• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] TibiaTales (RealOTs Clone)

Ezzz

Developer of Nostalrius and The Violet Project
Solutions
Reaction score
The approximate launch date is August 9th, we will have a test server within the next few days if possible.

For recent updates according website and etc.. Please refer to recent posts!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • What is TibiaTales (RealOTs Project)?
TibiaTales is a not so secret project that started early January 2014, it's main purpose was to clone the so known RealOTs game server with the idea of having a much better old school experience without limiting customization for the community needs.​
This project is the most exact replica you will ever find of RealOTs.​

• Why do you say it's the most exact replica?
Easy to say, I'm superhuman and I figured how were Rxrob files encrypted, I decrypted them and started the programming of an automated converter for all data files that were given for the community, along these are; monsters, monster spawns, houses, map sectors, teleports, NPCs and all actions.​

• Don't you have a thread about this project from 2013?
I do, back in the early 2013 I was working on a clone project as well, but back then I only had NPCs (As Rxrob didn't have released anything yet), that old project was terminated and deleted for good, as I started to get better in programming and my knowledge about RealOTs was getting big, I started a new one based on a brand new game server core, using the new converted data files.​
  • What are the differences with this server and the original RealOTs (CipSoft original server files)?
    1. Ability to customize the game server without limitations.
    2. Ability to have any experience stages instantly without having to wait for the next server save.
    3. Complete game content control for a live server usage.
    4. Not interpreting / parsing original CipSoft files but a conversion of it.
    5. It's easier for the content team to do weekly maintenance.
    6. As of yet houses are bought and sold in game, I haven't personally added code for the website to manage house bidding and such, laziness.
    7. 30 seconds to 1 minute boot and save time, no more 10 minutes to login and play.
    8. As of yet we don't have guilds management, laziness.
    9. We have party sharing experience! - We're thinking of a good RPG way to enable / disable it.
    10. We have Guild Channel!
    11. We will have all types of events and available new game content.
  • Does this server even include unique RealOTs features normal OT servers don't have?
Yes, with the help of the Internet and friends that used to play RealOTs and modern Tibia I must say I have done my best to not leave a thing behind what made RealOTs so unique.

These are the features that most if not all features that have been programmed in the server core for the replica to be good for the player base experience:​
    1. Floor Resets on daily server saves.
    2. Floors without the reset flag actually save everything on them, meaning you will be able to make loot bags! This acts like RealOTs, meaning that if the content team has to implement a new area or make a drastic map update we will be forced to restore the map to it's original state, but we will warn everyone with a week of anticipation.
    3. Monsters are as deadly as they were on RealOTs, no more retarded Giant Spiders were not passing through weaker creatures, no more retarded non-stop distance fighting monsters, they now actually slow down on the most nearly exact way as RealOTs, always requiring two attacks before slowing down in the escape process.
    4. Great monsters retargeting features, no more Behemoths or deadly Orc Berserkers walking by other players without retargeting!
    5. Distance Fighting monsters will now always target the nearest players first, no more retarded Beholders attacking a far away player.
    6. NPCs behavior was moded a bit, as we all know OTservers have a good and acceptable NPC system, I have personally moded the NPC interface to allow a near good story telling behavior, response behavior, character messages key checking and conversation trigger order.
  • The-RealOTs is coming online again, why would you even bother hosting another Oldschool server experience?
This server started as a hobby, something I could distract and learn from on my free time, this wasn't made for commercial purposes, although the future is undecided and might change.​
  • What's new in this server?
As of yet, we don't have anything new, it's stock RealOTs server waiting to be moded.​
  • Will we have free premium subscription or item shop?
Everyone will have a Gratis Premium account status on their account for as long as we want it to, you won't have to worry about not being premium and true premium players getting a huge advantage, I don't like Pay2Win games.

There will not be an item shop, we haven't discussed it either, but we've discussed we aren't interested in money.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're a true fan of RealOTs, and you're sick of the constant RealOTs drops, hacks and corruption, this is the right deal, you will have the same experience as if it was RealOTs you're playing, and if anything different is found it will be addressed as soon as possible!

You won't have to worry about crashes, this game server hasn't crashed a single time after all the time it's been running on the host machine, if RealOTs crashes they will be forced to use last server save content, here we do not, in case a crash occurs the least that will happen is;
  • Unsaved tile contents will be reverted to the last server.
  • Characters that didn't log out before the server saves, will lose any change made to their characters until last successful server save, your character saves every time you log out.
  • Houses apply for unsaved tiles.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are a few preview screenshots of the website

Some in-game pictures, our game map has absolutely everything, lore and all items inside objects! - Even all the RealOTs secrets and the Sword of Fury itself (it's not enabled yet)

NFFel0B.jpg

VeKC7Bz.jpg

ec998yD.jpg

ocC2Hmj.jpg

uvjc9UY.jpg

GFZ5n5L.jpg

I28tHrW.jpg

yUrnb5K.jpg

8MSFFe9.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
I do not know if we will be able to host it in the U.S, I would have to discuss it.

• The-RealOTs is coming online again, why would you even bother hosting another Oldschool server experience?
This server started as a hobby, something I could distract and learn from on my free time, this wasn't made for commercial purposes, although the future is undecided and might change.​
luckily for you, they have given up on hosting it again. Fribben's OT has already begun it's decline so actually right now is prime time for your OT. don't fuck it up ;)

also put in a creative task system, something more than kill xxx monsters get xxx experience

luckily for you, they have given up on hosting it again. Fribben's OT has already begun it's decline so actually right now is prime time for your OT. don't fuck it up ;)

also put in a creative task system, something more than kill xxx monsters get xxx experience

Why do you say they have given up hosting it again?

1 Feedback so far: Creative Task System.

Why do you say they have given up hosting it again?
You guys are right, This is to much for me to handle, i have no experience in tibia except from the last launch which was my first time in tibia.
i did my best, but it doesnt seems to be enough, the lack of finding a team with experience has been hard and i have been struggling and stressed
which is why im going to cancel this project, im doing this because i know you guys love tibia and it wouldnt be fair for you guys with all the failing
im going through,i wish you all the best and i am grateful for the time you guys spent with us.However if anyone want to do this better than me, that got the skills,
throw me a message.

Oh wow. That's unfortunate, but he's right. RealOTs fails every time.

What's the problem with having proxies?

Proxies never work as it should , theres alot of eu servers atm , and none from US and theres plenty of players from america that its just waiting to see one serious server online with low rate/good map and a good hoster/team , u're pretty much our last chance for a serious good server to american players

yeah just make a usa server, in the end every eu players goes back to tibianic sooner or later

Hey,

I think the rates should be medium and end at around 3x, the loot should be 2-3x so more wars can take place.
Also a Task system would be a great idea with rewards such as money/exp/items.

I also think you should adjust the amount of frags before red skull as there will be a lot of war happening if the server is done correctly.
How long for release cause the last project I waited for a long time before it got cancelled.

Will there be a anti bot client?

-Make it quick to level until like 30-50, and then slow down.
(Tbh, I don' think it should be easy to reach level 70. if loot-rate is high - leveling is never an issue. I'd recommend making it high on rook, and slow on main with high loot. Makes wars much more fun, as it's not cool playing 7.x with level 140's).

-Make the loot high, tbh 3x EXP on RealOTS was not even bad, just the loot-rate made it awful/no money for proper wars = only sneaks for the most part. Was only a bitch in rookgaard during launch but this was due to the slow spawn-rate. Could easily get to main in less than an hour in 3x - again making rats drop more gold and what not would make this not too big of an issue, as well as increasing the ROOK spawn-rate. High EXP=short term server, which is not ideal and I do not like short term highrate servers.

-USA Dallas, Texas is probably the best place to host the server.
(can't compete with Tibianic, original tibia etc. and would be pointless to try when oldschool lacks a proper USA server)

-Customize paladins/knights if possible, since there will be wands right? Can you do light bolts and enchants and what not? On Iryont's RealOTS, there were no customization to knights/paladins in the beginning so it was like 90% mages or so.

-Advertising literally 30 days BEFORE the launch is crucial. Hopefully you don't make the mistake of giving people a 7 day notice = no hype.

-Try to get the RealOTS team to join your team. Decent is good at handling players, but that's basically it. Obviously don't give him any GM powers but it could still be a good thing even though he has a slight case of downs.

-If there is no anti-bot client, the server will be pointless.

But yeah, for the most part low-rate was not the issue for PvP players on RealOTS.. It was mainly the loot-rate which forced most people to PvP with exori vis/mort hur and manafluids.

You seem like a smart guy, hopefully you'll understand what I say will result in the best server possible. If it's high-rate AND high-loot it will not last long.

I'm thinking of:
  • 1~20 = 7x
  • 21~50 = 5x
  • 51~80 = 4x
  • 81~100 = 3x
  • 101~ = 2x
Some might say 2x at level 100 is too slow, too slow? You haven't played Aurera or Aurea it seems, besides the fact we can implement complete new areas, not just PoI like in old-fashioned RealOTs, we're able to do w/e we want to keep the fun.

I'm thinking of:
  • 1~20 = 7x
  • 21~50 = 5x
  • 51~80 = 4x
  • 81~100 = 3x
  • 101~ = 2x
Some might say 2x at level 100 is too slow, too slow? You haven't played Aurera or Aurea it seems, besides the fact we can implement complete new areas, not just PoI like in old-fashioned RealOTs, we're able to do w/e we want to keep the fun.
  • 1~8 = 7x
  • 8~20 = 5x
  • 21~50 = 4x
  • 51~80 = 3x
  • 81~ = 2x
also whatever rates you pick, i'd recommend going the mastercores route and changing the exp for levels and have a fixed exp rate, makes it less noticeable. no one likes watching their exp just drop =P

pls tell me if it's going to be usa or eu so i can either leave thread or stay and b happi

xoxo

pls tell me if it's going to be usa or eu so i can either leave thread or stay and b happi

xoxo

It's been discussed and it's going to be hosted in Netherlands, we have discussed the use of proxies like other RealOTs servers, I live in Venezuela (Latin America North) and my ping to the server is 135 ms, it isn't bad. Besides it's free to play, no donations, no money, no shop, etc ... If the server status goes well, we might reconsider and get a USA server.

But I haven't discussed the possibility of having a U.S server with my project partner, and I doubt it will happen, not on the first run at least.

• 1~8 = 7x
  • 8~20 = 5x
  • 21~50 = 4x
  • 51~80 = 3x
  • 81~ = 2x
also whatever rates you pick, i'd recommend going the mastercores route and changing the exp for levels and have a fixed exp rate, makes it less noticeable. no one likes watching their exp just drop =P

I like this idea, I will discuss it and I agree with you nobody likes seeing their experience rate drop :)

Back