• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] Rise Of Abbadon 8.60 - 100% Custom RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
What hes doing isnt respectable, half way into the day that he picked as a " possible " release and has no update for the play base is pretty rude. knowing the situation of the server progress he should have had an update early this morning on where it was.

This is PRECISELY why a developer should NEVER give a release date.

When making a server, or scripting ANYTHING it could take 10 minutes, or 3 weeks for a single script. You never know how big the task will be until you have already finished it.
Hell, it took me fucking 6 hours to fix a TFS Crash when reloading movements yesterday that ended up being caused by semicolons.

Asking a developer when their product will be released, is a question that has no answer. ANY answer someone gives, they literally shoved their entire hand UP their ass, and just pulled out a random number. Saying it is disrespectful to "not know" when your server will be finished, basically is saying every person that has ever scripted any software ever is an asshole.

You Sir, are ignorant.

SHIT JUST GOT REAL! lmao I really do have to agree with Flatlander proves a fantastic point

SHIT JUST GOT REAL! lmao I really do have to agree with Flatlander proves a fantastic point
but still can keep us up to date on how its going. i mean he did say he would be replying on here daily....

But have you noticed not many have been asking how the servers going? Just about the release date including myself. But that is true Blinkz maybe hes busy with school and crap everyone has a life just give him some time :D

thats understandable also. BUT thats not my point, thing is he is checking forums constantly throughout the day, click his profile it says last time online and what he was doing and its always here....

Lol the players on this forum thread make me nervous.

I won't allow myself to be pressured by the community anymore. It was the fact that people kept trying to ruin my project's image by posts such as, "its never going to come online", and spamming my inbox which made me even give a possible release date.

I never said the server was coming up today. All I said was, I was hoping to be able to have it done and to put it up on March 15. But even that was a mistake.

The server is going to come online when I'm done. Until then you're just going to have to wait, just like you do for every other OT in the making.

When I make an update which I want to share with the community, I`ll be coming back to this thread.

But have you noticed not many have been asking how the servers going? Just about the release date including myself. But that is true Blinkz maybe hes busy with school and crap everyone has a life just give him some time :D

people r just impatient. there waitin for roa and dzot and just fkn askin questions nonstop like thats gunna put the server online quicker lol..

YOU GUYS see what you have done..!!!!!!!!! Now heartless is mad NOW THERE IS no answer when it is coming out ASHUASUASUHAU

I won't allow myself to be pressured by the community anymore. It was the fact that people kept trying to ruin my project's image by posts such as, "its never going to come online", and spamming my inbox which made me even give a possible release date.

I never said the server was coming up today. All I said was, I was hoping to be able to have it done and to put it up on March 15. But even that was a mistake.

The server is going to come online when I'm done. Until then you're just going to have to wait, just like you do for every other OT in the making.

When I make an update which I want to share with the community, I`ll be coming back to this thread.

This is the exact mindset every developer should have. "It will come online when it is done."

If he released some half-done, imbalanced, no-content server you would all complain and players would leave and never come back.
If he works and releases and near-finished server that has content, at least SOME balancing, and he feels confident players will like it, he has a much better chance of success.

Many great games have died by "releasing unfinished games on their deadlines".
And - If you don't hear from him, be happy he is NOT trolling the forums and either doing RL stuff or working on the server. (Trolling the forums is a huge time-waster)

tibianic had tons of botters also back in the day! people who got like 10000x bps full of supplies just because they botted x-amount of runemakers. ofc they keep playing...

On topic: I hope to see this online soon but don't rush it, release it when its finished BUT keeo the community updated! IMHO you have some kind of reputation about trolling ur threads saying it will be up but in the end it never does, so if you want people to get hyped and call there friends over to play, keep the players updated and make this era an era to remember

Mate we are not bullying you and the pressure is a positive one. I'm sorry for the few guys that call you a troll.

We are just eager to get back into an amazing OT server.

Just open it as a beta and make the updates as the players try the server out. Things as updates etc will go faster and problems can be solved more quickly while the players noticed them.

ppl will just find it same things rush through it and start walking away as he is updating. Eventually everyone will have went through the server content and he'll have to fight to keep up but all his work will be for nothing when everyone is gone out of boredom. It happens every time.

Just stfu and wait.

Inbox for Heartless is heartless.

@ Flatlanders huge post, You got a point with the fact that release dates are just a number you shit out, still. He gave a number out. synthetic gave numbers out and shawn gave numbers out, but atleast they updates us with if they can keep up the time or not. synthetic had to release 1/2? days later and no one was mad cause he told us. But this guy isnt even telling shit, he was online on daily basis in otland for 4 months and didnt reply ONE question on this thread which made everyone think he quit. and out of nowhere the project is halfway done now and will be released today(?)
w/e, idk this guy but hes one of the crapfXXks who cant just make a post that takes 2 min in 4 months.

Inbox for Heartless is heartless.

@ Flatlanders huge post, You got a point with the fact that release dates are just a number you shit out, still. He gave a number out. synthetic gave numbers out and shawn gave numbers out, but atleast they updates us with if they can keep up the time or not. synthetic had to release 1/2? days later and no one was mad cause he told us. But this guy isnt even telling shit, he was online on daily basis in otland for 4 months and didnt reply ONE question on this thread which made everyone think he quit. and out of nowhere the project is halfway done now and will be released today(?)
w/e, idk this guy but hes one of the crapfXXks who cant just make a post that takes 2 min in 4 months.
My point exactly, i don't expect him to have it released on the dot but when he's telling us that he will be posting daily and nothing ever is.... That's a issue and also not telling anyone hey i won't be able to release it when i planned so don't expect it

And to this.... Nobody is going to ruin RoA's image but you, like before u said expect a huge update it's coming then didn't hear from you for months is an example why everyone is hating and doubting its release

a
And to this.... Nobody is going to ruin RoA's image but you, like before u said expect a huge update it's coming then didn't hear from you for months is an example why everyone is hating and doubting its release
^ what this guy said.

So heartless hows it going with the server? Any update on how its going im pretty sure all of us would love to know.

Still working and no, the server is not coming up today.

I have a huge checklist to fulfill today with the server, and once its complete i`ll be coming back with an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.