• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Video Tutorials

Shadowsong

Game Developer & Graphic Designer
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
ShivaShadowsong

Hey guys!

As you know, I often make sprites and I figured - it wouldn't hurt if I recorded some easy work and posted it here to help you get an idea of how some things are made.
As a first tutorial in these series, I decided to record something easy - making a wall, a wooden wall.

Before you start with the tutorial, I'd highly recommend that you familiarize yourself with spriting via photoshop, what you can do by following my first tutorial! It explains all basic tools and helps you create your first stone! You can start with that tutorial here:

(text tutorial)

Alright, now that you're done with that, you can go on to the second tutorial which is a video. Just observe what I do, if some thing isn't clear, press pause or rewind a little then look closely again. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in this thread.

ADiWS.jpg

Try to be creative and use the knowledge from these tutorials to make a wood-stone wall or something similar, it doesn't have to be a regular wooden wall like I made. Remember - in spriting, everything is up to your imagination, and everything is possible :D

Note - all sprites posted in this thread (unless author specifically says otherwise) are forbidden to use without permission!!

-------------------
Useful resources (credits go to their original authors):

* Wall templates and short tutorial *

CcYbN.jpg

Thanks mate!
It's not the best quality, but it's a good technique to make wood for starters. I might later explain how to make good wood via only pixel-art (no brush) :3

Back