• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What happened with Otfans.net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jero_

Reaction score
What is these site all about? Seeing bunch of crackers around here which ain't know knowledge about Tibia. 99% of the members here started playing with Tibia @ 9.0+ version.

Where are the good gold old days where Otfans.net was the nr #1 forum.
Remember with Yorick, SimOne, Zeldon etc. The real die hards, where did they go to?

I do not see any crackers here.
Is there any point in creating the thread? Those guys are probably not here anymore..

My point is, as I am a legend of the old Merania 2002-2006, where did the other legends go to. 99% of the people here posting stuff which isn't even compatible anymore. For example I am now setting up an OT Server, should be done in 5 minutes. Still searching for a compatible AAC. Sigh......

This kind of thread just shows how delusional the original poster is.
99% of the people here started Tibia at 9.0+? Where did you get that bizarre statistic?

What, are you expecting people to be here forever? I obviously don't.

Developing OT now is far much better than it was back in the days, trust me, I know what the hell I am saying.
I've been on OTFans for a very very long time, even been a moderator, I can easily see the difference between then and now.

This kind of thread just shows how delusional the original poster is.
99% of the people here started Tibia at 9.0+? Where did you get that bizarre statistic?

What, are you expecting people to be here forever? I obviously don't.

Developing OT now is far much better than it was back in the days, trust me, I know what the hell I am saying.
I've been on OTFans for a very very long time, even been a moderator, I can easily see the difference between then and now.
Lol dude, delusional? Serious, ? You should be the counselor of the Dr. Phil show...

Ontopic:

Your quote: "Developing OT now is far much better than it was".

It is, because we fixed the shit up 8 years ago, therefor it is easy nowadays to program a new feature.
We all should be ashamed by the fact we lost our control on Otfans.net, the forum which had the good old legends, we should never forgot.
Nowadays it is runned by people from Brazil, I have nothing personality against them, but they do shit by their OWN, and not sharing f*cking codes, shame on you otland.net.

@Jero_
So what? If you didn't someone would do it anyway
OTFans died due to inactivity of members and lack of donations.
This is last international forum about otservers. You can either keep whining or contributing here: github.com/otland/forgottenserver

@Jero_
So what? If you didn't someone would do it anyway
OTFans died due to inactivity of members and lack of donations.
This is last international forum about otservers. You can either keep whining or contributing here: github.com/otland/forgottenserver
Donations should -NOT- be needed, thats why it is just all f*cked up. OT was like my little baby, you see it born, and grow it up by yourself. That's why my anger is so far. No one ever publish a good and simple code. They jus't let it figure out by yourself.

R.I.P. OTFans.net

No one ever publish a good and simple code.
http://otland.net/threads/9-81-evorpg-v4-lots-of-fixes.194483/
I just posted whole fucking thing, almost playable server with tons of examples. I've even added some own systems. I've fixed every fucking code I added to make it better than originals and you know what? Nobody gave a fuck.
Nobody even tried to use any script it had. If work for community is pointless fuck that, I'll work alone. This is what I learnt from OT community. Of course I still help random users with TFS 1.0(it's sort of fishing rod, not ready to eat meal), but I stopped posting new things already. In my opinion, many otlanders are too lazy in maintaining otservers to see my scripts - I hate those copy and run noobs who call themselves professional.

Isn't it something like OTList = OTFans? Luls, trolls for days.

There are quite a few people in disguise that haven't really been active since the downfall of OTFans.. which sucks because I love them but let's move on shall we?

I am from OTFans and I have been in this community since 2006.
I agree that the old times were great, but development has been getting better and better.

My point is, as I am a legend of the old Merania 2002-2006, where did the other legends go to. 99% of the people here posting stuff which isn't even compatible anymore. For example I am now setting up an OT Server, should be done in 5 minutes. Still searching for a compatible AAC. Sigh......

I think you meant 2005, since OpenTibia didn't even have a map format before 2004.

Lol dude, delusional? Serious, ? You should be the counselor of the Dr. Phil show...

Ontopic:

Your quote: "Developing OT now is far much better than it was".

It is, because we fixed the shit up 8 years ago, therefor it is easy nowadays to program a new feature.
We all should be ashamed by the fact we lost our control on Otfans.net, the forum which had the good old legends, we should never forgot.
Nowadays it is runned by people from Brazil, I have nothing personality against them, but they do shit by their OWN, and not sharing f*cking codes, shame on you otland.net.

The code OpenTibia was using 8 years ago was horrible. It wasn't good at all, and since you seem to have problems remembering: the server created a new thread for each player and every Game function was locking a global mutex. The monster AI was crap, and it wasn't customizable enough. It was barely usable and that's why we had lots of different distributions around that time, from people (including me) trying to add important features and Lua functions for better customization to the OpenTibia codebase. A lot of that code has been rewritten to scale in TFS 1.0, and I've successfully run the server with over 2000 active players concurrently.

I don't even understand how you can claim that it's run by people from Brazil, and that the shame is on the OTLand community. Sure, lots of people in OpenTibia are from Brazil, but there are also lots of people from other countries such as Poland (there are in fact more people from Poland on otland.net than from Brazil FYI), Sweden, USA, Mexico, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Canada and Spain. Why would you specifically blame people from Brazil? That just seems racistic. And what have you even contributed in the last years to even open your mouth about what others have contributed?

Donations should -NOT- be needed, thats why it is just all f*cked up. OT was like my little baby, you see it born, and grow it up by yourself. That's why my anger is so far. No one ever publish a good and simple code. They jus't let it figure out by yourself.

R.I.P. OTFans.net

So put your money where your mouth is and provide the community with free DDoS protected servers instead of hiding in a cave for 8 years, coming back and claiming that you're a legend who can't setup an OT in 5 minutes. Maybe then, we won't need to accept donations for the servers we've put hard work into creating. Why weren't you around on OTFans when it needed people like you in the last years of its existence? Do you even know how abandoned OTFans was after 2010? OTFans was a great place from 2005 to 2008, but after that it was just going downhills (which was partly the reason why I created OTLand).

I currently hold the OTFans.net domain.
I've redirected it to OTLand as I see it as the best successor to OTFans (some would very much agree it were prior to OTFans closing it's doors, myself included) to continue the global OpenTibia community over that of other communities.

I also currently hold the OpenTibia.net domain, and am currently experimenting with what's intended to be a non-competitive tool, distribution and map hosting solution. I'm very time poor, so it's miles off being done (been over a month since I've logged in properly), so I'd very much encourage everyone to not sign up, at least any time soon.
I hate how everyone links to their Mega.com, SpeedShare (or what ever the flavour of the month host is) files and we lose history.

I've also been whoring out the domains with e-mail accounts and the like to cover the (minimal) costs.

What is these site all about? Seeing bunch of crackers around here which ain't know knowledge about Tibia. 99% of the members here started playing with Tibia @ 9.0+ version.

Where are the good gold old days where Otfans.net was the nr #1 forum.
Remember with Yorick, SimOne, Zeldon etc. The real die hards, where did they go to?

You know that by starting this thread, you launched a boiling, steaming bucket of diarrhea right onto your head? Yes? I'll tell you why.

You come here claiming you're some kind of a legend, and that we, the remaining amount of people who are trying to keep this community and OT alive and are actually doing stuff- are crackers? I haven't ever even heard of you, and I've been on OTFans for a fair amount of time during the period it was a great forum (I actually preferred it a lot more than OTLand). But OTFans died due to lack of support and contributions because 'legends' like you couldn't care less about what's happening.

I don't know where you got your impression off of, but there are people still "dying hard" to take part in the OT world, creating awesome tools, improving old ones and working as much as they can so people like you could use them to make a disgraceful RL map server, make money off of donations, then shut it off without any contribution to the community at all. That's what you're trying to do, right? And you can't even get that to work.

Maybe you should step back into your legendary era, use the primitive tools that existed back then, and make a better OT than the "crackers" of today? Show us how it's done!
But my suggestion to you would be to deal with it, and if you want to keep OTs alive, go with the flow and contribute to this community instead.

R.I.P. OTFans.net
G.T.F.O ?

I think you meant 2005, since OpenTibia didn't even have a map format before 2004.

The code OpenTibia was using 8 years ago was horrible. It wasn't good at all, and since you seem to have problems remembering: the server created a new thread for each player and every Game function was locking a global mutex. The monster AI was crap, and it wasn't customizable enough. It was barely usable and that's why we had lots of different distributions around that time, from people (including me) trying to add important features and Lua functions for better customization to the OpenTibia codebase. A lot of that code has been rewritten to scale in TFS 1.0, and I've successfully run the server with over 2000 active players concurrently.

I don't even understand how you can claim that it's run by people from Brazil, and that the shame is on the OTLand community. Sure, lots of people in OpenTibia are from Brazil, but there are also lots of people from other countries such as Poland (there are in fact more people from Poland on otland.net than from Brazil FYI), Sweden, USA, Mexico, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Canada and Spain. Why would you specifically blame people from Brazil? That just seems racistic. And what have you even contributed in the last years to even open your mouth about what others have contributed?

So put your money where your mouth is and provide the community with free DDoS protected servers instead of hiding in a cave for 8 years, coming back and claiming that you're a legend who can't setup an OT in 5 minutes. Maybe then, we won't need to accept donations for the servers we've put hard work into creating. Why weren't you around on OTFans when it needed people like you in the last years of its existence? Do you even know how abandoned OTFans was after 2010? OTFans was a great place from 2005 to 2008, but after that it was just going downhills (which was partly the reason why I created OTLand).
Lol are you freaking kidding me dude?

Like a sentence speaks out of thousands words, your following quote:
The code OpenTibia was using 8 years ago was horrible. It wasn't good at all

Shame on you, you talk shit about people which growed up OpenTibia. In the time at 2002-2006 I have never received any Ddos attacks. And why I didn't? I did not asked any f*cking DOLLAR CENT to play my f*cking server. Now a days I see people running servers by a third part (I mention this because administor call this "Anti-Ddos" server).

All in all, the developers here should be a shamed by theirselves. Receiving money on other people codes. Like "Mark/Administrator" as I now see he is "Administrator" is setting up a forum, that was a competitor of Otfans.net, in the good golden days.

Still R.I.P. OTFANS.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back