• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

*Want to have less lag? Want to be lagless?, Heres one answer to your question

Pro Warbringer

Retired with developing
Reaction score
All credits to God Qut (Joel) the outcast.no-ip.org owner.

It helped me for a few FPS (1~2) but to other people it jumped from 12FPS on 7.6 to 50 on 7.6 client

Hello, I would like to introduce these TCP/IP tweaks and computer cleaning programs to you all. (NEW TRICK TO MAKE YOURSELF MOVE FASTER)

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AFTER DOING THESE CHANGES, AFTER DOING A RESTART THEY WILL TAKE A REAL EFFECT.

+

I suggest everybody to download TEAMVIEWER (TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet) and ask for personal assistance from me. I will do this to anybody who wants it.

NEWEST EVER;
These things are meant exactly for gaming where kind of small packets are sent with a highspeed, these things will help alot, I can assure you.

Goto run --> regedit

There go through this path; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters

When you are at "Parameters", you do this;
Add a new DWORD value:
TCPNoDelay

Then set its hexademical value to 1. Set its value to 1, said in an easier way.

ANOTHER ONE;

Find this path; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\(THE FOLDER WHERE YOU SEE DHCPIPADDRESS)

Add a new DWORD value:
TcpDelAckTicks
Dont set this ones value, it is supposed to be 0. Do not change the value. Let it be as it is after you added it.

BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER TO BOOT AFTER DOING THESE CHANGES.

NEW;Werent you able to do it all by your own? Do you need personal help? Well, contact me, God qut and ask for personal assistance. We are able to do things for you by controlling you remotely with a program.
Download this program and ask for assistance;
TeamViewer Download

NEW; THESE THINGS ARE FOR ADVANCED COMPUTER USERS WHO UNDERSTAND SOMETHING ABOUT TWEAKING THE TCP/IP PROTOCOL, BY DOING THESE, YOU TWEAK YOUR INTERNETS SPEED INTO ITS MAX, IT CANNOT BE FASTER THAN THIS.

SpeedGuide.net :: Windows 2k/XP Registry Tweaks

(A program which you can use for tweaking);
SpeedGuide.net :: TCP Optimizer / Downloads

Other kinds of tweaking tools;
SpeedGuide.net :: BroadBand Tools

By using those and tweaking it well and correctly, you can use all the speed you got.

NEW; I SUGGEST EVERYBODY TO DO THIS IF YOU WANT TO BE UBER FAST
When I still played CS actively, I configured my keyboard a bit. I always wondered what was so different when I tested other computers keyboards. Well a few guys reminded me about this. A trick that will help your character move alot faster. Do this and you will feel the difference;

First, if you are using Windows, press "Start". Then goto "Control Panel".
There you see a section called "Printers and other devices /// Keyboards and other devices"
Press that and then press "Keyboard".
When you have pressed Keyboard, a thing like this opens up;
http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=o...efuckersyx5.gif
In the screenshot, Lyhyt means = "SHORT / SMALL"
Also, Nopea means = "Fast / Quick"
So, you set "Playback/repititon delay" to as SHORT/SMALL as possible.
Then you set the lower one "Playback/repition velocity/speed" to as FAST/QUICK as possible.

Just set them as they are set in this picture if you didnt understand what I just wrote and you will be alot faster in moving on your tibia character.

Another trick is a well known one;
When you are moving, you push ESC and the arrow keys very fast, which will help you in moving to the way you want without stopping.

First of all, one of the main things to keep your PC clean, is to scan it with programs.
If you want your PC to be faster, your internet to be faster, there are multiple things to be done. First, I would suggest you to clean your computer, entirely.

Here are some programs for cleaning your registry (its damn important to keep it clean), for cleaning your PC from viruses, for cleaning your PC for other kinds of bad software parts.

This is probably one of the most well known virus scanners;
Ad-aware ( I suggest you all to download this );
http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2008/3000...4-10045910.html

This is another amazingly professional program which will clean your PC from all kinds of advertisement programs and viruses and such.

Spybot; Search & Destroy ( I suggest you all to download this );
http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Dest...4-10122137.html

This one cleans your PC from the trashes and such, it cleans your registry aswell. It is very important. It also cleans all the useless shit off and deletes them.

Ccleaner ( I suggest you all to download this );
CCleaner - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

This one does it aswell, but more accurately, because it only focuses on the registry itself.

Tweaknow Cleaner ( I suggest you all to download this );
http://www.download.com/TweakNow-RegCleane...4-10262639.html

All these DOWNLOAD.COM links are 100% safe, you can read from the page that ever and each file has been perfectly secured to prevent all these shitty things. It is one of the worlds best download sites.

Remember to keep your computer up-to-date.

Download the latest Windows updates; !!! YOU NEED TO USE INTERNET EXPLORER TO DO THIS !!!

Microsoft Windows Update

To ensure the best graphic performance, you have to download the latest DirectX updates.

DirectX User Update;
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

+

Keep your Graphic-Card drivers up-to-date aswell.
You can search the correct ones from this link if you got nVidia;
Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Now, also, IF YOU WANT AN EASY TO USE ANTIVIRUS, I SUGGEST AVAST FOR YOU ALL. IT IS SERIOUSLY THE BEST ANTIVIRUS I HAVE EVER USED. IT IS SO EASY TO USE AND SO EASY TO HAVE, IT DOES NOT TAKE YOUR COMPUTER PERFORMANCE EITHER. IT IS ONE OF THE BEST FREE ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARES FOR SURE.

Time to tweak some TCP/IP protocol.

These things should make you more lagless and maybe increase your FPS a bit.

->Open Run
->Type in >>regedit<< (without >><<)
->Then, open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
->SYSTEM
->CURRENT CONTROL SET
->Services
->Tcpip
->Parameters
->Interfaces
->Now, look in each folder and find a line called >>DHCPIPADRESS<< (without >><<)
->Right click somewhere(NOT at the folders list NOR entry values)
->NEW DWORD
->Name it EXACTLY LIKE THIS: "TcpAckFrequency" (without "")
->Right click it
->MODIFY
->Set Value To 1, Hexadecimal

Reboot your network and enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next trick is known very well. Tired of all those annoying icons in your system tray? Start->Run->Type in >>msconfig<< (without >><<)
Now, click on the last tab. There you go, all the programs that are booting along with your Windows are shown here. Hope this helps.

Credits to Glavey for bringing these things up on our forum. I took them from his thread to make a bigger and an easier help for people. I hope you can take something out of all this.

Now, some more TCP / IP tweaking.

Now, about QoS Packet Scheduler

"A feature exclusive to Windows 2000 and Windows XP is the Quality of Service Packet Scheduler, a component of the TCP/IP stack that's installed by default. QoS, as it's commonly abbreviated, controls the rate of flow for various network services. It's not terribly useful unless you're using apps which are QoS-aware or running a server, so you can gain some network overhead back by turning it off. "

That text was taken from Extremetechs homepage.

This is how you disable it;

Press "Start". Then press "Control Panel". In the Control Panel you see "Network Connections", press it. When you are there, press the certain internet connection that you are using by USING YOUR MOUSES RIGHT CLICK. Then press properties and UNtick the "QoS Packet Scheduler", meaning, take the "X" off from the "QoS Packet Scheduler" box. Then press Ok. Restart your connection and you are done.

This is a picture of where you should be and what should have been done.
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: asdasdddhr2.gif

Are you done now? If you are, that is good.

You can find more tweaks and help from the following pages;
SpeedGuide.net :: The Broadband Guide
&
ExtremeTech - Computer Hardware and Software News, Reviews, and Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
lol one at flyff said that program to me
when i scanned it it was an virus in it
+ he tryed to scam me, he said write your acc then i write mine

scann it before you install it

Well most of the programs are from very trustfull websites and few are from Microfts website either so dont worry im not gonna scam you or something lol
if i wanted to i would do something interestinger

good luck, that uninstaller for SP3 from add/remove has a 1% chance of actually working (it has never worked for me, on any of the X [5+] pc's ive tried on.. :p)

btw...
much easier.. :p
just extract >> double-click on the file and press "YES" on the warning >> delete the file

source:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters]
"TCPNoDelay"=dword:01

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENT CONTROL SET\Services\tcpip\parameters\interfaces\DHCPIPADRESS]
"TcpAckFrequency"=dword:01"

edit: @SP3 if that add/remove method didnt work and you wanna try again, this might give some help
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249

Attachments

Last edited:
How could network tweaks affect FPS (Frames per Second)?
Did you mean lag / ping?

or, maybe that the FPS update is based on the number of recived packets on most games that constantly needs updated map?
(btw,
off-topic: UNLIKE WOW! wow made a "spare ALOT of bandiwth" system that only update when an other player/monster around you move or actually change, so you can actually walk around big fields without using a single kb bandwidth for a while :eek:)

btw, i think this make bigger cpu usage on *internet drivers* tho send/recive packets should go faster :p

Whats the point of updating the map around you, if the game havent recived any new packets containing any new information about your surroundings, and have't *moved your face in diffrent direction* or so to say (impossible in tibia anyhow tho)

well there are something for the FPS and the IP/TCP so please read.. and then subscribe the thread..

Back