• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA][Custom] ArchlightOnline - Legacy - Coming May 13th 2022

Server Website/AAC
https://legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Address
legacy.archlightonline.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
So yeah I came back to this server. Some friends encouraged me to start playing again.

I can somewhat consider these first weeks as a beta phase, cuz it seems a lot has changed (mostly for the better).
You can get better gear for tokens @ sofia (still some gear is missing, like legs for mages, etc)
It's possible to get strong gear (compared to donors) in the lvl 300 quest.

Knighter is also busy with the server (I like dedication xd), adding new stuff like that.

One thing I don't like is the amount of cavebotters now (like 90-95% of server).

I just saw this in help chat and it's also how I feel: 22:14 Greek [333]: The truth is that the first days of server were funny 200+ ppl active hunting in different groups at poi. Now the server is dead, only botters and although the new content and project ideas look pretty nice, the truth is that the server keeps dying slowly

I remember when I was around lvl 80, I had to search a team and join poi and pg like fck. I saw other team pging there too yeah that was fun haha. Too bad there were not more of those zones / pg options. People were ACTIVE and PLAYING
The server leveling experience changed completely: now it's bot bot bot (if u have a task, turn in and repeat), bot bot bot bot bot bot bot bot

I don't mind ppl botting but it should not be the ultimate way to lvl-up !

So yeah I came back to this server. Some friends encouraged me to start playing again.

I can somewhat consider these first weeks as a beta phase, cuz it seems a lot has changed (mostly for the better).
You can get better gear for tokens @ sofia (still some gear is missing, like legs for mages, etc)

Knighter is also busy with the server (I like dedication xd), adding new stuff like that.

One thing I don't like is the amount of cavebotters now (like 90-95% of server).

I just saw this in help chat and it's also how I feel: 22:14 Greek [333]: The truth is that the first days of server were funny 200+ ppl active hunting in different groups at poi. Now the server is dead, only botters and although the new content and project ideas look pretty nice, the truth is that the server keeps dying slowly

I remember when I was around lvl 80, I had to search a team and join poi and pg like fck. I saw other team pging there too yeah that was fun haha. Too bad there were not more of those zones / pg options. People were ACTIVE and PLAYING
The server leveling experience changed completely: now it's bot bot bot (if u have a task, turn in and repeat), bot bot bot bot bot bot bot bot

Thank you for your feedback, we are currently adding in a very cool system which should cut down on this issue that most ot servers has. :)

Botting is not the ultimate way to level up.
But the reason you level up is one of two things.
  1. You level to gain power so you can PvP.
  2. You level to gain power so you can do high level quests/content.
The issue right now is:
  1. No one wants to PvP. (We have tried, multiple times, no one wants to fight, they just complain when we kill them and we're the lower levels)
  2. The high-level quests are KIND of boring.
    • Just to explain. We recently attempted a level 300 quest. It has these Mushroom guys (Elder Ents) that summon other Mushroom guys (Smaller Ents). So we fought through the entire quest, we each had about 1,000 sudden death runes on us. We made it to the Boss (Named "Monstrosity") and started to fight him. For the first 15 minutes we thought we weren't doing damage, but we noticed he lost a LITTLE bit of health (we had 8 people there level 300+ with some of the highest skills on the server). Long story short, we all ran out of supplies before we could kill the Boss (Took about an hour I think? The monster heals 40,000 and sometimes spams heal), so we suicided (some teleported back to town) and decided that quest was not for us.
A message to the Developers.
Grabbing a monster. Such as lets say a Hydra, changing it's health, damage, movement speed, and experience. And naming it "Corrupted Hydra" is FINE.
BUT! It will not be more fun to hunt that monster than a Hydra. It is still a Hydra, it acts the same as a Hydra, uses the same spells, etc.

So, as a rule, when you make custom monsters. Try to give each one of them AT LEAST one new spell or ability, or passive, or even different elemental weaknesses. And Instead of just making the loot chances of that monster insane, so you loot a ton more royal helmets, add a new item to it. Like rare chance of looting one of the Archlight Token Items.

Then players could go around, hunting these custom monsters to get better gear! And the monsters would be more interesting than the older monsters!

Also, when you make a quest. Put a puzzle or two in it. (Not just pull the levers) How about Pull the levers IN THE RIGHT ORDER? And if you fail, the levers all reset and dangerous monsters spawn that give no loot or exp. So you REALLY want to get the correct answer.

For Example, have four levers, and the hint says "Not Pie".
Then the player sees the levers 1, 2, 3, and 4.

So they pull Lever 2, because Pi is usually shortened to 3.14, and does not include the number 2, and the hint said "Not Pie".

But if you pull the wrong lever, you should be punished in some way. (Dangerous monster spawns, fall down a hole, etc)

**EDIT** The boss of a quest, should also be a puzzle. You should have to LEARN how to defeat him. Not just have the tank block and then everyone DPS.

A simple example would be a Boss that summons vampires, and when the vampires do damage, it heals the boss. So you have to either trap, or kill the vampires to stop them from doing damage to you, or the boss will continue to heal.

The issue right now is:
  1. No one wants to PvP. (We have tried, multiple times, no one wants to fight, they just complain when we kill them and we're the lower levels)
    • Just to explain. We recently attempted a level 300 quest. It has these Mushroom guys (Elder Ents) that summon other Mushroom guys (Smaller Ents). So we fought through the entire quest, we each had about 1,000 sudden death runes on us. We made it to the Boss (Named "Monstrosity") and started to fight him. For the first 15 minutes we thought we weren't doing damage, but we noticed he lost a LITTLE bit of health (we had 8 people there level 300+ with some of the highest skills on the server). Long story short, we all ran out of supplies before we could kill the Boss (Took about an hour I think? The monster heals 40,000 and sometimes spams heal), so we suicided (some teleported back to town) and decided that quest was not for us.
Grabbing a monster. Such as lets say a Hydra, changing it's health, damage, movement speed, and experience. And naming it "Corrupted Hydra" is FINE.
BUT! It will not be more fun to hunt that monster than a Hydra. It is still a Hydra, it acts the same as a Hydra, uses the same spells, etc.

So, as a rule, when you make custom monsters. Try to give each one of them AT LEAST one new spell or ability, or passive, or even different elemental weaknesses. And Instead of just making the loot chances of that monster insane, so you loot a ton more royal helmets, add a new item to it. Like rare chance of looting one of the Archlight Token Items.

Then players could go around, hunting these custom monsters to get better gear! And the monsters would be more interesting than the older monsters!

Also, when you make a quest. Put a puzzle or two in it. (Not just pull the levers) How about Pull the levers IN THE RIGHT ORDER? And if you fail, the levers all reset and dangerous monsters spawn that give no loot or exp. So you REALLY want to get the correct answer.

So they pull Lever 2, because Pi is usually shortened to 3.14, and does not include the number 2, and the hint said "Not Pie".

But if you pull the wrong lever, you should be punished in some way. (Dangerous monster spawns, fall down a hole, etc)

**EDIT** The boss of a quest, should also be a puzzle. You should have to LEARN how to defeat him. Not just have the tank block and then everyone DPS.

A simple example would be a Boss that summons vampires, and when the vampires do damage, it heals the boss. So you have to either trap, or kill the vampires to stop them from doing damage to you, or the boss will continue to heal.

Thanks for the feedback, regarding the 300 quest, we felt we made it fairly interactive, compared to any new quest added in a lot of servers, we tried to make a new dynamic to each seal, regarding targeting, ways to tank, ways to fight them etc. We did not do this perfectly, the bosses do have too much hp. We will be adjusting this this weekend.

Regarding the monsters, we are currently adding an average of 3 new spawns a day, multiple quests and constant everyday balance work. We try to add as much as possible to keep the server constantly updating and changing. We will be introducing a few more unique monsters this weekend, along with the new voc and a couple new systems.

We released details on the Champions Arena on the website which should be fun for a lot of players. Especially those who like to test themselves and a friend. We are also going to be adding something to the pvp system which should make it more intriguing and more fun.

“Also, when you make a quest. Put a puzzle or two in it. (Not just pull the levers) How about Pull the levers IN THE RIGHT ORDER? And if you fail, the levers all reset and dangerous monsters spawn that give no loot or exp. So you REALLY want to get the correct answer.”

This is very cool but you need to remember there is a fine line between fun and unique, and confusing/broken for some players. Remember most otplayers are impatient and get angry very fast. These systems generally target the ot players more so than the 90%. I try to make something more than just Auto walk through a spawn to do a dungeon, but try to keep it easy enough for the less patient. We will develop some more endgame focused dungeons which are a bit more difficult for the endgame players.

The issue right now is:

I don't know which lvl you are but I'm talking about 300+, I botted from 300-350 yday cuz one of my friends (lvl 400+) told me it's the best way.
Also on help channel ppl told me this, im glad they did cuz now I'm also on my way to 400. I need to keep up with my mates ;)

But this ultimate way is boooring ...

When will you add monk voc? @Sir Knighter
We're just fixing something wrong with the summon mechanic from them, as it's not easy to make a new summon function for a new voc to individually use. Our plan is to add it this Sunday. This isn't guaranteed but what we believe is doable at the moment.

Small "bug" on Tasker:

When you start a task and then kill some mobs you can see how many mobs you have killed so far in the "list" of the NPC. Well till there. Now when you cancel the task it will still show the amount of mobs that you killed so far till you start this task another time.

Map typos:

Actually screenshoting them all to show you some typos on the map.

Thanks, enjoying Archlight really much.

"Reworking the fishing system somewhat, lowering the required fishing to fish up magic jellyfish."

Hmm, it changed from 120 to ... ?

Btw since the introduction of these new fishes (fish, northern pike, ...), the chance of fishing up jellyfishes has decreased.
It seems I find less and less "rare" items...

I don't fish day 'n night but ok

"Reworking the fishing system somewhat, lowering the required fishing to fish up magic jellyfish."

Hmm, it changed from 120 to ... ?

Btw since the introduction of these new fishes (fish, northern pike, ...), the chance of fishing up jellyfishes has decreased.
It seems I find less and less "rare" items...

I don't fish day 'n night but ok

To 100 :)

The issue right now is:

4 vs 1 is not pvp. So don't come here to brag about your skills in pvp. "Nobody wants to pvp with us". You guys stair jump and go in and out of pz until your friends come so you can own in pvp. You think thats fun? obviously nobody would want to pvp with you.

Something I don't like about Tibia in general:
You can't ever win a 1 vs x fight. While in 3d action MMORPGs. I beat 3 people solo all the time.

Just 30 minutes ago I went in arena and got focused by 3 people all the time because I was Rank 1. I still won because I killed all 3 of the losers.

@Flatlander and "fuck the gamemasters" here is what real pvp is.

1vs1 or 1 vs3? that guy aint even scared. Compare him to you guys? Run in pz because of 1 guy xD! Learn something about real PvP.

Quote from someone in Fuck the Gamemasters: "Charlover" xD

4 vs 1 is not pvp. So don't come here to brag about your skills in pvp. "Nobody wants to pvp with us". You guys stair jump and go in and out of pz until your friends come so you can own in pvp. You think thats fun? obviously nobody would want to pvp with you.

Something I don't like about Tibia in general:
You can't ever win a 1 vs x fight. While in 3d action MMORPGs. I beat 3 people solo all the time.

Just 30 minutes ago I went in arena and got focused by 3 people all the time because I was Rank 1. I still won because I killed all 3 of the losers.

@Flatlander and "fuck the gamemasters" here is what real pvp is.

You're cute. No really, I'm glad you tried.

We fight in groups because Tibia is a team game. Just because it's a team game doesn't mean it's not PvP. Anyone can brag about PvP in any PvP game, regardless if it's team based or solo based. When we say nobody wants to fight, we mean no other team tries to fight us, even when they have the same or more members online. When we first started, it was only 6 of us and we were only level 150s to 200s when most of Resurrected was 250+, and outnumbered us 3 to 1. We would kill them all. Are we going to seriously PvP when only 2 of us are online and 10 members of another team are waiting for us? No. Not because we're outnumbered, but because with 2 people you aren't going to combo anyone (besides maybe a mage without mana shield and slow reflexes). Get 4-5 people and yeah you'll see us run around attacking people, because with teamwork that number is enough to drop someone.

Also, Aion PVP is a joke. But it's okay, go play your Lolita character some more. Come back and tell me how badass you are.

You're cute. No really, I'm glad you tried.

We fight in groups because Tibia is a team game. Just because it's a team game doesn't mean it's not PvP. Anyone can brag about PvP in any PvP game, regardless if it's team based or solo based. When we say nobody wants to fight, we mean no other team tries to fight us, even when they have the same or more members online. When we first started, it was only 6 of us and we were only level 150s to 200s when most of Resurrected was 250+, and outnumbered us 3 to 1. We would kill them all. Are we going to seriously PvP when only 2 of us are online and 10 members of another team are waiting for us? No. Not because we're outnumbered, but because with 2 people you aren't going to combo anyone (besides maybe a mage without mana shield and slow reflexes). Get 4-5 people and yeah you'll see us run around attacking people, because with teamwork that number is enough to drop someone.

Also, Aion PVP is a joke. But it's okay, go play your Lolita character some more. Come back and tell me how badass you are.

Wait huh?? this doesn't make sense.. At that time there was a pvp event for guildhall.. Why didn't you join it? Even Breaking Bad had more backbone than you guys, they lost miseably cause of lower levels. But they never run from a fight. (they even got banned for it) as for the reason you guys didn't join that I heard you all started after the guild hall event.

Are we going to seriously PvP when only 2 of us are online and 10 members of another team are waiting for us? No. Not because we're outnumbered, but because with 2 people you aren't going to combo anyone (besides maybe a mage without mana shield and slow reflexes).
Does this justify 4 vs 1? You are 4 people killing 1 guy on top of that you guys stair jump when you are focused.. 1 person can't kill you alone anyway and you gotta run like bitches xD this isn't skill in pvp or anything. Just using numbers. I can swear on everything I have on archlight that you will never ever go in a 2 vs 1 and win. Let me tell you a fact. I have won both 1 vs 2 and 2 vs 1. Pretty easy to combo someone if you know your shit.

Here is something for you to chew at:
"There is a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit"

also.. Cute lolita chars are better than some minecraft graphic shitty character.

Are you tired of playing global server, Then join this server, Its very unique alot of things todo online!
You have done an great job Sir Knighter!

Dears,
LuckyM

Back