• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] TibiaTales (RealOTs Clone)

This is how Tibia.com was back then Tibia 7.7

Thf45nS.jpg
No it is not, that is 8.0 (look at the news date).

g4LbCLp.png

Either way, looks way too modern IMO. Looks like most 8.0+ servers.

Last edited:
From memory they brought out the new web page with the 7.8 update, or the 10 year anniversary patch (which was after 7.8 anyway)

Yes, that's right I confused 2007 with 2006.

Tibia.com (2003~2006):
  • I would have to guess all the pages that aren't found in web.archive, like account page, character creation, etc...
  • It's hard to manage it, incredibly hard, no CSS support, only tables for the entire website looks.
  • Looks old and RPG
  • Comes from the era of Tibia 7.1~7.7
  • People want this one.
Vj2AdKa.jpg

Tibia.com (2006~2008):
  • Easy to guess all the pages.
  • Easy to manage, CSS support, a single page uses 20 lines of code.
  • Looks modern and RPG.
  • Comes from the era of Tibia 7.8~8.10. Modern Tibia updated the width of most content boxes.
  • People say this looks too modern.
  • Featured Article could be used for upcoming updates, discussions, etc...
  • Newsticker box for short news about the server.
dN29XLr.jpg

To be honest I like the modern one a lot more since it's easy to manage and is way cleaner, if the old one was CSS based I would surely use it, but unfortunately it's not, and I can't make a CSS for it.

An old-school server is using old Tibia.com: http://originaltibia.com/lowrate/

If you're a programmer, or at least a PHP programmer, just take a look at the code of http://web.archive.org/web/20040701101411/http://www.tibia.com/home/index.php?subtopic=news

Yeah that one is beautiful, would be so nice to recreate that one.

Originaltibia is lacking a lot of features from it however.

Yeah that one is beautiful, would be so nice to recreate that one.

Originaltibia is lacking a lot of features from it however.

I understand your place, I've been trying to "clean" the old one for an hour, and it's still stupidely messy, there are tables everywhere, it isn't even organized between the navigation board, the page contents and the footer. Besides the fact of it's bad support with some browsers.

So unless someone has a CSS layout for the old one willing to share to the open community, I can't keep using it.

The new one looks much better, the old one looks a bit messy and well.. doesn't just look that good.

>get with the times
>oldschool tibia

silk pls

The reason I play oldschool tibia is because it's better than real tibia in a few important ways. The lack of aimbot and the old damage/heal formulae are the two important factors. In the case of most of the other features, I can take it or leave it depending on what it is. "Because it's oldschool" is a terrible reason to play.

The reason I play oldschool tibia is because it's better than real tibia in a few important ways. The lack of aimbot and the old damage/heal formulae are the two important factors. In the case of most of the other features, I can take it or leave it depending on what it is. "Because it's oldschool" is a terrible reason to play.
You need to get with the times bro, oldschool tibia is the past.

=s

you very clearly never played tibia when it was oldschool

You need to get with the times bro, oldschool tibia is the past.

=s

No need, I'm one with the times. You should tell that to the guy who's crying about a website look based on the creation date.

you very clearly never played tibia when it was oldschool

You deduced that from the fact that I can tell the difference between a bland website look and an acceptable one? A lot of assumptions, not a lot of clear thought.

Back