• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What could be the best solution for resistance difference for each vocation?

What solution you like the best?

• Vocation only Gear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Extra stat for Gear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

whitevo

Feeling good, thats what I do.
Solutions
Reaction score
Im slowly working on custom attributes on my server, but i'm not sure what is the best way to display the outcome.

In my server i want that Druids and Sorcerer have more Elemental resistance overall, because these vocations gotta dodge lot of elemental damage to survive.
And Knights and hunters will have more Extra armor and defense values against Physical damage.

So there is few possible solutions i though of, but not sure what path to take.
1. Vocation Passives:
All vocations have passives
Vocation passive effect is: (some kind of formula what includes levels and skills)*resistance from gear.
Example: Item has 20% fire resistance.
Player is Sorcerer or Druid: level is 10. (lets say each level gives 1% extra resistance multiplier)
Player is Knight or Hunter: level is 10. (lets say each level gives -1% extra resistance multiplier)

Sorcs and Druid will get total 22% fire resistance from that item.
Hunters and Knights will get total 18% fire resistance from that item.

This solution might get hard to keep under control.

2. Vocation only gear:

Only specific vocation can wear this item.

3. Extra stat for gear:
On item there is extra description something like: +10% fire resistance to Sorcerers or Druids

4. Or you got even better idea?

Do it all, give the players hella options for customizing their characters, if balancing isn't an issue why not make as many options as possible...? Do passives, vocation specific gear, gear that changes per vocation, you could do an attribute system too, crafting, loot item tiers, everything. Do it all of you are confident you can do it and make it work...

Back