• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ What's the best way to change variable name in source?

Togu

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
I want to change all "SKILL_CLUB" into "SKILL_STRENGHT" in the source code, how can I do that efficiently?

Quick Replace tool? Manually?

if you are using sublime text you can use ctrl + shift + f to find SKILL_CLUB and replace to SKILL_STRENGHT
Thanks for the feedback, but I know that. What I want to know is if this is the best way to do that and if it will generate any error (like changing a SKILL_CLUB where it's not supposed to be changed, or changing anything else - even using the capital letter sensivity for the find & replace)

I'll try that!

Thanks for the feedback, but I know that. What I want to know is if this is the best way to do that and if it will generate any error (like changing a SKILL_CLUB where it's not supposed to be changed, or changing anything else - even using the capital letter sensivity for the find & replace)
if you change variable name on all coincidences there is not a problem, that's what refactor name option does on compilers

Back