• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What happened...?

Dilio

Owner of Project Thala
Reaction score
What happened to OTLands originality? There used to be so many original projects from what I remember. Now it is all "Real Map this" or "Pokemon OT that". Have people really forgotten why OTs were made? Why not just play Real Tibia if you are just going to use their map? Or play Pokemon on the Wii, that has online capability.

I mean, I am not putting down the first PO release, since that was original. Or the 4th Real Map release since it was not every other OT server released. Now it is just getting rather depressing in my opinion. I will not say I am the only person on OTLand who is left with originality since I have been helping a few people on their servers with scripting since they were being original.

Count the number of original servers out there, and then count all the real map projects out there. I am sure the numbers will be depressing.

I guess one good thing comes out of this. Every person who makes a real map server, just adds to the players' boredom and then when us original projects release, we get even more players. :3

OT = Open Tibia

Why do people make then a real map server xD?
IMO, When something is open, it means there are teleports so you can directly go that place and have fun..
Like old times.. ^^ (XML <3)

Last edited:
Exactly. If they wanted everyone to make real map servers, they would name it something like:
TC = Tibia Clone .-.

Open tibia is open tibia, well you can modify your server how you like.
More or less looking like rl tibia.

Its very simple why ppl do RL mapz with gejnia etc. RL=$, custom=HARD WORK and no so many $

The harder you work on a custom server, the more chances of getting cash.

The harder you work on a custom server, the more chances of getting cash.

Exactly. If you make an amazing, near revolutionary custom server, and 10 people enjoy it. They will tell their friends and so on, and then everyone will want to be apart of the community, thus raising chances of getting donations.

The more cash you earn, the bigger the chance are that you get caout for not paying taxes.

The more often you get caught for not paying taxes, the more years you'll be sitting in prison.

But seriously, Open Tibia is dead. It's just like CipSoft doing bad updates after bad updates. Going from Evolution maps to real maps to Pokemon online and continues to get worse.

:D!! u got right! i hate all real maps.. and all evo maps.. and all roxor maps.. because they are realased.. why not make one own map? :p

I know there are lots of OTLanders that think the same thing, which is why I posted it. They are just too worried about their Rep to say anything. :/

For example in UK, as long as u r student you don't have to pay taxes :wub:

Your 100% sure of that? because most contries have a limit on how much you can earn without paying taxes. In norway it's 39997NOK (a little less then 5k EUR), and up to 1k NOK per person you work for.

Dont make so every realmap project sux. I play(played?) ot because of the pvp mostly. I liked costum quest but it was most for the pvp, and im speaking for many people here, i think.

And nowdays if you create a REALLY good custom map. people can just track it and host it themself.

Open means its not cipsofts Tibia. You might as well call it private tibia.

And there are mostly real map servers because most people like them. If you think different then why don't you create something on your own? Just make sure it doesn't get as big as PO because then you will be hated like a real map server anyways.

Your 100% sure of that? because most contries have a limit on how much you can earn without paying taxes. In norway it's 39997NOK (a little less then 5k EUR), and up to 1k NOK per person you work for.

For the 200/2010 tax year you are entitled to earn up to £6,475 a year before you start paying income tax. So if you’ve got a part time job, and earn under £6,475, you won’t pay a penny.

Above your personal allowance the amount you pay depends on the amount you earn. In 2008/2009:

on your earnings between £6,475 and £34,800 you pay 20%
we doubt many students earn over £34,801, but if you do, you pay 40% on this
:wub::wub:

@Paxton then u do have taxes? :O its just limited of the income/year ;] in sweden its the same. but its like on 18k kr?(£1,900~) im not sure but its something around that :)

LoL just wait, theres an origonal project comeing out soon enough

Back