• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

View source of an infected file.

Ranyo13

ManCausingMayhem
Reaction score
Hey there,
To cut things short, I'm wondering if I can view the source of an infected file without opening it, or more specifically, without being infected by what's inside it.
Now this might seem dumb but, I wan't to know how it's coded and in what language (if it's possible)
I was viewing a site that popped an ad. and downloaded a .zip file that included an executable file automatically, which I'm sure is infected.
I was just curious if I could see how it's coded.
Thanks in advance,
Ranyo13

Hello,

to cut things short, if you're lazy: NO.

Otherwise: "Reverse Engineering for Beginners" free book < might be a great start.

Regards,
Okke
I'm not lazy, I've never been lazy.
I study computer engineering(still a sophomore) but I feel it's getting me nowhere to what I aim for or maybe I'm just rushing things.
I skimmed through the very first pages and I saw snaps of a language that I do not recognize.
Are you sure this is what I'm looking for?

If you study computers engineering then you wouldn‘t be asking such a question here. (;

You need to either decompile the binary and see what you can do with the result or rev engineer it with assembly, if you can.

Set a vm up if you‘re a scaredy cat.

Regards
Okke

If you study computers engineering then you wouldn‘t be asking such a question here. (;

You need to either decompile the binary and see what you can do with the result or rev engineer it with assembly, if you can.

Set a vm up if you‘re a scaredy cat.

Regards
Okke
As I mentioned, I'm still a sophomore, the few computer courses I'm having right now are just some c++ basics bullshit.
Why would I create a VM if I asked for a safe way to do it and you recommended reverse engineering?

You might need months to understand the complexity of a C programm when you read it out on assembly.

You won't get the code out the way it's been compiled.

Setting a VM up is the best way to check the structure without being scared about your bad microsoft system.

You might need months to understand the complexity of a C programm when you read it out on assembly.

You won't get the code out the way it's been compiled.

Setting a VM up is the best way to check the structure without being scared about your bad microsoft system.
Thanks.

Back