• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What happened to Open-Tibia?

I remember in the old days, there were competitions among server developers.

Neverland (especially this was the TFS of the old days)
CrazyToko
Brabexia
Survival
Ghettobird
YurOts
DevLand
Coldflamez
The Forgotten Server
Evolutions

Ahh:p
I miss Yurots and Neverland! So fun to play them:D

Agree 100% with what you say, but lets be real on this world you mostly do nothing with out money, so there is the first reason kids this days do this :/, and by complaining you wont get into any place :/.
I rly miss your mapping neon and I'm sad cuz I will never be able to play in one of your maps, such an skill wasted cuz of kids this days?
I by my self tried to get working my own Fully Custom server but cuz of lack of good people willing to help to get Custom servers and cuz every one just want money could not do it :/. so ye im 100% with you no more Open-Tibia its sad, but if good guys like you leave there's no more hope :/

:FateOnOpenTibiaComiunityLost:

What do you guys call "kids"? Kids by age or kids by maturity or kids of the "new generation"? I mean it's not only the kids of the new generation that's having donations in their server is it, or am I wrong?
I mean, I'm a kid of age (don't ask which age) and maybe of the new generation too (I've been in ot since 7.6, started creating one at 8.0), but I'm doing a custom otserv cus it's fun 2 to sprite and script, then accomplishing something. I've got some unique and nice ideas for my ot, and when I finish them, I feel good, cus I think I've accomplished something new, due to the reason that I'm a kid, and (should) have less knowledge than the most of you "mature" guys here.

But when I can't seem to create the idea I have, I seek help here, and you decide whether or not you'll help me.

Though I'm not really serious about my ot, I'm still doing it cus it's fun and when it suits me, not for when it's actually finished.
If you'll stop helping me because of that I'm not serious, then sure, I won't bother you anymore.

We know, OTs is dead. But what about mapping as a hobby? :(

Btw, I visited a friend couple of days ago and he was playing this really hard rpg game on xbox called Dark Souls... Play that shiiiit, its tehh bommbbb!

I agree, that's why I stopped working on servers because nobody wants to play a server that is fully custom that took years to develop. They want to play a real map with an edited town or 2. I don't waste my time helping people anymore unless I know that they're doing something rather than a download, run, and add donations to. I think it's complete bullshit that people are making ots the way they are today. Elf, Edlinworld, and Talatauren made amazing servers FROM SCRATCH. and now people want to abuse what they've done to gain progress? I think that the Realmap should be banned from OT-Land imo. Allowing the posting of real map servers and things of that nature is completely ruining the ot community to me. If we would ban it it would do 1 of 2 things. 1 everyone would leave to another forum where it would be allowed. or 2 it would force people to bring back the old ot community where people did things to better the community not suck it dry of money. If people would stop spending $20 here $20 there on servers that last 2 days and they put it into the development of TFS think about how much better it could be. Talatauren and everyone could work on it more steady instead of a side job. But to me I don't even see why they still work on it people use the server and never give any credits where they are due. People may know that TFS is made by the team but they deserve more than they are actually getting.

BRING BACK REAL OTS NOT REAL MAPS.

I don't know much about the "old days" because I wasn't on otland back then. But I have to agree it annoys me deeply to see people using support or request threads not as guidance but as a way to letting other people doing the work for them. At the same time I see some people getting so annoyed by this that they don't want to help anyone anymore and just ended up flaming help threads.

However, for me this isn't really a demotivation. At the end the reason why I make maps, scripts and sprites is because I like it and I want to learn more about it.
There will probable always be people who develope an OT for a total different reason then that they like to do it. But at the end, most of them don't accomplish much, and even if they do, if you enjoy making an OT, then this shouldn't be a reason to stop, just keep enjoying it and don't let the fact that some people see OTs just as a way to get money demotivate you. Because after all, you work on OTs because you like it.

And about the spoonfeeding, best way is probable just stop helping them if it's obvious someone is only trying to let other people do the work for them instead of that they are trying to learn anything.

Last edited:
You cannot expect OpenTibia to not change, even Tibia has changed drastically the last years because of various reasons. You are also still allowed to create non-profitable server yourself, no one will stop you from doing that. I also noticed that you've been apart of some great projects, if E7 would had finished I could guarantee that it would get players, all it took was for you to actually finish it. However, I agree that people who only create servers to earn a bit of money are doing it for the wrong reasons, but there is nothing we can do about it so just look the other way.

Agreed. When i hosted my last server (about 1 year ago) i didnt use donation. I simply put a site up, started the ot, fixed the bugs from what i know, went searching for problems, and have developed skills by my own knowledge and understanding. Now i think the problem is that ots are now run by 10 year olds and played by 19 year olds where before it was the other way around >.<

If we want RPG servers, go join a team.

DO NOT BE SHY. <- If you're shy and don't join a team, it'll probably fail which leads to no server.

Take a look at Scarlet Horn, I haven't seen anything from them lately. Someone needs to step up and create a awesome server.
I know a couple of servers that has the potential to be good, Ascalon and Temuair and some more.

Everyone is greedy.

The new generation is only looking for money and nothing else. They're only looking for money.

If we want RPG servers, go join a team.

DO NOT BE SHY. <- If you're shy and don't join a team, it'll probably fail which leads to no server.

Take a look at Scarlet Horn, I haven't seen anything from them lately. Someone needs to step up and create a awesome server.
I know a couple of servers that has the potential to be good, Ascalon and Temuair and some more.

Everyone is greedy.

The new generation is only looking for money and nothing else. They're only looking for money.

Not everybody :wub:

Its obvious that people want to get payed for their work, but i say the people back few years ago + are the ones who truly deserve the money now for doing all the work they did then for free! It was all about having fun then, now only about bein the best as more tibia players get cockier and cockier :p

A big reason to why there's such a few custom servers nowadays is that there's no good "base" custom servers. Nowadays you have do everything to get a custom server, back in the days there were already a couple of custom maps including mobs/features, nowadays you can only download a clean TFS serv, a real map including everything needed (ofcourse this is the easiest thing to launch and get successful, so ofcourse it's going to be the most popular) and a couple of evo servers. In 7.6 there were real maps, armonia, illusion, eldinworld, yurot, neverland, darkonia all which were ready to launch and you didn't have to do as much as you do today to get a custom server.

You can't just blame the players, they don't have a lot of choice to chose something different than a real map since there is almost no alternatives to the server owners and back in the days there was a lot of alternatives to the server owner. Maps and servers made from scratch were never that popular (not today and they weren't 5 years ago either), just a few couple of custom maps reach many players)- the majority of the players wants something that they are used to and back in the day ot players were used to those custom maps like yurots.

Last edited:
Alright here's my little life story.. When I was 10 I used to live in venezuela [didn't know english] And there.. compared to here in the u.s. school is much harder, I used to study every night, write 3 or 4 pages every day on notebooks, had to do projects basically every week, and I'd still get good grades, then I moved to the U.S, I had to learn the language and still do my homework without knowing what the questions were, I'd spend 4 hours doing a 20 question homework, I managed to get good grades aswell, hell even one of the highest is most of my classes, nowadays that I've learnt the language, everything is too easy, I haven't studied in 4 years, I have never sat on my bed reading chapters of my textbooks, because once the teacher taught us, it was too easy for me, I started slacking off and I've dropped my grades, but then I realized this, and started paying more attention, doing all my homeworks and stuff like that, and still without studying I'm getting highest grades... I thought... fuck yeah school will be a breeze for me, but then last year I got an English teacher, she was strict, gave alot of hard homeworks and constantly made us do projects, I was on the edge of failing that class because I was used to the easy stuff, but then I actually studied things she said, I reviewed my notes, I payed more attention, I seeked for her help, and managed to pass..

tl;dr: I had an easy school life, always good grades, until a strict teacher showed up, almost failed, picked up my slack, stopped being lazy, and managed to pass

I honestly think open tibia started to diminish when Gesior's premium shop script was released, it honestly made it so every single server that uses his AAC has some form of donation items that you can buy with money. It's been a while since I saw a server without a donation or 'SHOP-ITEM' system with extremely over powered items.. it's kinda sad.

Wall of text incoming, but I suggest you read.

Speaking of the days in the past when even Tibia itself was good, the only thing that tempted me to join the OT community was curiosity. Those who have any creativity and generally like(d) the game, probably then understood that by OT, they could make ANYTHING they want out of their favorite game. Now this sole idea brought me into OTs, 'cause I always yearned for creating instead of consuming. I am utmostly convinced that if there was something to give this motivation and a spark, like Tibia was before, to the newcomers - they would think of it the same way I explained. However, Tibia became such shit, I don't even... It lost 2/3 of its player base, barely anyone new joins the game, and even those who do will either quit soon, or continue playing to an extent - but hardly ever find their way to the OT communities. Those who quit are gone, those who are here are slowly losing hope, and new people are not coming - and this leads to extinction in other words.

Now with that in mind, we need to change our way from losing hope and giving up, and prevent the 'newfags' from ruining everything. It's a pity to see you (Neon) waste your mapping talent and give up for this reason. But you shouldn't have done that. If you, and anyone else who's doubting or complaining, just opened your eyes - there's hundreds of people with ideas, and projects that are hanging on a cliff, waiting for someone to actually help them since they can't do everything alone. There's graphic design, mapping, scripting, storywriting, etc... HUNDREDS of things that anyone can at least start doing if they already haven't, shit is not THAT hard, and knowledge comes with will and time. Whoever's reading this, if you are not in a project, don't even fucking bother complaining here, rather press this and look for something you could help and be serious about, and be the one to create those "custom OTs" that you all speak about. If there were people willing to work on at least half of really good projects I've read about, we would have so much to choose from here and so much to admire.

(Before you bring shit on me, I tried working both in team and alone, I fill and have certain knowledge of all of those roles I listed, and I do have my own custom OT).

Exactly! This is what i was trying to achieve in my original "stop creating ots and join a project" thread. On phone so its gay getting links etc so search yourself if you wish.

We need more giving than taking. If there are no new "givers" the maybe we (custom developers) should swallow our pride and join a less popular project. There are 100s of custom projects and about 5% ever see the light of day. So join them and we will see that number rise to 20% then 50% then soon every decent custom ot will be released!!!!

Alright here's my little life story.. When I was 10 I used to live in venezuela [didn't know english] And there.. compared to here in the u.s. school is much harder, I used to study every night, write 3 or 4 pages every day on notebooks, had to do projects basically every week, and I'd still get good grades, then I moved to the U.S, I had to learn the language and still do my homework without knowing what the questions were, I'd spend 4 hours doing a 20 question homework, I managed to get good grades aswell, hell even one of the highest is most of my classes, nowadays that I've learnt the language, everything is too easy, I haven't studied in 4 years, I have never sat on my bed reading chapters of my textbooks, because once the teacher taught us, it was too easy for me, I started slacking off and I've dropped my grades, but then I realized this, and started paying more attention, doing all my homeworks and stuff like that, and still without studying I'm getting highest grades... I thought... fuck yeah school will be a breeze for me, but then last year I got an English teacher, she was strict, gave alot of hard homeworks and constantly made us do projects, I was on the edge of failing that class because I was used to the easy stuff, but then I actually studied things she said, I reviewed my notes, I payed more attention, I seeked for her help, and managed to pass..

tl;dr: I had an easy school life, always good grades, until a strict teacher showed up, almost failed, picked up my slack, stopped being lazy, and managed to pass

I like it, because it is off-topic as phuck!
Well good thing you picked yourself up and did good in school. I passed High School with a .89 average(Lowest anyone can get.). No one could ever argue my superior intellect that I posses, Even with my head injury that I got back in Elementary, I was running once and I tripped, when I fell I had superficially stabbed myself with a pencil(was holding a pencil on my hand), it entered on the side "temple"(Not sure if right word)it was only through the skin, but consecutively hit the side of my head hard against the ground.

Scariest moment of my life, but wen I calmed down, I had noticed, that I have forgotten many things, the only thing I knew was my parents on only one of their phone numbers(My father's), ever since that I have had always had a memory problem, I can't retain for too long and it requires a long time of "imprint" to completely memorize something.

I only got bad grades, because I used to cut a lot of classes, they were actually very boring and too easy, all my teachers would scold and lecture me alot because they always said, "you being alot smarter than most and you waste your time cutting class.". But, in the end, I regret not doing my best, getting accepted into college is arduous, I once went and they made me take a small questionnaire and test to evaluate what I knew and I got access to Advanced classes in that college specially in the English Subject, but like a dumb ass I blew it, because it was boring and easy, instead of taking advantage that they where easy, I just got disappointed and stopped going to it.

On topic, I agree with SyntheticX, OT got worst when something like the Premium Shop got released.
Comes to show, "Evil results can come out of good intentions.".

@Up
Lets be real also, you cant keep up with a good host if you don't get someone some income :/(Not every one has money to do it)

@Up
Lets be real also, you cant keep up with a good host if you don't get someone some income :/(Not every one has money to do it)
You can also think like what other people did and earn money in a different way then host your server... i.e, learn some programming/scripting language, contribute to the community, and then you might get donations depending on how good your work is... I have written a tutorial over here to learn C and C++ but too bad, not many has interest, otherwise, I would be updating it.

Last edited:
Back