• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What happened to Open-Tibia?

Seems like 3 of you dislike my post, let's see you own Talaturen's server. I WANNA SEE SOME BIG CHALLENGE

Tala got a RL MAP ghostx got a custom server ofc rl map wins over custom -.-

Who said ima own it? Can only 1 server be good?! Thats ludacris. My server will be great because it will keep the player entertained.

Tala got a RL MAP ghostx got a custom server ofc rl map wins over custom -.-
And? It doesn't matter, what matters is: how good the scripting/donation system is (atleast that's what the OT community care about atm)

So fuck donations. If that is what most the community are like then why do i want them
on my server? Always scamming and cheating etc. i'd rather have 20 legit players than 600 shit ones.

There's a saying - it's better to have no friends than lots of fake ones

Dude i dont think if i got best mapper on my team best scripter on my team best BALANCE DONATE best story writer on a custom server

And a rl map that just download edit it done run it 200 players LOL??

- - - Updated - - -

But darkonia will be good!

Dude i dont think if i got best mapper on my team best scripter on my team best BALANCE DONATE best story writer on a custom server

- - - Updated - - -

But darkonia will be good!
My face when download and edit. No, talaturen put much time on his server, that's why it's successfull...

ahha if i put down like 2 years to my server will it be 200 players on a custom map?? NO BEC pepole dont know what custom is they dont understand the system they only understand rl tibia start go to rotworm hmm lvl dragon hmm then frost dragon hmm then lvl lvl pk done

1292569185777.jpg

ahha if i put down like 2 years to my server will it be 200 players on a custom map?? NO BEC pepole dont know what custom is they dont understand the system they only understand rl tibia start go to rotworm hmm lvl dragon hmm then frost dragon hmm then lvl lvl pk done
I have to agree with this, no matter how good a real map server is, its still just a copy of something that one already knows its good, a custom server on the other hand requires people to explore, which 95% of OT players don't like to do, hence the lack of players which make them look bad..

Sorri, not enough IQ to make your own server, please try again later.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

the problem is the IQ of the players, not the creators
Not IQ, people aren't retarded in that sense, they're just lazy as fuck and are used to things being served fast. An awesome custom map with teleports will get a lot of players, reason simply being things are served for them.

Not IQ, people aren't retarded in that sense, they're just lazy as fuck and are used to things being served fast. An awesome custom map with teleports will get a lot of players, reason simply being things are served for them.
I just mentioned IQ for the same reason Fallen did regarding creators

Okey this is gay why you all say Custom servers will never get more than 200 players?
i remember when Kingdom Age First open they got 200 on the beta stage, and in the first day of their opening they got to many connections that they need to get a new dedicated AFAP they went for 200 players until the very end, so there is potential on Customs the problem is Developers lazy ASS'S

Whenever there's a problem or change it stems from the bottom up..

Players are more attracted to these high exp/donor servers than a low exp one. Also let's not be so quick to judge the "new comers".. we were all once them. I remember when i joined the Ot community back in 7.4 i didn't know much but people helped me along.

Now if some "noob" asks a question that's obvious to everyone BUT HIM he's flamed and called out about it. What im trying to say is the Open tibia community right now is filled with assholes. Older members act so superior to some users how in the world do you expect things to get good? Don't believe me? Take a non-biased look at the support section.

Just cause you know more, been here longer doesn't give you the right to act superior to people who are simply asking for help. I mean some members need to realize not every person who wants to start a server or even get involved in the OT community is a lua/xml/c++/php expert or even knows jack shit about it. Of course this doesn't mean everyone.. and im sure it'll upset people but if it does it's the truth.

But that's the other thing, everyone and their mother wants to start a server, or an Ot fansite/forums.. the community itself is so spread apart. People are starting projects and leaving them, even discontinued tools/distros and when that happens servers are more likely to become bugged. Can't blame anyone, people get tired of this and move along.

Back in the day i was an avid member of tibiafans and i enjoyed the competition between the two main fansites back than. I remember people like Zubin & Black Swordsmen who we're a huge help to Ots back than. They all left cause well.. Tibia isn't going anywhere special.

Just my rant lol..

Okey this is gay why you all say Custom servers will never get more than 200 players?
i remember when Kingdom Age First open they got 200 on the beta stage, and in the first day of their opening they got to many connections that they need to get a new dedicated AFAP they went for 200 players until the very end, so there is potential on Customs the problem is Developers lazy ASS'S

I wouldn't say it's due to lazyness, there's alot on here that have developed something big, it's more due to there unimaginative ass, recycling the same old shit & not putting any sort of base logic into there maps or story.

Back