• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA][Custom] ArchlightOnline - Legacy - Coming May 13th 2022

Server Website/AAC
https://legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Address
legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
Lawl donated 2 full eq and I got banned for swearing and having a bad attitude in the help channel (they could have muted me instead of banning me)

Name? Ill look into this. You will be unbanned if thats all you did.

Wow so much hate on this forum.

This isn't being developed by Blizzard, this isn't even being developed by Independant Game Developers.
This server was developed as a hobby by some Otland members.

Expect bugs, expect balance issues, expect mistakes.
AAA Games have crashes, bugs, balance issues, on the day they release half the time.
And you have the BALLS to expect more from some people making an OT Server as a hobby?

AS LONG as they fix things and offer support for the game after release, and listen to your noisy complaints, you should be happy.
That is more than you'd get from most other companies.

~~EDIT~~
And for the idiot who complained about donations.
Who cares how much donations cost? You wouldn't buy them if it was $1, $5, or $50.
People will log on a server, then play a little while. When they notice they are having fun, they donate. Why? Because they like the server and want to progress faster.

Maybe you are poor, or are from an area that doesn't have paypal. Well, guess what, people suggested they add in items that compete with donation items for people who don't want to donate.

Not only did they add archlight sets, they made certain monsters able to drop items, plus they added additional items BETTER than donation sets you can ONLY get in-game. (This means, if you aren't a lazy cunt, you could technically be stronger than donation players by simply doing some work).

Last edited:
Wow so much hate on this forum.

This isn't being developed by Blizzard, this isn't even being developed by Independant Game Developers.
This server was developed as a hobby by some Otland members.

Expect bugs, expect balance issues, expect mistakes.
AAA Games have crashes, bugs, balance issues, on the day they release half the time.
And you have the BALLS to expect more from some people making an OT Server as a hobby?

AS LONG as they fix things and offer support for the game after release, and listen to your noisy complaints, you should be happy.
That is more than you'd get from most other companies. And this is just a group of people working on a Hobby.
I couldn't agree more, but when you create alot of hype around a server you are sort of expected to deliver. Please not that I'm not hating, I'm just replying to Flatlander's statement.

Best of luck with the continous development of the server!

We made a large revamp to the task system. This will promote Solo players and allow them to remain relevant in the current metagame of Archlight. Patch Notes can be found here: http://archlightonline.com/sub.php?page=news

I couldn't agree more, but when you create alot of hype around a server you are sort of expected to deliver. Please not that I'm not hating, I'm just replying to Flatlander's statement.

I do my best, I'm not perfect, I remember first day I played ffxi the game crashed every 30 seconds, couldnt login 99% of the time, same happened to diablo 3 I think no? I'm one person. With the support of @RazorBlade and HalfAway, not a team of 150+.

Thanks for the love flat I appreciate it.

We are extremely actively making this server better. We tackle every problem presented and do our best to correct it.

I agree, but as a game-developer, you ALWAYS want more hype than you deserve.
Every game ever created had more people buy the game, than like it.

This means, if a million people bought Super Mario Bros. It is a fact that a percentage of people thought it was total shit.
And if there were forums back then, we'd see hundreds of people on the forums going
"Whats with the fat mustache faggot jumping on mushrooms. Stupid Game. 0/10"

So lets say you know 10% of people will hate your game no matter what, 10% will quit because of bugs or in-game issues, 20% will leave for other games a few months after release, and 30% will play until they reach the end of content then quite immediatly.

Well that's 70% of players quitting. So if you get 100 people due to no-hype, you got 30 players, if you get 1000 people, you get 300 players. If you somehow get a Million people to buy your game, you get 300,000 players.

Hype will always generate more hate than love, but it is ALWAYS a good thing for developers and games in general. It gets more people to try games that they may or may not like.

We made a large revamp to the task system. This will promote Solo players and allow them to remain relevant in the current metagame of Archlight. Patch Notes can be found here: http://archlightonline.com/sub.php?page=news

I do my best, I'm not perfect, I remember first day I played ffxi the game crashed every 30 seconds, couldnt login 99% of the time, same happened to diablo 3 I think no? I'm one person. With the support of @RazorBlade and HalfAway, not a team of 150+.

We are extremely actively making this server better. We tackle every problem presented and do our best to correct it.
I replied to Flatlander's statement, it just happend to be in your thread.

Do the tasks with a group. You get both sides of the coin. Idk what you did there but this was so pointless, didn't fix anything. All you gotta do is have everyone use a trash skill so everyone gets the kill. Example: Exori hur,Exori vis, Exori Con etc.

Do the tasks with a group. You get both sides of the coin. Idk what you did there but this was so pointless, didn't fix anything. All you gotta do is have everyone use a trash skill so everyone gets the kill. Example: Exori hur,Exori vis, Exori Con etc.

Or he could just make it so only the last hit gets the task point. therefor a group of 15 people will need to kill 6000 hydras to all complete the task.

But a solo hunting person can kill 400, turn in, 400, turn in, etc.
(It still isnt' a fix, but it at least could help)

Or he could just make it so only the last hit gets the task point. therefor a group of 15 people will need to kill 6000 hydras to all complete the task.

You can't redo tasks yet.

I actually might login and kill 400 to see how many levels my bard will get, I almost 2 hit them lol.

Edit: Lol it would suck to give kill to lasthit only.. Some retard can come to steal your kills so you never finish. I guess a way to solve it is "Most damage dealt". The one who does most dmg gets the kill.

It is this way. Only one player gets it. Thus hunting a shitty low exp monster with multiples isn't much different than solo.

This wasn't the full fix. It's part of the fix. Why is it whenever I post something that helps something people right away say its not good enough. So quick to pull that e-trigger on someone making you free content.

Read above. Please first try something or ask about something before assuming

I wonder how long it would take a solo leveler to reach the top 20 highscores? Weeks? if not a month.

Glad to see them fixing there absurd pay 2 win scheme by adding stronger tier items in the game, obtainable from looting.

I wonder how long it would take a solo leveler to reach the top 20 highscores? Weeks? if not a month.

The server was made, designed, and completed to reward the player who goes out of his way to hunt in a group, and create a community aspect. We are working to make the exp closer, but we still will reward the party player.

Thank you

It is this way. Only one player gets it. Thus hunting a shitty low exp monster with multiples isn't much different than solo.

This wasn't the full fix. It's part of the fix. Why is it whenever I post something that helps something people right away say its not good enough. So quick to pull that e-trigger on someone making you free content.

Read above. Please first try something or ask about something before assuming
Did you read my edit btw? Probably not, because you just confirmed that only last hit gets kills.Do you realize how dumb it is to give kill to last hit? You want to make it so people can't get skulled with archer explosion and UE etc.. and also want to make it so people can steal monster kills from eachother?

Here is the normal scenario of this happening.
Knighter is killing hydra and Knightor comes for the last hit.
Knightor gets the kill and progresses his task for doing nothing but griefing.

Knighter has 2 options.. 1. Kill the guy, 2. leave the spawn.

Because of some retard following you around stealing your monsters you gotta either leave spawn or get skulled. For your information, people are retarded. They will instantly go attack the white skulled because they won't get PZ-lock or a frag for killing that person. What did knighter do wrong here? Knightor deserves to die.

Change it so most damage gets the kills as soon as possible.

And hey I will continue asuming shit because thats what gets a server forward. You can only move forward if you want to progess. You need to asume shit before you update the server to not create a side-effect you don't want to. I have already quit the server and I follow this thread in hopes for improvement. Doubt it will improve anytime soon.

Edit: in the first place, a proffesional team doesn't make a 100+ atk weapon on a rpg server. (If the rest of the weapons have half that amount.

Not to mention it doesn't add up in the first place.. If someone goes waaay into lategame Raparts 3-4 and gets a 150 atk weapon on a zerk.. Good luck... That guy will wreck everyone because pots heals nothing in comparsion.

Give a infinite potion in ramparts or sell potions in shop and put a nice level req on it. Further you get in the game the more useless your current items get, not even mentioning the custom monsters that 1 hit everyone.

Back