, Hydras, Wyrms, etc). There are is even a quest in the level 200 demon area that be done with 2-3 players.

I have Donor set because it's my choice to spend money. Cerberus, who hasn't spent a single dollar on this server and is a lower level than me out-damages my archer (BEFORE my promotion I just got). He has the tier gear that you buy from Sophia, which is just a couple notches down from what you get with Donor Shop. On top of that, a lot of players are selling Donor Gear for (RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP PRICES) 3 dungeon medals, when I can get like 6-8 a day. So, no excuses there either. Most people are just too lazy to put in the work necessary to get things done, because until last night I ran around with a knight armor and knight legs on my archer, and I only got the donor crossbow yesterday morning. That means the 2 days it took me to get to level 312 I was running around in gear that is less than even Princess Sophia gear and yet I still managed to get level 312 with EASE before buying a single piece of donor archer gear.

"If Sophia Gear is so good why not buy it for your archer?" Because 1, I don't care about throwing money to support the server. And 2, because I'd rather spend my tokens on EXP Scrolls than on Gear. Because I realize that me leveling quickly, in the short term, is far more important than getting Princess Sophia gear.

A lot of players dont use strategy on how to level up when playing this server. Playing it takes strategy and knowing your own strengths and weaknesses. It also takes making friends with enough people that when it DOES come time to level, you can get a party together and hunt to get quick levels.

I've been speaking to Knigher today with the issues that plague both solo play and the Berserker class, and he's said that he's going to be taking a look at both. The server is far from perfect, but it's also not as bad as a lot of these complaints make it out to be. The fact that someone who is a lower level than me could outdmg me in my full donator archer gear (Outdamage AND Out DPS), shows that the Donator gear isn't all that hyped it's made to be. OH, ANDDDDDDD there's the fact that you can get gear that's BETTER than the Donor Gear.

Mages have not become "powerful". They've become balanced and able to survive, as well as some FIXES to ridiculous cooldowns (which, Bards still have some downright silly cooldown sharing going on, but I'll talk to Knighter about that at a later date when he has time -- especially since Bards and mages are in a decent place now).

Just because mages as of late got a lot of updates doesn't mean they became powerful. They became fixed in a lot of areas, and it was necessary.

I have seen tons of quests in Behemoths, Drakens, Deeplings, Dragons, and other hidden areas that have exp potions, skill potions, among others. Most people dont hunt in a lot of the spawns like Behemoths, or Retching Demons, or etc because they stick to what's familiar (Dragon Lords, Hydras, Wyrms, etc). There are is even a quest in the level 200 demon area that be done with 2-3 players.

I have Donor set because it's my choice to spend money. Cerberus, who hasn't spent a single dollar on this server and is a lower level than me out-damages my archer (BEFORE my promotion I just got). He has the tier gear that you buy from Sophia, which is just a couple notches down from what you get with Donor Shop. On top of that, a lot of players are selling Donor Gear for (RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP PRICES) 3 dungeon medals, when I can get like 6-8 a day. So, no excuses there either. Most people are just too lazy to put in the work necessary to get things done, because until last night I ran around with a knight armor and knight legs on my archer, and I only got the donor crossbow yesterday morning. That means the 2 days it took me to get to level 312 I was running around in gear that is less than even Princess Sophia gear and yet I still managed to get level 312 with EASE before buying a single piece of donor archer gear.

"If Sophia Gear is so good why not buy it for your archer?" Because 1, I don't care about throwing money to support the server. And 2, because I'd rather spend my tokens on EXP Scrolls than on Gear. Because I realize that me leveling quickly, in the short term, is far more important than getting Princess Sophia gear.

A lot of players dont use strategy on how to level up when playing this server. Playing it takes strategy and knowing your own strengths and weaknesses. It also takes making friends with enough people that when it DOES come time to level, you can get a party together and hunt to get quick levels.

I've been speaking to Knigher today with the issues that plague both solo play and the Berserker class, and he's said that he's going to be taking a look at both. The server is far from perfect, but it's also not as bad as a lot of these complaints make it out to be. The fact that someone who is a lower level than me could outdmg me in my full donator archer gear (Outdamage AND Out DPS), shows that the Donator gear isn't all that hyped it's made to be. OH, ANDDDDDDD there's the fact that you can get gear that's BETTER than the Donor Gear.

People like to ride a bandwagon. Once one player says it others say it to feel apart of something.

Thanks for this clarifcation on alot of things jaed <3

Lel why did mage UE get lowered to 2 sec? Zerk variant of UE has a 10 sec cd the fuck. Exori Gran Ico, can barely use that shit in PvP. Exori Gran has way too long cd. I rather have 3 sorcs UE than Exori Gran myself.

Tried 3 sorc ue hunting? 5k dmg every 2 sec on everything on the screen. THE FUCK. And my MELEE spell that does same damage on a single target has 10 sec cd. lel wuut

Well cya in 2-4 weeks when next Guildhall event happens, I might be back to win it again.

"Deal massive amounts of damage" is in the description for berserkers. Would you mind taking that out? They are the farthest from massive damage.

The global cooldown got lowered to 2 seconds, the actual cooldown on the spell itself got lowered to 8.
They got 3 UEs each class. 1 custom thats almost exori gran range... Idk what you didn't understand from my comment. Its actually 2.5 sec or something.

@Jaed Le Raep Okay you can say what you want but maybe more people like me waited more of this server.

"We made ArchLight to fill a need for a professional RPG server. A balanced server. A competitive server. And a long lasting server. Archlight has been developed by a professional mature group, one not here to launch an ot and take it offline 1 month later. A professional group not here to make outrageous donation items to make a quick buck. A group with a one year commitment to our dedicated server and project team. Our server is here to be enjoyable, balanced, exciting and clean. Not a server with crazy systems that cause crashes every 30 minutes, or a boring real map that has nothing to explore or learn."

First day non stop CRASH. They said that there won't do donor for making quick buck, SOOO REALLY? I just noticed that one guy and I wont say the name donated 160+ i dont say anything, you can spend your money. At all the ADMINS only listen DONOR players instead of NON DONORS. And yeah you talk about quest... Why would I explore more things IF I need TEAMHUNT for FASTEXP? And.. what about skill booster bug chest (lvl 100 door), yeah first day and people with skills 100+ YAY. If this server is that good... why only 155 persons play now ( including MC ) ?

I think this server had a good advertising and that's all we all got hyped and 2 days later we left.

PD: I went to archlight website and 99 players so there you go.

They got 3 UEs each class. 1 custom thats almost exori gran range... Idk what you didn't understand from my comment. Its actually 2.5 sec or something.

what the fuck are you even talking about? atleast be correct when you speak

what 3 ues?

what fucking 2.5 sec cooldown? exevo gran mas frigo/ flam HAS 8 sec cooldown.
The other "UE" as you call it aka exevo en frigo/vis has 15 sec cooldown.
the third ue? there's none

@Jaed Le Raep Okay you can say what you want but maybe more people like me waited more of this server.

"We made ArchLight to fill a need for a professional RPG server. A balanced server. A competitive server. And a long lasting server. Archlight has been developed by a professional mature group, one not here to launch an ot and take it offline 1 month later. A professional group not here to make outrageous donation items to make a quick buck. A group with a one year commitment to our dedicated server and project team. Our server is here to be enjoyable, balanced, exciting and clean. Not a server with crazy systems that cause crashes every 30 minutes, or a boring real map that has nothing to explore or learn."

First day non stop CRASH. They said that there won't do donor for making quick buck, SOOO REALLY? I just noticed that one guy and I wont say the name donated 160+ i dont say anything, you can spend your money. At all the ADMINS only listen DONOR players instead of NON DONORS. And yeah you talk about quest... Why would I explore more things IF I need TEAMHUNT for FASTEXP? And.. what about skill booster bug chest (lvl 100 door), yeah first day and people with skills 100+ YAY. If this server is that good... why only 155 persons play now ( including MC ) ?

I think this server had a good advertising and that's all we all got hyped and 2 days later we left.

PD: I went to archlight website and 99 players so there you go.

Quoted for the truth.

Jaed open your eyes. You can buy CSGO and H1Z1 with 20€, are you trying to justify the cost and importance of donor set on this server? it is literally a teleport evo server with a dungeon system and overpowered donations. There is still NO GEAR ANYWHERE NEAR DONOR SET in the game and its been A WEEK since the server been up.

It's because of people like you that throw money left and right to undeserving game developers that the game industry is so fucked.

Edit: As a matter of fact, i dare you to show me on trade a item thats anywhere NEAR or BETTER than a donation item and tell me who has it right now. Dont tell me there's a 99% resistance +100 all skills behind a lvl 1000 door on a boss with 1million hp that no one has ever killed yet cause no one gives a shit

Lawl donated 2 full eq and I got banned for swearing and having a bad attitude in the help channel (they could have muted me instead of banning me)

what the fuck are you even talking about? atleast be correct when you speak

what 3 ues?

what fucking 2.5 sec cooldown? exevo gran mas frigo/ flam HAS 8 sec cooldown.
The other "UE" as you call it aka exevo en frigo/vis has 15 sec cooldown.
the third ue? there's none
Dont druid have exevo gran mas tera/frigo and en frigo whatever thats 3 rigth there. bard is support class dont mention that bs. And sorc has 3 too..

Not to mention. Sorc can tank better than zerkers now cause of the op mana regen spell. What is the cd of that bs?

I like how many times mages got buffed when they have always been better than zerks. Except for timebombs, idk who even made thoose spells. I could do better working on a formula for 10 sec. Example real quick on a decent formula

Level+Maglevelx3.. Level 200 with 100 magic level does 500 dmg. Enjoy nice formula. Timebombs did 250dmg when they first made them. And its a level 120+ spell? Lal.

Edit:Let me just clerify for the dumbasses out there that don't understand jack sh*t.

You got a guardian and 3 sorcs and 1 bard in your team. Bard obviously heals the tank.

Imagine hunting something with 15k hp. And the tank pulls like 8 of them around... Bard is obviously healing the tank.

Now you got 3 sorcs using their 3 UE's in 6 seconds. If they still wait for global cd they will have used all 3 UEs in 6 seconds. Now you guys just killed 8 15k hp monsters with 3 sorcs. At the same time. Wait 10 sec for cds.. Do it again.

If someone still doesn't understand then well GG brain

Last edited:
Back