• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Mookvu 10.10 100% custom RPG - OFFICIAL START!

While the server is down, i would like to write my first impressions of the server:

The rates, while low i felt like my character was gaining new things fast enough that gaining levels wasn't that important, because of the custom changes lower level characters are much stronger than they would be on other servers.

There seems to be a good amount of area to explore and the addon system and mount system give you something to work towards and the bonuses they give are huge.

The instances are a very nice feature since they are repeatable and the rewards are random so you can do the same instance many times and always get something different and useful.

I feel like the spider eggs are nice, but the chance to get a giant spider is extremely low, and the other things you can get aren't very exciting, which really makes opening eggs somewhat dull 99% of the time and it could be so much better if only the giant spiders chance was much higher.

Aol is expensive for new players to buy so i would suggest that new players shouldn't start with aol and instead players shouldn't drop items until level 20, and upon reaching level 20 players should get a free aol and receive a message telling them they can drop items.

Iron ore crafting, I feel like trash should be removed from iron ores, getting trash is just worse than getting nothing since it takes time to throw it away, the normal 60% fail rate and the chance at items that are very basic like legion helmet etc should be enough.

random chance for any creature to drop iron/lamps/upgrade stones is very nice and always makes opening creatures exciting even if they normally don't drop anything good.

I know its already being worked on, but the server really needs some bosses at random spots on the map to hunt.

There are some bugs but the admins seems to be very fast at fixing them.

I feel like all spells should be available to every player regardless of whether they are premium or not, spells are too important to limit to just paying players and even though you can get premium from events and bosses in the future doesn't change that new players will likely not have access to all of their spells when they start which limits their ability to enjoy the server fully.

I hope that the events are working soon and that they happen somewhat regularly to help give players a break from exploring, questing and hunting.

Teleporting all players to temple before each restart is very annoying, instead i would suggest you create a script that gives a 3 minute warning and countdown during which all players can use a command to teleport to temple allowing those who wish to stay where they are to find a safe spot and not be bothered by having to run back to where they were.

Overall i feel the server is very nice but a few adjustments could make it even better.
Amen...

Something should be done for new player. They should get a 2 days premium or something. Even 5 days isn't much to ask. I know you want donation but people have to try the server first before they even think about donating. And I doubt a lot of people will donate for premium on a server they haven't tried. Cause I personnaly was gonna quit up until I got promote and then everything started going fasters and I got to a point I could enjoy the game and will probably be getting premium once my days ends. Being Free account is just too limiting for an OT of this kind.

I've been thinking about the healing exhaust issue, and i think the best option would be to have healing spells heal twice, once when cast and a second time 1 second later, this makes the double exhaust effectively fixed, and to balance it you would increase the mana cost of healing spells.

tbh server will never be successful untill they update to 10.41+ and higher exp.

You would know, your latest servers have been sooooo succesful [/sarcasm]. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it won't be succesful. There are different views on succes, it's not a single standard. Maybe 10 players is a succes for them, who knows.

tbh server will never be successful untill they update to 10.41+ and higher exp.
Its already highrate lol...you don't need to be 100 here to be considered high. Shit is custom and addon/mount makes you move like a lvl 200.

If it ever reset I suggest it gets lower rate. And my suggestion would be to add stronger monster that are close to impossible to hunt solo . So people actually need to team hunt. Like some hardcore boss or something.

Thanks for defending mookvu's honor xD anyway bro, next continent will have lots of what your talking about xD

And the exp is perfectly fine the way it is. Just cause you dont get level 50 off a Wisp doesnt mean its low. It's perfect.

Brahs, is it main part of server?I see there is 19 players online, i praise its beta cause i love RPG OTSs.
Maybe u need help m8s?

I've been thinking about the healing exhaust issue, and i think the best option would be to have healing spells heal twice, once when cast and a second time 1 second later, this makes the double exhaust effectively fixed, and to balance it you would increase the mana cost of healing spells.

I disagree even though I think on the website it says you're already working on it,but you already tank good enough as it is, having you heal twice is just way to op, even if you double the cost of the mana, you have aslan so mana regen won't be a problem for you, therefore making you OP. As well as others when they get to that point. At this point the the game you shouldn't be relying on a healing spell, but mostly potions depending what you hunt. So this will pretty much make knights OP cause when mages and paladins hunt harder stuff they need to use magic shield and it's not like there's a spell that heals mana so we use lots of potions. While knights won't even need any LOL. Plus, it's already pretty unbalanced how mounts give same regen to all vocations cause knights use way less mana than mages so they benefit A LOT more from mounts. Telling you right now this is a mistake, healing is fine. If people want this to be a super mega easy server then sure go ahead and do it.

Oh, its because I fixed the exhaust already xD its not 3 seconds anymore... Tonny Druid helped :)

go back to your rl maps...
no one likes 10.10 anymore, every 10.10 server i have seen have all failed, even hoster says the guy should update to 10.41

image.png

no one likes 10.10 anymore, every 10.10 server i have seen have all failed, even hoster says the guy should update to 10.41

image.png
You might think its failing but I think its pretty allright. Not to mention he could have way more but botting is not allowed so its not like theres 50-60+ people in trainer like in all those other 10+ crap.

So I hear the server is restarting for a client upgrade but I don't think I will continue playing until vocations are truly balanced. As it stands right now in terms of dmg it seems pretty balanced but knights reign as best because of how tanky they get with addons and mounts. The mana regen that the better mounts give benefits the knights low mana pools so much more than any other vocation that they can endlessly attack and heal. And right now the highest level knight xemos can heal from red to full in one spellcast. Also for the higher level instances like crystal witch and wraith give out good knight weapons and armors but none mage or paladin weapons.
And for the mounts, you should give them out in tasks from npc,hard group instances and quests.

Its not for a client upgrade, its because a massive glitch in my instances and events that have been abused so some players have an advantage over others..
I know that knights seem OP, but that is being taken care of aswell. Some of the regen items will not be equiptable for knights and mounts will lose some regen aswell. The game will be better than ever and there will be NO MORE RESETS. I got it this time ;)

Okay, I will give it a shot for awhile then. You should also look into what I said about giving mage gear and paladin weapons as well from instances like crystal witch. Otherwise you get paladins using normal crossbows the whole game because its hte only ones they can loot with rare/legendary/demi-god.

Let me start off by saying this is a pretty fun server, I enjoyed my time on it :p ,but
This server isn't even ready for release. There's so much unbalance and the server is just lacking so much. Even if you say you got it this time, you really don't.
  • First of all mounts need to be changed. You need to understand that mounts regen the same amount for each vocation. Therefore knights benefit the most due to lower mana costs. This is NOT fair. Lowering regen of mounts in general won't help this problem... you need to think of a way to make it so regen from mounts is different for each vocation. Perhaps make some mounts available to certain vocations or something, just think of some way. LOWER THE REGEN IN GENERAL WON'T HELP WITH THIS
  • Knight are OP. Regardless of what anyone says they are OP. They have the highest HP pool, which makes them tanky, as well as the same damage as other classes. On this server being tanky is all that matters. Who cares how much you hit if you get 1 shot? The way the map is made, there is no place to run unless we want to lure more monsters and still die. The knights on the server were able to kill monsters, bosses and do instances WAY before me as a paladin. With the right mount they don't even need to use potions. They can even spam their attacking spell & heal spell without running out of mama, not to mention that the level 90 healing spell for them heals 1500+, plus some people complained about exhaust so you can spam heal..
  • There's no quests on here... only instances but those aren't quests. There isn't even any teamwork involved on here. Xemos doesn't need a team for anything. As long as he can tank it he can kill it. It really bothers me how knights are the tankiest class and hit the same as other classes. Hell you don't even need a team for instances... do you even know how instances are supposed to work? They should be way more challenging, challenging enough where you need a team. Being able to solo each instance is so stupid.
  • Server lacks content so bad.. there will always be that person or people who play a server 24/7, they will just rush through the content, for example xemos, sorry if I'm picking on you but I need an example lol. You need to make sure that they can't just rush through content super fast like that or you will have a bunch of bored players. You need to make it way more challenging, lots of places where you need teams and not a just a knight who can solo everything. It should be knight tanking, paladin doing damage, druid healing while doing some damage, sorcerer nuking, stuff like that. It should not be a knight can do everything himself throughout the whole game.
Man there is so much I want to say and wish I could but I'm tired and I need to go to sleep. If you were smart you would take down the server for a bit, balance as much as you can, add A LOT of content, just work more on the server so you can actually have a real release. Even though I'm 99% sure you won't listen, or try to fix these problems. You can go ahead, reset and release the server again but in 1 week the same thing will happen, people will run out of content, get bored and have nothing to do, even if you manage to add in a spawn or two people will still surpass the content faster than you can add it. Just remeber it's not always what you want, you also need to consider the players ideas, but I honestly don't care what you do mostly because I won't really be playing again since school started for me. I just felt like making this post cause there are some of us who feel this needs to be addressed. This is not my server so I can't make these decisions, all I can do is suggest this. I've done my part, now try and do yours. @MadMOOK

Last edited: