• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Big Daddy is ready! OP fun fun and smart :D
Next creature Who gets Brain is Archanos.

EDIT:
Before he had 1 spell what loooped trough 2 different attacks every 3 sec.
Now I made 2 spells, because thx to Monster AI I can make patterns with spells.

Anyway what I wanted to say is: 2 spells ready out of 7

EDIT2:
3 spells ready out of 7

Funny thing happened. You can outrun Archanos single target damage :D
(currently just with pure luck) but maybe in future some speedy builds will allow to dodge these "direct damages"

Although don't get your hopes up, I will create actual direct damage method too for spellCreating system, but who knows what mosnters will use them :D

EDIT3:
4 spells ready out of 5
I removed the effect that Archanos teleports when armorUp spell is used near him.
Not because its so hard to do in spellcreator, but because its irrelevant xD
When I first made it I tested the grounds what can I do.

Also didn't notice one of my spell was normal attacks with just a bit different name.
Not adding these to spellCreator, because.. why? I would only make spellCreator table bigger, but nothing too unique.

Anyway, rechecking things up for patch 0.1.3.1, tomorrow if nothing new should be added (like map update or something, then I will update the live version.

But for now, today I wont continue with spellCreator nor monster AI.

Last edited:
Idk wazap with that, but I woke up 6 AM in morning !? slept only like 5 hours.

Aight, well.. I guess starting early today? xD

Well in past hour I added the last Spell for Archanos trough spellCreator.
FireBombs.
Archanos Boss is now ready :D
GEEEET REEEEKT !!
Small adjustments to Archanos: Since spellCreator goes trough onThink interval I can do spellExecutes only in second intervals not in milliseconds. So the bombs come 0.5 sec later. What in longTerms buys you a little more room :p
Also removed the casting range from monsters. So they can show their power, how smart they are :D
Also added more effects to spellCasts, because why not xD? takes only like 3 seconds to add effect and it automatically generates into correct hook.
With the new Monster AI, Archanos doesn't seem to bug when player already stands on FireBomb and he casts new FireBomb.

Well anyway on to the next Boss. World Boss - White Deer.

After I finish applying Monster AI to all the monsters then I push an update to Live server with new AI. How does that sound? Or ofcourse I could already do it today.
If someone asks for it right now then only Semi-Bosses will have the new AI.
New update will include more balanced early game, knight buff and few bug fixes(like forest quest hints are not shown or mage class may and may not crash my server onDeath)

EDIT:
Well, well. Started scripting after failed tryhards on HeartStone xD
I reworked a bit of targeting system for spellCreating and Monster AI.
I hope I didn't break anything xD Untested.

added the OP OP pathFinding system to spellCreator with an escape possibility. (incase I want to stop pathfindinding before I reach to where I wanted to reach first.)

Started making new hook - Stun.
I made the empty shell ready now. But I will stop for now. I'm going to use new method to apply stuns on players :p

But for that I need function what I though I'm gona create somewhere in far future.
userdata:getPlayerData(something?)
This function will hold entire player information. (how much resi, armor, defence, immunities, etc + ofc the usual info what you already can get from userdata)

Well seems I'm gona tackle 3 huge scripts for patch 0.1.4 xD
Monster AI, spellCreator and playerData

EDIT2:
PlayerData shell is ready for SpellCreation (added only few stats I needed for spellCreator to call from player right now)

Continued with the White Deer Stun.
Kinda finished it.

I now need delay timer to it to match with the time it takes for deer to charge to player.

But thats for tomorrow.

Last edited:
My god, Rewoking entire SpellCreating system, because felt I had enough hooks to create the nesting system. (spellcreator automatically generates information without me showing where to find it)

Been at it for 6 hours straight now. I hope I finish it today. and When I finally try it I hope it works too and doesn't give endless errors and crashes.

Well.. 2 players have tried my server but have given up on Tutorial xD
I guess kiting a monster is very hard :D
But seriously, would like to see at least one player able to achieve level 3.
Meanwhile I start making the ultimate monster AI and spellcreating system for my server.

It's not about being hard, it's just boring. I tryed it myself, but couldn't end the first task/quest, I need to go back to heal after every 1-2 monsters I kill, and it took ages and no skill at all involved, you probably have a wrong impression about how the kiting actually works since you play without any latency at all. And I was also lost in a map poorly done with NPCs with poor wording. There is no appeling at all to start/continue playing. And that was like a month ago.

It's not about being hard, it's just boring. I tryed it myself, but couldn't end the first task/quest, I need to go back to heal after every 1-2 monsters I kill, and it took ages and no skill at all involved, you probably have a wrong impression about how the kiting actually works since you play without any latency at all. And I was also lost in a map poorly done with NPCs with poor wording. There is no appeling at all to start/continue playing. And that was like a month ago.
yes I keep making it better and smoother. Your thought has been taken into action already and I have improved the early game.
After I finish the monster AI unless someone asks for upadate before.
I also have made more changes into early game: mainly nerfed forest monster damage even further.

Npc's are smarter than before, but suggestions are welcome.
I will keep improving them on each odd number patch release. (odd number patch notes usually bring big overhaul of improving existing content)

But my statement stands correct. Tutorial ends with Dummy. These 2 players were not able to kill it. And kiting is needed there.

EDIT:
Finally SpellCreating system has been reworked. Only took 7 hours pure scripting :D
Lets now dive into the endless error sea :D

EDIT2:
Console errors were fixed, rewrote target system AGAIN XD
jesus, I can't get it right..

Some spells are now working. But some spells are not even casted.
Tomorrow going to go trough Monster AI to see if new spellCreating Core confuses monster
and step by step try to see where the spellCast turns into nothing.

BTW @Peonso I will hook you up with tag, when I update my early game again (should happen start of next week)
Would be awesome to get your opinion again.

Good Night.

Last edited:
Haha, kinda funny. I started fixing Monster AI to be able to read nested SpellCreating system.
Got few things working.
Last thing i did was Teleporting spell. but O boy. Now monster are too freaking smart xD
I teleported out of boss room.
Archanos was like: Nice Try! and teleported after me xD
Gotta nerf AI now xD

EDIT:
GOOD GOOD! Archanos is ready. again.
Lets Fix Big Daddy now.

EDIT2:
NOICE! ITS TWERKING!
Big Daddy is shaking the world :p

And now im Back where i was left off. White deer.
Lets get that getPath timer matched with Charge damage+stun now.
And then Summoning Spell for SpellCreator!

EDIT3:
Finally a progress :D!!
White Deer is ready.
Added race boost on speallCreating healing system
Added spell type summoning to spellCreating.

Going to make Cyclops now.
tap your stoppers now, lets see how long it will take me to reCreate all the spells with SpellCreating system :p (only that uber unique formula of cyclops stone throw is missing, imo)

EDIT4:
Events can be registered and unregistered trough SpellCreator (this means, to everyone and everyone in any way)
Updated ultimatedPositionCreator - now also can take only first position what is "true" and also reMakes positions where are only specific items on ground (under target or in area or in path or whatever else i used for making positions)

Created function text(text, pos)
Now i can send orange text anywhere on the world.

Other than that, still working on first Cyclops spell xD
A bit tricker than I thought..

Last edited:
Dayum This cyclops Stone Lob spell is harder to rewrite to SpellCreating system than I expected xD

Anyway added New spellType: say
before I was able to send text from caster or send text to position.

But now Its also nested and I can send it from anyone to anyone/anywhere
New hook added. ItemRemoved from map.
If monster AI is able to remove an item then his spell is casted.

Rewrote Monster AI SpellLock
Before it only checked does he have secondary cooldown.

Now the secondary cooldown is dynamical (this means ANY spell , player or other monster or items or whatever can decrease or increase monster spell Cooldown)
Also added new spellLock type, Can he cast spell or not? This allows to totally silence monster Spells or lock it down so he cant cast it until its unlocked.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.3.1
Sadly only a small update. I'm working hard on systems what would make the future patches come faster and still keep the uniqueness and coolness coming on each release.
But well, at least something right? riiiiiight???
Anyway this patch was about toneing down the difficulty of early game and balancing the Knight vocation. He was out of meta and had hard early start.

1. NPC's:
Peeter: Fixed bug where you couldn't turn in campfire quest if you put out too many fireplaces.

2. Monsters:
Added new Monster AI to following creatures: They are now smarter, less buggy and did I say smarter?
Archanos, White Deer, Cyclops Boss.
Forest Monsters: All forest monsters deal average 15 damage less per hit.

3. Map:
Forest Area: Fixed hints near the Quest Area. If you Start look'ing things there again, now some of logical things give hints, how to complete the quest.

4. Spells:
Barrier - Instead of blocking 50% damage from any source, now simply gives twice as much armor.
armorUp - mana cost reduced from [40] to [35]
armorUp - While wearing no legs or helmet gives +50 armor more.

No fix for server crashes yet, but I added some prints for my scripts, perhaps then I could find out what might cause crash.

Going to test play Mage now, if anyone wants to try bosses then feel free to join me :D
Going be playing few hours :D

Tomorrow I will start scripting again.

Deam, gotta be kidding, started reworking entire core again xD
Hopefully I get it perfect tomorrow.
Ima let you know tomorrow, when its ready, what I improved :p

But yeah, hopefully this week I finish with spellCreating System and Monster AI.
I played with friends this week and had cool experience, gona share it later. Also solo played alone and going to talk about new feature what is coming to game on patch 0.1.5 :D Name of feature is "skillpoints tree", (it looks like a talent tree, but combined with tibia skill system and league of legends like a look talent tree.)

This will improve the the issues you have given me with server early game.
These updates will improve the balance and flow for sure :)
But for now, this week, there is bosses with current monster AI and ~20% easier early game for everyone and more sustain to Knights spell armor up.
Next update 0.1.3.2 will come out next weekend. It will improve mages a little for first 1-2 levels.
And maybe Monster AI for all current monsters. (also I hope for maps made by someone else xD)

See you in next update xD

EDIT:
Pfft overestimated my Scripting skills..
This is taking rewriting the SpellCreating Core is taken FAR LONGER than I expected.
Finally I reached to the point where I finished with core,
Now I'm ReWorking the spells for upgraded to match with upgraded standards.

EDIT2:
Annoying crash on channeling spells. Gotta change that.
Hopefully I get somewhere today..

Last edited:
UPDATED POST 1

Seems I finally was able to catch up with the reworks..
White deer is left to finish and then I'm back where I left off with spellCreating

This weekend I will push in another Live Update what will balance early game even more and fix few errors I missed.
The changes are too simple to make patch note about them:
spark spell will get minimum damage. (so it will hit more at level 1 and 2)
Monster AI improvements (as much as I get ready)
Dummy HP reduced by 10%
Less deadly fire fields at start (I will put more stones under fireFields so in some places player simply can't step on them)

I have made rough estimate how long it will take for me to push out Patch 0.1.4
I think it shall come in 2 weeks.

W00t - feeling good.
I got new Recast nesting system.
Previously it went trough all the spells and doublechecked them for key table values to recast nest.
Now recast happens on EACH spelltype.
Now recast is also affected by delay and matching the delay timers are automatical taken from upperTable.

Now I have to write hooks inside every spellType, but its not that bad though, because then only recast happens when hooking conditions are met (example hooks: target is healed, target took damage, item is removed, buff was applied successfully, etc)

Hopefully it doesn't take too long for me and when its done, I am practically done with white deer.
and when I am, I go trough the hotfixes for server and update live version with the new AI and fixes.

Patch will be called: Patch 0.1.3.1 update

EDIT:
What an actual **** ..
Well i got new hook system, but now i have to recheck all the spells again >.>

EDIR2:
:/
Well no live update today then..
But i did finish with Monster AI (the 3 bosses)
Just too tired to go trough the small updates, and double-checking the AI.
Tomorrow 99% sure I will update the server!

Last edited:
OP OP :D

My Cyclops just did triple nested spell :D !! (pick up stone)
soon going to make new spell to him (throw stone)
Code:
["cyclops pick stone"] = {
    cooldown = 4,
    target = {3666, 3667, 3668},
    position = {
        startPositions = {
            startPoint = "caster",
            area = {area = areas["3x3_0"]},
            items = {3666, 3667, 3668},
            firstFound = true
        },
        endPositions = nil
    },
    spellLock = {
        target = "caster",
        spellName = {"cyclops throw stone"}
    },
    changeEnvoirment = {
        removeItems = {3666, 3667, 3668},
        say = {
            whenRemoved = "*grab*",
            toPosition = true
        },
        spellLock = {
            target = "caster",
            whenRemoved = true,
            spellName = {"cyclops pick stone"},
            spellLock = {
                target = "caster",
                spellName = {"cyclops throw stone"},
                unlock = true
            },
        },
        spellLockCD = {
            whenRemoved = true,
            target = "caster",
            spellName = {"cyclops throw stone"},
            CD = 4,
        },
        event = {
            whenRemoved = true,
            target = "caster",
            eventName = "CycStone",
        }
    }
},

EDIT:

You gotta be kidding me >.>

I HAVE TO DO ANOTHER CORE CHANGE..
Right now my nested spells change target AFTER the nested spell execute.
I didn't realize it till now xD

Previous spells worked because targets are remade inside the spellLock, spellLockCD and event.

Oh well.. this time i try to reduce the spellCasting function size by 3 times too then while im already at it. Going to try loop all the spellType functions with loadstring.

Last edited:
I played with friends this week and had cool experience, gona share it later. Also solo played alone and going to talk about new feature what is coming to game on patch 0.1.5 :D Name of feature is "skillpoints tree", (it looks like a talent tree, but combined with tibia skill system and league of legends like a look talent tree.)

So about the skillPoint feature. I got some ideas and how it works, but I have room for lot of ideas. Feel free to suggest.

Skillpoints can be used to give your character extra powers. (on top of the current system where each skillpoint towards certain type improves player spells)
I have drawn an skillpoint tree for now and some player improvements I have though of for the early game. (each row requires certain amount skillpoints spent)

MAGIC
1. Wands deals 2 damage more per hit. (can be stacked 10 times)
2. When Dealing Energy damage, target will make 2% less damage with physcical damage (stacks 5 times)
3. When Dealing Fire damage, target will get fire damage over time debuff, what deals 2% of fire damage over 10sec. (% stacks 5 times)
4. When Dealing Posion damage, target gets debuff what effect is: poison over time debuffs deal 20% more damage. (stack up 5 times (till 100%))

SHIELDING
1. Increases equipped shield defense value by 1. (stacks 10 times)
2. Increases player armor by 2. (stacks up 10 times)

DISTANCE (Hunter vocation will come in patch 0.1.7 anyway, we got time)
1. unknown
2. unknown

CLOSE-RANGE WEAPONS
1. Swords/maces/axes deal 2% damage more per hit (stacks 5 times)
2. Physical hits put debuff on target, which effect is: next energy damage deals 3% more damage (% stacks up 5 times)
3. Your hits have chance to increase armorUp spell duration by 1 sec by 5% (% increase stacks up 5 times)

2n1dues.png

Well I have updated server and the early game for now will prolly stay the same for about month or 2. Next early game update will come when reputation system and skillpoint tree is added.

What do you think about the start of game now comparing to experience you got months ago?

I myself start scripting. I will stay logged in the game and check every hour.

EDIT:
Btw Peonso, the reason why barrier spell did not work, was: vocation specific creatureScripts did not activate xD (because when you first logged in, you had no vocation) It started working after you died because then you had vocation.
This kind of thing can only happen if player does not die nor relog after changing vocation at start.

It is now fixed for future patch xD
Also reduced the amount of vials required for forest quest to do 2.
I changed the quest tree into glowing tree. Easier to spot now.

EDIT2:
Well now, changed the ultimateSpellCast system itself. It is now 2 part function.
Also cleaned my code and removed pointless hooks I am no longer using (some old functions, just incase the new ones would have not worked)

Total lenght of Spellcreating and Monster AI system is now: ~2000lines :D (few hundred less than before, but more functions and even more dynamical) I haven't cleaned the monster AI yet, but prolly would delete like ~100 lines there too xD

I have to update the spells AGAIN...
But I don't think it will take too much time.
As of for now I could already make hundreds of unique spells what does not look a like.
Enough for any custom server.
And creating them would take me ~5-30minutes (depending how nested and wide ranged it is)

Soon there is practically no spell what I cant make within these few minutes.

EDIT3:
All bosses are now up to date.
Also pick up stone is up to date and part of throw stone too.

Problem. Monster picks up stone as soon as he finds it, he does not care is player nearby or on some other floor.

Its an issue xD. The cyclops throw stone has unique formula and if he can prepare his shot before player even sees him, he can 1 shot player! xD

I'm going to improve Monster AI, so I could turn off monster premaking combowombos while there is nobody nearby.

Stair hopping will still be vary dangerous. because, all this improvement does it puts CD between Combos, but it still counts down the cooldowns per single spells.
And 1 shot possibility persists when you or someone "activated" them before.

Last edited:
Some GamePlay and fun I had with Peonso and Miss Celine.

Alrighty, alrighty. Today morning, Peonso visted Whi World. He didn't complain about tutorial, so i guess it is better now :D.
He played solo for while and then I was able to join him :D
After first run togethter he completed some missions and then we tried Forest Quest. after 2nd attempt to get there we were able to complete it for him xD (I shall do it next time). After he completed some tasks we went for cyclopses. We killed 2 of them :D (and i think we looted intrinsic legs for him (I already had pair from SoloPlay)).
I told him the way to get the fast travel waypoint, but cyclopses comboed him xD. I myself were able to run over his body and got access to the waypoint xD but with that our adventure ended.
He also notifed me that early game idd is improved and also didn't complain about it. So I guess its goody :p

I marked down AND already changed few things, I experienced with playing and what I did not like about, for test sever.
Forest Quest, quest items are only needed 2 now, not 4.
Highlighted the Reward Objected after Quest was completed. (suggestion by Peonso)
Fixed bug where vocation special effects did not activate if you haven't relogged after choosing the vocation in game.

------

Today night, Miss Celine visted Whi World. I cought pestering my bandits!
I was about to finish scripting anyway so I joined him soon after I found out his playing on Whi World. We had small chit-chat and then I joined playing with him.
I asked his help for Forest Quest so we could quickly do it (Since mine was halfway done, the part I did today morning). Found out he had not completed it yet either.
We packed our goodies in town. He also throwed 1 dumplings for me :eek: (endgame food).
We completed the Quest for him (I still did not completed all the way trough, NEXT TIME FO SHO).
But since Celine was well geared and is quite regular player, he was stronger than I expected. Grinding trough thick forest was PROFIT In any way Oo. Stoked up on like ~5 extra meat and few hams.
After the Forest Quest, we went straight to White Deer.
EASY MODE, Celine and me were strong enough to burst down white deer xD. (If its same easy with someone who has not that many skillpoints then I will buff White Deer)
After killing and looting COMPLETLY NOTHING xD, we went Cyclops Dungeon.

Cyclopses were EASE with Celine. He knew the tactics (I did not tell them to him), and obviously I did. Practically no loss.
We broke into Boss Room and fought Big Daddy like 6-8 times (I lost Count xD)
From entire Cyclops Dungeon run we looted:
2x Intrinsic Legs
1x Genso Fedo (legs)
1x Zvoid Turban (head)
2x hood of natural talent (head)
1x Several Iron Ores and small stones
2x sparkii (mage spell)
1x deathii (mage spell)
2x opaldef (knight spell)
1x buff (druid spell)
1x expedition bag

But that was not all. On top of that we completed Cyclops Quest xD. Dayum that was NICE TRIP. ~25% game completed in one well woop xD

There were several things of this trip too what I will improve, but these improvements will come at best next week (but most likely along with the patch 0.1.4)

Well lets start off next post by saying: "Cyclops Pick stone and Throw stone spells are ready" :D

You rememeber this?
Going to make Cyclops now.
tap your stoppers now, lets see how long it will take me to reCreate all the spells with SpellCreating system :p (only that uber unique formula of cyclops stone throw is missing, imo)
Took me only 12 days to recreate 1 spell xD
I do have an excuse though. my spellCreating system has been changed 3 times by now(from the core) and technically it works completely differently.

Lets see now. How long it takes to create 2nd spell: cyclops leap

EDIT: LEGIT !! :D theoretically it took me 30minutes to create a spell (I had a small tiny tiny bug what took me some time to figure out the cause)
And I did not count in the time it took for me to add new feature to spellCreating System (scaling system for damage)

EDIT2:
Cyclops is ready.
Next monster is Bandit Druid.

EDIT3:
Bandit Druid is ready.
Taking break now.

EDIT4:
All bandits are ready (the ones what exist in game)
They seem harder than before, but I'm sure its just my imagination :p

Last edited:
> POST 1 UPDATED <

Today I prepared myself to no-life scripts as long as I feel comfortable.

I used to be gamer so I'm well aware of good no-life schedules, lets test them out on scripting :p. Lets see, how many hours I last and how much I'm able to script.
I think I will be still editing this post every time I take a small break.

EDIT:
9 hours scriptig, typical daily scripting time achieved.
3hours - eat/refreshment break now.

All previous monsters completed.
Making new system.
Debuff System. (this will take lot of time)

EDIT2:
15 hours scripting done.
2 hour 30min, break

EDIT3:
21 hours scripting done
2hours 30min break again.

debuff system completed.
Bandit Rogue - backstab spell completed
Bandit Sorcerer - poison debuff spell completed
Bandit Shaman - slow field spell currently under work.

EDIT4:
well I'm done. too tired to continue xD, my mind getting slow.

final result:
Total no-life session length 34 hours.
Scripeted 24 hours of it.
slept 8 hours of it.
others stuff 2 hours.

Also finished Bandit Shaman spell.

Last edited:
Scripting session accompanied with Fruit and Weaponsofassdestruction.

I was interested to try out, what happens if no-life scripts on tight schedule xD
Worked out quite well. Got some new stuff added to game.

While I was scripting, quite many hours was spent on server by Fruit and Weaponsofassdestruction. They both pretty much saw almost everything I have in game xD. (saw, not compeleted)
Both are Mages. (infact all the players who played last 2 weeks are mages xD)
both players produced 35 death total in the last 24h xD
That seems like good time for someone new to join with new class and camp town to ask items from all the mages.
They both reported lot of spell drops and item drops. But none of them were meant for mages.

I'm little sad that I didn't have time to fight boss battles with them and they weren't online together at the same time. They both missed out the most fun part of my game xD (well I actaully did do 1 boss fight with weaponsofass)
But still seems they had fun, why else they would spend hours dieing non-stop and coming back another day to die more?

also they found total 7 new bugs, what I'm going to fix as soon as I get my new monsters ready. (hopefully somewhere at start of next week)

------

Today morning my server crashed.
crash reason: player didn't exist when player died.

When player dies in my game then I remove all effects (stun effect, potion effects, etc) from him.
But somehow Weaponsofassdestruction died twice at the same time?! and removing effects from player who didn't exist caused crash.

anyway that problem is already fixed on test server xD

My god I'm getting exited again. New regular monsters are almost ready.
I'm not sure should give brief overview what new monsters are capable of doing or should it be surprise for players who play on my server.

Anyway, by the looks of it, Bandit Rogue is ready :p

Today me and friend will play and hopefully we complete all the things what I currently have for my server and then we will brainstorm ideas what unique effects should new items have to improve vocations weaknesses.

Back