• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

VPS/Dedicated server lag with walking

FabianuH

Reaction score
Hello OTlanders!

I rented one dedicated server (i7, 16 gb ram, 250 mbps) and one virtual private server (2,4 ghz, 4 gb ram, 100 mbps);

I compiling server in dedicated and VPS, and have lag with walking in both.

I dont install anything after compiling servers...

I changed the operating system.
I changed the distro (TFS, OTX, OTSERV).

please help me! :(

The lag is most likely not caused by your dedi/vps but rather by a buggy tfs build or crashing scripts in your server.

Or simply bad connection between you and your server/VPS. Did you measure ping times?

Ping test:
Ping stats for 158.69.23.149:
Packages: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% of
Loss
Approximate a number of times in milliseconds:
Minimum = 206ms, Maximum = 249ms, Average = 223ms

Do not understand it :|

Well, that measurement is enough to have lags guaranteed. You need to look for the problem, maybe it's your connection, maybe you chose a wrong location or a wrong provider.

i know others servers hosted in same company... servers no have lag in walking!
have a custom configurations in network? TCP? UDP?

you prefer i send for you username and password to connect a dedicated server; and analyze more closer.

If not it's all right.. :p

No, I won't be connecting to your server.

So when you are playing on a different server at the same data center you don't have lags?

i know others servers hosted in same company... servers no have lag in walking!
have a custom configurations in network? TCP? UDP?

you prefer i send for you username and password to connect a dedicated server; and analyze more closer.

If not it's all right.. :p
the further away you are from the host, the worse your ping will be.
maybe other servers have the location for their host closer to you, and maybe you picked something further away

Back