• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Would you play Tibia with a different view perspective?

GaTToX

Reaction score
Hey! Hope you all are doing well

I have started working on a side project to create from zero a tibia-like game but with new technologies to be able to use high quality sprites for outfits and the map and I would like to get feedback before taking a path.

The big problem of making a new game is the Game Art (I'm a developer so the code part is doable for me). Out there are cheap game asset with high quality with top down / isometric perspective but tibia uses a non common one called "Ortho 45 degree perspective" so the only assets that you could find with that perspective on internet are the Tibia's ones (32 / 64px). So I was wondering if you would play Tibia if the outfit and the map would be top-down like this image with sprites like this ?. You would still have floors but the only one you could see is the one you are on and not the ones above / below you like in tibia.

test1.png

The perfect solution would be to find an artist that can draw tibia-like (ortho 45 degree perspective) game assets with the quality like the image above. Do you know one ?

I left a video with the testing I have been doing. BTW By doing a game with a different perspective I would lose the effect that you see in the tower in the video.

How important is that effect for you to play tibia ?

It depends on a game, not perspective. But Ultima/Tibia perspective is unique and I would like to see some games using it, to get that different feeling than any other 2d games.

Game like this has already been made, they have over 10,000 daily online players.

Back