• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What kind of server?

Ners
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm somewhat new onOTland, well not rlly new.
I wanted to make a server, but just for FUN, no donations, nada.
I had a server before, some x9999 exp, even tho it wasnt online much, I had players that were happy about the RPG it had, about the unique map.
Im about to make a new one, got few ideas and need some your opinions.
NOTE: The server wont be online much, like 12/7, idk maybe a friend will host it. (got a semi-crap comp), dont need a lot players, just the ones seeking for some RPG.
The idea is just about fun, RPG and that stuff, not money making.

Ideas:

1. RPG Server
Bot allowed
PVP (with protection on X level)
Rookgaard, edited, expanded, with a continued storyline, no mainland
Existing quests and also new ones with its own story
Along with existing monsters, custom ones
New NPC's
Monster and human kind of vocations
Low exp stages, level 50 would be the average I think
Existing rooms and building as houses, adding new ones also
Depots (2)
No AoL/Bless, dying hurts!

The map would be an edited Rookgard, with new places and maybe continued storyline, (my own)
Monsters, you,as a player would be a monster,. When you create a char you can choose between many monster races like minos, orcs, giants, spiders and you can evolve, after reaching a certail level you could ask to evolve to your monster master. I had in mind like 10 different races, they would act as vocation I guess.
If you're a mino, you got just the mino outfit and by evolving to a guard you get the new one, losing the previous. The exp would be low, like level 50 on average, ofc with new quests and monsters, possible new ones.
So its about you being a monster, even a dragon or demon. The damage wouldn't be based on real dragon or demon, you wont hit 800 xD. It would be balanced with the lvl needed to promote yourself to that 'rank'
Example:
You start as a lonely orc, you get X level, meet your monster master and ask him to evolve you. He turns you into an orc warrior and when you reach Y level you get to spearman and so on until you reach Warlord rank. The higher the rank is, higher the level is needed, better the spells (if it has any), melee/speed it.
Each race would have some advantage over the others.
Spiders would have speed, giants hp I guess? Orcs a mix of dmg and armor, demons damage and spells, however also with drawbacks, got speed? We will take your defense/armor/dmg away. After reaching max rank the end isn't there, you would get the ability to summon minions as your followers and possible more.

There would be depot and houses, no aol/bless so dying is something to be feared from, items obtainable through tasks and quests,more based on NPC's.
No
donations, OP items. Max lvl about 100/150.
Those aren't real vocations, so hp/mana is a lot lower, no need for demon lairs and orshabaals.
With the fact that you get a monster outfit addons/ regular outfits are disabled unless you choose to be a human, yes you can either be one of the 10 different monster races or a human (warrior, archer, mage)

It's all about being a monster, with own strenghts and weakness, act as a monster, hunt as a monster etc.. dont remember anyone tried to make such a server.

2. Rookgard 4ever!

8,60, bots allowed MAYBE

Server based on Rookgard and just Rookgard. Low levels also, depots, houses, more hunting grounds (no spoils), RPG quests with a story in the background, more NPC's. The map would be edited and expanded by whatever I get in my mind.
Some quests would be based on existing ones. All addons and outfits obtainable by quests and tasks.
No mainland! It got nuked by multiple UE's.

3. Custom!
9,6/9,8 maybe 10+ (dont have much experience with newer versions, more familiar with 8,6)
Custom map, regular spells, doubt the effort is worth for a non-allways-online-server

4. Go back to x999 lazy OTS

The first idea really inspired me, wanted to see something like that, asking if it's worth or not?
Thanks

Last edited:
I like your ideas! I would be ready to contribute, but money had to be involved. For one single reason: It would be more fun. With donations, we could improve the server and let it run on a dedicate 24/7 for example. But nothing expensive or focusing the profit. You can see it as an auto sustainable server.. I would join the 8.6 idea. That's the reason I just registered in the forum actually! I used to have a server to play with my friends (about 30 players), I edited it all, still had VIP and donations and we had an amazing time. I would go for it but with A LOT of customs. Focusing on PVP and RPG. I can do some mapping, website, I know some stuff about lua(enough to create a few good things) and I am improving my programming skills.

The map would be an edited Rookgard, with new places and maybe continued storyline, (my own)
Totally agreed.

Monsters, you,as a player would be a monster,. When you create a char you can choose between many monster races like minos, orcs, giants, spiders and you can evolve, after reaching a certail level you could ask to evolve to your monster master. I had in mind like 10 different races, they would act as vocation I guess.

I like the thing about races, but I don't like the fact that you couldn't change your outfit. I think we could do something as Tribes and each tribe has specific vocations or careers something like that.

Bots- well everything can change, but its the thing that keeps on so many 8,6's on. Maybe with some limitations or just illegal.

About outfits, if you're X monster you got X outfit, letting people change it might confuse eg. : theres a difference between a minotaur and a minotaur mage, if the player uses the mino outfit but is a 'mino mage' people could get him wrong if they attack him, if they got a lower rank than him (PVP fights) , in this case he got the highest rank for minotaur race.
Just not sure about how it leads:

mino->mino guard->mino archer->mino mage

From melee dealers to distance dealers. Also, for some races I got up to rank 7 and some just to 3, might circle them all to 5 to make it fair.
About donations, I would try to make the thing work, see how it improves and later add that so we could get a 24/7, if it will be sucessfully.
Wouldn't rush with it yet.
Would focus more on editing the map, adding storylines and RPG feelings. Making a new map wouldn't be worth, people are lazy and doubt they want to learn it from zero, so picked up Rook which is known for most people and edit it so you wont know what's behind the next corner :)

EDIT:
Well, my computer died so I will start on it when it gets fixed, until then, plenty time to think what to improve.

Races I had in mind atm:
MONSTERS:
Minotaurs
Trolls
Orcs
Dwarfs
Barbarians
Spiders
Giants
Demons
Skeletons
Monks
Witches
Undeads (?)

HUMANS:
Warrior
Archer
Mage

Last edited:
Doubt anyone would ddos a server with low amount of players, but later yeah, probably.

EDIT:
Edited the first post.

Last edited:
i like the rookgard idea, but make sure that not one race has better passives as other races otherwise they will most likely be overpopulated. also rookgard is really small so make sure that there is enough content (needs some additional mapping to be done), some cool hard quests/riddles to be done. maybe some weekly pvp event or so to keep players entertained.

but good luck, +1 for creating something costum!

Kind regards,
Hehemidu

ps. that edited dark red text is a bit hard to read on the darker background so maybe change it to some other color ^^

Yeah, balancing is the key in it so one race isn't overpopulated.
Rookgard will be edited and expanded with new content, it's storyline will be much bigger, like the Tom's lever (room upstair), Tp in Mino Hell I think, or is it just a closed door?, lonely Mino, The Sword of Fury, Orc language etc..

Darker background? Isn't it white?

Last edited:
Yeah, balancing is the key in it so one race isn't overpopulated.
Rookgard will be edited and expanded with new content, it's storyline will be much bigger, like the Tom's lever (room upstair), Tp in Mino Hell I think, or is it just a closed door?, lonely Mino, The Sword of Fury, Orc language etc..

Darker background? Isn't it white?
u can set it to dark background aswell

Looks fine for me, dunno how it is for you.
On topic, opinions about how the races are leading to?
From close range fighters to distance and magic, sounds kind of confusing?
Should it stay as that?

Minotaur->Minotaur Guard->Minotaur Archer->Minotaur Mage
Should add 1 more so it's 5

Orc->Orc Spearman->Orc Warrior->Orc Leader->Orc Warlord
It's 5, but but Spearman doesn't really fit the rest.

Some races got more 'monsters' than other, should find a fixed limit for everyone, in this case, rank 5 is the last. Opinions?

You are purly stupid if you say, we do not allow bots, and still use 8.60, either make a custom client and change the RSA keys, or change to 8.54 or smht else, that most don't have bots too.
There is pretty much no diffrence when it comes to 8.54, 8.60, except the amount of players with elfbot.

Back