• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

There seems to be an issue in the tutorial - you cannot pass the first combat section with the tutorial poles. When you enter, you are stripped of all spells and your vials of water. Returning to the previous room and reacquiring the spells and water results in losing them again when you enter the next room.

EDIT:
I got passed this room by collecting the wood, selling it, storing the gold in my own dead body (not that the floor clears, but bodies are not removed so it is safe to store it here), returning and repeating, until I had 100 GP to buy the leather armor. Then I passed though without killing a single pole.
I will address this issue right now.

EDIT:

Fixed the bug + the spellBook bug where you were not able to see formulas.

EDIT2 :
Post 1 Is up to date.

Last edited:
Yesterday played alone for few hours and there were simple things bugging me.

So I did another silent patch, addressing the things what didn't feel right and everything else I came across with while improving scripts.

I changed few spell sfor mages (only played mage yesterday)

imp: mana cost increased to 100 from 50
imp: damage boost fixed (it didnt boost 10% it boosts 110% xD) [didn't abuse it that much :D:D killed Archanos only few times, but that was not that easy!!]
imp: no longer takes damage from your own spark and death spells (It did add some skill factors to cast your aoe spells, but with the damage fix and mana cost increase, it would not be worth to make imp if you would have to make sure you won't kill it yourself and what is the point of spell when nobody uses it?)
imp: fixed spellbook information
spark and death: spell information more accurate in spellbook
spark and death: the distance damage boost no longer scales from itself reducing the final outcomes by a small margin.

Casting spell what is under cooldown now says how long cooldown lasts (in seconds)

You can now stack ALL stackable items on bag even if you don't have free slots in bag. (this is automatic functions, so hopefully it will work with every item without bugging it out, if error comes then items get duped xD)

Fxed bug where staged loot did not work (bosses dropped less items then they should have, due to this bug) and most monters who were suppose to drop gold in regular manner are now going to do it.

Bandits drop more gold and less leather items now. Yesterday felt like every 2nd bandit dropped a freaking leather armor. Reduced leather drop from 8% to 4% and increase gold drop by a little.

Reworded loot bag and teleport rune.
They work they same way like before for player, but created now 2 functions what will allow me to manipulate item custom features very easily.
Now loot bag and teleport rune both use same function.

One day I will use these functions to make items playerBound on drop (what I mean is, others can't take certain items from you even if you dropped in ground like lootbag.)
Eventually going to improve bags in general, so these functions are needed. More similar bags will come like lootbag. (herb bag, gem bag)

Youtube clips are ready and edited.
Now going to put them together the way you all get seizure! xD (you will see eventually what it means :D)
It will take me 2-3 days more to put it on youtube.

Alright well I'm little behind my own short term schedule xD
Planned to release the video on sunday, but editing took more time than expected and the clip transactions took me extra 2 days xD (talking about the shaky music few second moments)
(video)

At Friday we will stream again around 19:30 PM
This date wont be changing, however I don't think I will be push any major changes to server.

Also the source update wont come this week (not even sure will it be next week)
This Linux is stealing too much of my time and ain't that easy to setup.
Besides I want to code something awesome again :D

Improve Task Master tasks. Instead of resting 1 random task per day instead it will reset 4 random tasks per week, but they on cycle.
(1 from beasts + cyclops. 1 from bandits. 1 from undeads, 1 from semi bosses)
What I mean mean by cycle is that it will be weekly thing, if you do any of these the week its highlighted then you get extra rewards.
Of course the first time tasks will stay, gotta get them skillpoint yo ;D
I will get this done I guess, since it takes the least time to do. + There is few more improvements I would like to add to tasks.

And then going to work on this next: Make my own respawn system.

I assume it will take me 2-3 days. Which means this update won't come this weekend.
However when it does come, then server early game gets harder again so you might want to get level 4 before that happens, until I smooth things out again.
Why will it be harder though?
Since White Deer will be summoned randomly anywhere in forest, it can spawn quite close to forest edge where you meet the first enemy and you don't want White Deer to be among them xD
I designed the edge of forest so that first monsters you meet are wolfs and deers and they are quite far from eachother,
But with that update, they can randomly spawn too close to eachother with some boars/bears mixed in.
I will try to make the random spawner as smart as possible and split forest into "level zones", but don't know how well it will turn out and even then the zone edges could get dangerous if RNG allows.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.5.6

Tutorial:
Added secret area to tutorial room which allows to skip all basic tutorial rooms and teleports right into boss fight room.
However for this you need to think outside of box and know how some things work in Whi World.

Minigame:
Challenge event:
Fixed bug where killing last monster in challenge room did not automatically start new wave.

Tasks:
Made a new reset method, this means that random tasks now reset once per week depending what group they belong to.
Forest beast group: deer, bear, boar, wolf
bandit group: all bandits and cyclops
bosses: all bosses
undeads: skeleton, ghost, ghoul, skeleton warrior (+ mummy when released)
You no longer have to take killing task to get rewarded with skillpoint. You know that monster is worth killing when you see this message: "You are getting more skilled by killing [monsterName]"

Task completing reputation values changed

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.5.7

Tutorial:
When you discover a secret how to skip tutorial, now it correctly update your character and lift all tutorial limitations too. (like can't look monsters or attack creatures or climb, etc)

Climbing:

Changed the way people can climb over rails.
Now when using rail you climb ON the rail, not "jump" over the rail.

You no longer can climb down to places where there is no floor

Minigame:
Challenge event:
Fixed bug where killing multible last monster at same time ended the challenge
Drinking game: Whenever someone has to drink, all player will get message who has to drink.

Tasks:
Removed level limitations from task.
If you are capable of killing skeleton at level 2, good for you.
You deserve the skillpoint which will come from killing few of them.

Monsters:
Ghost: can no longer block the button which will reveal the ghosts
Ghost: No longer can teleport you back to rooted catacombs, when you die.

Quests:

quest object no longer advice you to use command !questlog xD (because it doesn't exist anymore)
Ghoul Room: No longer need change all the tiles in puzzle room. The 2nd floor will already unlock if you complete 90% of puzzle.

Items:

Stacking item system reworked. You can now stack stackable items even if you bag is full (this like a hax for TFS bug)
NB! this is not tested troughly and if something goes wrong it WILL crash the server. If it crashes let me know what item you moved and what items you had in bag so I can fix it.

Randomized stats!

Don't remember who suggested it, but i think it was @PEMUS (If I'm giving credit to wrong person, let me know xD)
Idea was to have some stats randomized on drop. It was good idea and I implemented it.
Now looting same item again might actually be small improvement.
Only original stats are randomized on item.
Every stat has its own modifer, which can either add or deduct from original stat.
Item stat values are only randomized, when they are dropped by monster.
Example: item has original stat Fire Resistance + 10%. Then the loot drop outcome for Fire Resitance can be between 7%-13%

When looking weapons, you can now see the weapon: speed, dps, minimum damage and maximum damage

Spells:
Mend:
Typo is script xD, this now heals again.
Mend: (I can not fix "using last mend rune.." green text, I need to make source edit for this)
Imp: You can now remove the imp by choosing it as an attack target. (I died too many times because this asshole blocked me >.>)

Stats:

Damage per second calculation is now more accurate
Added negative class passive effects to player stats too

Last edited:
And then going to work on this next: Make my own respawn system.
I assume it will take me 2-3 days. Which means this update won't come this weekend.
However when it does come, then server early game gets harder again so you might want to get level 4 before that happens, until I smooth things out again.
I started making this system.

If you have any cool ideas what features respawn system should hold, let me know.

Current features are: (when its written here, it doesn't mean I have it implemented, some of ideas might also be skipped until there is more reason to add it)
Monsters are randomly spawned to entire area (instead of the specific location)
There is limit how many monsters can be spawned on area, however the limit automatically increases by the amount of players in server and/or how fast the spawns are cleared from area.
Each area can hold different monster limits (for example forest near desert area, only can have total of 2 bears, but random amount of other named monsters until total limit reached)
Monsters have random health (but close enough to original HP)
Monster can have more abilities, be stronger and/or drop more/less loot. (like different versions of same monster)
Players can create a monsterless route trough area if every time monster is killed on the path. (although this will make the "offroad" much more dangerous, because it means the monster moved somewhere else)

Today reworked entire questSystem again xD
Everything is up to date now (expect bandit mountain quest) It will get rework along with entire area.

Also when looting item from object it no longer drops it under you, but instead says: "You don't have enough cap to loot it" (or something like that, already forgot xD)

Tomorrow I try to finish all bandit area scripts + rework the bandit quest.
If it goes smoothly then also gona work on new quests and missions for that area.

o deam.
2nd day making quest. Hopefully tomorrow I get it done.

You can an expect something amazing and mindblowing (in terms of OT tibia) :D

Quest wont be that long though, it's more of a RP quest with fighting.
Technically it is very detailed and added lot of new useful compat functions to manipulate parties.
Nothing what can be seen with naked eye. Just very useful for me to make more of party quests.
This is the main reason it takes so long.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6

Other:
Server is saved less often.
My server used to crash a lot so saved it often, but for few months this has not happened so I increase the same time too from 3 times a day to once every 3 days.
Improved GOD's. Game Masters can now execute Lua functions and/or write Lua lines in the game
Community! Every time someone logs in or off, all players get notification. Since my server is small there is not that much of a spam.
Game Channel. I was suggested to use channel for quest and npc chats. Right now channel shows npc chat. It doesn't look good imo, but let know what you think of it.
Shop. When selling item to Npc it no longer sells items from equipment slot.
Fields. All fields last longer (this means they deal a little more dmg)

Tutorial:
Improved tutorial.
In look room you have 1 sec more time to look stones in correct order.
Fixed Bug. In bag room when you finished the room but someone was already doing the next room. It will no longer bug out and lets you complete it when other player finishes
Fixed Bug. Tutorial earth sword can now be looked.

Hardcore:
Free teleports.
In hardcore rooms there is tile where using hardcore teleport rune wont take a charge.

Minigame:
SpeedBall:
You now earn points correctly when you use points multiplier
drinking game: You can now play it again
Challenge event: Finishing challenge no longer teleports you to starting area tomb.

Highscore:
Boss highscores are now recorded correctly.

Spells:
Imp:
Look Imp twice in row to banish it.

Quests:

Rewrote entire questSystem
Bandit Quest: reworked a little. Every player has to do it a little differently. So you no longer can guide others how to finish it.
Abducted Quest: new quest in Bandit Mountain

Monsters:
Forest monsters use new spawning system. Which means they spawn to random location, with random attributes, etc.
So like lot of server like to say: "I changed monster attributes therefor its new monster", in that sense I got over 100k different monster in my server xD

Items:
ALL bag's get +1 slot
ALL backpacks get +2 slot
Loot Bag:
All loot bags are removed from game. If you had any, you need to find them again or do the quest again. (there is now 3 different loot bags in game)
Loot bag: Instead of "placing items inside bag" it now sends items directly to depot.
New items: Gem Bag and Herb Bag (can be bought from tanner if specific quest completed)
Didn't know there is 10sec gif limit... And giphy makes it so small you hardly see anything.. and takes half of the quality away... I give up making gifs ... not worth it.
vUJPNybWIFc7C.gif
DCXOQtFumIS4M.gif
Spellbook:
Thunderstruck bonus is now displayed correctly in spellbook.
If spell doesn't have formula you wont get the button to choose to see formula.

Stats:
Spell list.
You can now see other player spells, by looking their character

Map:
Bandit Mountain:
Area detailed by @Apollos

Last edited:
EDIT: nvm, I fucked up. I need to start host manually... This is going to happen friday.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6 HOTFIXES

Tutorial:
Several things got broken in tutorial, fixed all the found problems.

Tanner rep system asks for much less bulk of items.

Food:
Ham:
Wight reduced from 50'oz to 40

Hardcore:
You can pass hardcore room doors if you haven't died in past 2 hours instead of 6 hours.

Tools:
Pickaxe:
Fixed, now removes annoying cyclops stones.

Spells:
Imp:
Imp will loose 3 hp per sec.

Monsters:
Big Daddy:
Falling stone spells work again.

Last edited:
Alright so I shut down host yesterday.(teamviewer screwd me over), but that doesn't mean everything will stand still.

Meanwhile I'm going to add these missing mission(s) to bandit mountain.
Improve gems on shields. (as I find few of them useless compared to others)
+ make them more convenient. Less text on item and make npc know thing or 2 about gems.

And finally, choose one what you want to see in next patch.
1. new content (for endgame): Mummy room with: new monster, items +1 quest
or
2. new quest in forest (for early game). which is more of a puzzle quest

This day passed away in pretty medicated state.
However today morning I did finish new patch.

Just gotta put server back online.

Even though there is Therran doing awesome closed beta run, I will keep on bumping things out as soon as they get ready.

I didn't create the new side quest, but it can be triggered already xD

Even right now my thoughts are wide.
Thinking if I should turn my server into test server, so players could try ever single thing separately, without having to start from the beginning.
The RP part is not that deep yet. But its taken shape.

Also its very tempting to make some simple grind server too xD (all my framework already supports all of that, all I would have to do is configure it)
And something what never ends, (auto scaleable). When players get stronger then monsters get better and their loot gets better.
Instead of selling items, all they have to drop it to get gold for it and whenever someone wants to pick it up, he can buy it from floor and you get even more extra money.
Price is set by game itself too depending on rarity. Players only grind monsters. Same thing i see on every other server, just this doesn't end.
Why all this? because I can.

But back to Whi World.
I think I feel a little matrix recently and want to use some brain power. This spellcreating system requires rework.
Going to make it more cleaner, increase performance, make it even more easier to config and fix 1 important issue somehow.
the Issue is that if onThink() is activated I cant force monsters to follow other monsters. But if i get that working. Bye, bye NPC's a. And I will be 1 step closer to war event.

Just wondering should I make boss before this huge task or after. Because i assume spellCreating system takes me over 2 weeks (80+ hours) '
Right now people are not fighting too much in the rooted catacombs but, more and more loot from that zone are equipped on players.

Last edited:
Are we still able to log in and such? I havent been able to get on the website or log in for a while now

Are we still able to log in and such? I havent been able to get on the website or log in for a while now
sorry, we blew up the host for good.
Installing new server on raspberry as we speak. May take a while though, quite a noob in that matter xD
Trying to make website to work atm

Fun fact. All accounts are deleted.

EDIT: server so called start hopefully happens in 2-3 days

Last edited:
Such a sad day.... :( all my work :b
ye. idd, but trying to get back the database is too much effort xD, I myself don't have the hardware for that.
Only thing I did backup for was the highscores xD, because my brain didn't think of making backup for entire database.

Since the server starts from the beginning I could use this moment as an opportunity to change how to gain exp and what it does.

Currently the level experience was not rly under control. I myself didn't even know what was the max level in the server and increasing HP and MP each level was just a little dull.

So here are few ideas: Let me know which you would like or not like.
1. Percent exp rewards.
Rewards will give % amount of exp. Then it wont matter are you going to make the hardest quest of game or easiest one. If they give same % then you get same % xD (if that makes sense)
2. Everything gives exp. Since its RPG game, perhaps the Level of player should show how much he knows and much he has done in game?
a. Looking an unique object first time. +1% exp.
b. Killing monster first time. +5% exp.
c. crafting items. +1% exp.
d. using unique objects for first time. +1% exp.
e. Learning new stuff trough npc's. +x% exp.
(Missions and quests wont give exp rewards, but in the process there will be quite many things to earn these from.)
Well that's that. What you think about the 2nd idea?
If you have any more experience ideas, let me know.

What will levels do?
1. unlock new content.
By that I mean new missions or events or something. Event though some might disagree with setting things behind some virtual number, but then again. It will keep the flow of game quite smooth. You already have plenty of options to choose from. Putting out 100+ missions on questlog will just make it messy.
2. unlocks todo list. If the 2nd idea is going to be used (how to get exp) then also higher levels will create todo list of things they have skipped in game (what give 1+% exp). For example: putting campfire back on fire or looking some certain piece of equipment or creating some specific item you don't need :D
3. Alternates Spell Formulas. I will keep that one, but I will remove the hp and mp gain you get from levels.

Well that's about it for now. What you think? Please give more ideas if you have some.

Change is coming.

EDIT: brings back memories xD
wNK4pA.png

Last edited:
Looks like I'm not able to put server up this week.
problems keep stacking up with the operating system and host location change ;/

But I'm working around the clock to set it all up and fix the issues.

About the exp change I mentioned last post. Seems that the few people who gave their opinion did not like the idea of adding exp to everything and think its already good as it is.
Main reason why they didn't like it was because it would have removed the fun of exploring.

The opinions were 1 sided, so I will drop that idea then :D
and now go to opposite direction. What if I remove player level from Whi World?

Back