• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What is the "right" version of RME to be used right now?

MutantAssassin

Solutions
Reaction score
Trunk version of RME is currently broken, compiler isn't able to compile it. So I've switched to the branch marked with the tag v3.6.1, hoping that it was the latest stable version. But this version has a quite outdated version of items, missing several basic and old stuff (like the scorcher, which was introduced in 2004). And it also has some bugs, I keep receiving this error all the time:
Captura de tela de 2020-12-03 19-47-14.png
So, what version of RME should I be using? And what about the datafiles?

Cheers,

Assassina Mutante.

RME 3.6.1 is pretty new. You have an old map is the problem. You can create a new map with clients up to 11 I believe as long as you have the client files. You connect the RME to the client files you want (ex 10.98) and make sure in the map properties it is set to 10.98 version.

But this version has a quite outdated version of items, missing several basic and old stuff (like the scorcher, which was introduced in 2004)
just use this https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hjnilsson/rme/master/data/1098/items.xml

which was introduced in 2004
2014* 😁 yeah RME hasn't had his data files update for a while (and neither did tfs until a few years ago)

So, what version of RME should I be using?

Trunk version of RME is currently broken, compiler isn't able to compile it.
yeah, we need someone to fix it, there are also other issues that doesn't happen on windows too

And what about the datafiles?
it depends on what version are you aiming to work on

RME 3.6.1 is pretty new. You have an old map is the problem. You can create a new map with clients up to 11 I believe as long as you have the client files. You connect the RME to the client files you want (ex 10.98) and make sure in the map properties it is set to 10.98 version.
It clearly isn't related to the map, but thanks for trying.
All files in /data/1098 were updated just four months ago. I suppose that I should download the whole directory.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hjnilsson/rme/master/data/1098/items.xml
2014* 😁 yeah RME hasn't had his data files update for a while (and neither did tfs until a few years ago)
o_O

Ok. Ty.

yeah, we need someone to fix it, there are also other issues that doesn't happen on windows too
I've noticed the community even more oriented for windows users than before. Even the tutorial OTS Guide for compiling assumes that the ubuntu is running in a remote server or in a virtual machine.

it depends on what version are you aiming to work on
8.6 (for my old code) and 10.98 (for trying TFS). I guess I am going to download the whole /data/860 directory of trunk, as well.

Well, thanks again, @Evil Puncker.

EDITED: I've unchecked the box "don't show me this dialog box again" and RME seems to be working normally now. But I am still worried. Whoever put this assertion in there, probably had a good reason to do so.

UPDATE: The new version of the files apparently uses new tags which are not understood by 3.6.1 version (it threw me a lot of errors at 10.98 - curiously it worked perfectly for 8.6, but I couldn't find any difference to be honest). So I've copied only items.xml, for the sake of stability. But it didn't help me a lot, some items need to be found at raw palette, which makes mapping harder. Well, I am not supposed to be seriouly working on a map any time soon, let's hope that someone will fix RME master until there.

Cheers,

Assassina Mutante.

Last edited:
Back