• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What happened to Open-Tibia?

In addition to Fallen's post; you don't have to use the donation shop system.
Do what CipSoft has done recently, a promotion week.

For example, in a specific week, anyone that donates 10$ gets a special outfit/mount, item, emblem, spell, ect. But this only happens in this specific week, after the 7th day, all payments are closed off.

If all donations were plainly cosmetic, I assume there would be no complaints at all since they don't actually affect players in a way where they modify their power. As soon as that part gets involved, fuck it - 0/10.

Well we all know that cipsoft maps and donation items have ruined the fun of OTs. I would like to have back the old days, but I do not only think that the current money-farming-generation is the only problem. I think it's not really needed to write down the problems, because we all know damn good what the problems are. I want to write some options which might help bringing back projects alife.

Scripts
My biggest problem is that I am not able to make my own scripts / don't know the people who are able to make scripts the community wants / can't find the right tutorial to learn the basics to scripts. I really went stuck on that part and I don't got the time / don't know where to find the right sites to learn it.

Hidden mapping pieces
On the other hand I think that alot of mapping pieces are hidden or lost in older posts, meaning I am not able to find them or I just simply don't know if there are any pieces I want to get inspired by, by creating my own piece. I realise, the same goes for scripts.

Simple community projects
Further I think that nowadays creating an OT takes to much time on your own. This, while lot's of people are trying to create their own servers with custom maps/scripts/scripts/etc. Resulting in to the fact that their server loses the tibia perspective and they aren't able to find other team members who wants to create a same server like that. Conclusion: people needs to make custom servers which are just like cipsoft to make their server not fail and to find other members to help them.

Great that Zisly already started a project like this.

Better categorisations of extensions.
Finally I think that the tibia updates are going really fast. This means that the mapeditor needs to get updated almost monthly. Insteed of the right extensions, every new sprite is just at "others". The auto-bordering list also needs to be updated. 1) will result in to hard to find items. 2) Aint sure, but I think remere's mapeditor can't handle to much items in the others pallets. If you go there, the mapeditor will crash. On the other hand mappers have to work longer on pieces (with detailling) until they are finished making one. Creating a whole server will take longer then.

Great to see Perodixe, Kokoko and others are already helping Remere with the organisation.

Conclusions
  • We need a section / a database with a huge amount of sample scripts, to let not-scripters be able to edit those scripts and to move on working on their project.
  • A better section (or even a new website) for mapping showoffs, to make it easier to find mapping pieces.
  • Simple projects, based on the tibia perspective (without to many custom edits).
  • Better categorisation of the extensions of remere's mapeditor.

Last edited:
Yes, good old days playin' PlayStation 1 (Metal Gear Solid, Crash Bandicoot)...

[video=youtube;ekqYhP8PhMg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekqYhP8PhMg[/video]

Nostalgia!
The top comment says it all: "Will the disc work...please.." :D

That intro is EPIC bro...

Remember all night playin' Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3....

- - - Updated - - -

Best Game (in my opinion) of PlayStation 1

The best game ever, Castlevania - Symphony of the Night
[video=youtube;o-TPhBIuTJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-TPhBIuTJc[/video]

Golden Age!

@Fallen
LoL Im just making an statement. I am against all that shit :/ I'm what many could say a Mapping Pro I love to create maps and i could release them but i would not cuz they will end up on some shity server and will be a waste of it

Also mapping is fucking overrated. Aslong as your map doesn't look like complete shit the players won't give a fuck about how the map looks.
If everyone put as much time as they did mapping on doing scripts for the community or improving tfs it would be so much better and we wouldn't have to wait 2 months for someone to upgrade it to the newest prot.

In the end it's all about gameplay, noone will stay on your server because the map is awesome or whatvr. Sure a good map is a + but it's not important by any means. Go look at any popular custom server, they've put much time into scripts/custom features and the map doesn't even look good. exmples: collapser/unline

It's a shame that most of the people here focuses on making an awesome map then ignoring scripts/spells/npcs and important things you need for the players to actually enjoy the server. Ofcourse your server won't be successful.

Last edited:
are you sure map has noting to do with it?
most Gamers like not only the story or game-play of a game, we like how it looks, we as mappers do crapy 2D game as it is tibia looks better than what it is. don't know how long have you been on this community but back on those days when Custom servers where awesome you look for a server with a decent map not because the EXP was high either cuz they got a real map you look for something new to explore.
About a year ago a Custom server came to life Kingdom Age was the server it was AWESOME!, the map was stunning the scripts were OMG, only problem was the Staff members they were all BRs and had many problems IN-STAFF.

so before you say map is overrated you need to know Map is a big deal.

And you are wrong those Custom servers who have ppl its cuz there is a bunch of KIDS with money to spend in a item they get +100 lvls or DMG or what ever thats why those server get PPL online, so again before you say something do your research.

@Fallen
LoL Im just making an statement. I am against all that shit :/ I'm what many could say a Mapping Pro I love to create maps and i could release them but i would not cuz they will end up on some shity server and will be a waste of it
You could still make money off it^^ perhaps sell maps or make a job app that you're going to create maps for a good server n map for them?ez

Nope i would not sell them, and acctualy Im helping Necronia New World, Kingdom Age, and mapping some how for mine Agathor. soo.

If i could find a server that uses the current Tibia updates with an attitude/mentality from days like 7.6.. id call it close to perfect. People are more focused on the dollar amount nowadays.. it's a shame really.

If you have donations just have it as that. I.e no shop.

My server will have donation option but no matter of how much you donate you will unlock a new mount and outfit. The only buyable thing from
donation would be a premium account (infinite). So what if i don't get regular donations i don't need the money to host it as i can afford hosting no problem. Donations would be like financial aid as it should. All work i do i would never want money for it. I have mapped in several projects and when told i will get the excess sonations split to me i said no. Money is not As essential to live as made out. Money is a way to control and limit people to certain things and i, for one do not depend or wish to ever depend on it.

Tibia it self is a slow progressing game, sure every now and than they throw in some new graphic/creatures and call it a major update.. But so many other games have come from behind and overtaken tibia in terms of popularity and gameplay.

Much of the people who created distro releases back than and other things have left tibia. They've outgrown it, can't blame them.

Back