• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Why not: Max level

It doesn't matter if you find any sprites from Tibia in Phobos or not. If it's made with open tibia tools then it's OTS, nothing more, nothing less.
You could download TFS, OTClient, open tibia sprite pack so that none of the Cipsoft sprites are in your client and launch a server. Will you call it a new game...? don't be pathetic, custom ots its still ots
btw. phobos is really poor

tibia community love grinding and leveling up so level cap isn't a good thing for tibia servers
Really think this is a sad comment.

If someone takes this engine , changes the systems but still use a few of them and changes all sprites then its an ot?

Hmph then tibia is actually ultima and not tibia so tibia is an ot itself.

Really think this is a sad comment.

If someone takes this engine , changes the systems but still use a few of them and changes all sprites then its an ot?

Hmph then tibia is actually ultima and not tibia so tibia is an ot itself.
Sad? Why sad? Since when the truth is sad? As i said in a different thread:
If you download and play a total conversion mod for Skyrim or Mount and Blade Bannerlord, you still play skyrim or bannerlord. Just because everything looks different it doesnt mean you play a new game. Its just a mod.
It works the same with OT Servers.

As far as i know Cipsoft never used ultima engine or client.

If you download and play a total conversion mod for Skyrim or Mount and Blade Bannerlord, you still play skyrim or bannerlord. Just because everything looks different it doesnt mean you play a new game. Its just a mod.

And if I download the Unreal Engine and make a game in it will it be the Unreal Engine or {put_any_game_name}

Yes, sadly it is a "dead" game (there are on average ~5 players online but sometimes we can have like 10~15), but that is completely irrelevant to the fact that all these comments are lies / bullshit since there is nothing from Tibia in that game, its pure hate for no particular reason.
And yes of course the game existed before they put it on Steam, it was released in Steam at that time, its been going on in development regardless of it.
Also I am 100% confident there's no virus in this game lol. We have a pretty strong yet small community for several years, where everybody knows the devs for +10 years and been running the games on our machines during all that time, do you really think there would be virus lol. Obviously that is either a false positive or something else. I really don't understand why there's so much free hate here. You can call it a dead game all you want because that's true but why come with free hate or untruthful shit.

Phobos is a beautiful project, sadly "dead" because it lacked development speed for a long time, but its one worth some honor among the OT community as I said its been around as long as the OT itself, its known by many old devs and artists that were present in the community back then.
After reading your comments it looks like you are a dev of this crap
Post automatically merged:

And if I download the Unreal Engine and make a game in it will it be the Unreal Engine or {put_any_game_name}
I trust you are confused but let me explain - unreal engine is made for developers to create their own games, for different genres, different graphics, perspective, different theme. This is engine to create games. You could do the wither in it and tibia too. So.

The forgotten server(or any other OT.engine) is engine made to literally run tibia server. That's the only purpose of it. Otclient is made to connect to tibia server.
Tfs and otclient could be output of work on unreal engine.
If you want a new game, start from scratch on UE instead of editing a ready product

Last edited:
The forgotten server(or any other OT.engine) is engine made to literally run tibia server. That's the only purpose of it. Otclient is made to connect to tibia server.
Tfs and otclient could be output of work on unreal engine.
If you want a new game, start from scratch on UE instead of editing a ready product
UE has similar capabilities server-wise as TFS; it gives the developer functions to use, and you can also edit them or write new ones.

Same with OTC. It is not shipped with any sprites. It's based on Tibia as the default project and its UI. However, it doesn't mean that it forces you to use these components or rebuild them (the same happens in UE, where you have ready components you can use or not).

You can possibly build any isometric 2D multiplayer (or singleplayer) game using TFS and OTC.

UE has similar capabilities server-wise as TFS; it gives the developer functions to use, and you can also edit them or write new ones.
OK, so, since today we're going to use WOW private servers to host tibia servers as it seems it doesn't matter what stuff you use. the capabilities are the same so it's gonna work perfectly

Same with OTC. It is not shipped with any sprites. It's based on Tibia as the default project and its UI. However, it doesn't mean that it forces you to use these components or rebuild them (the same happens in UE, where you have ready components you can use or not).
It's not shipped with any sprites as imagine its weight with all tibia versions .dats and .sprs. Also, by not providing Cipsofts .dat and .spr they don't break the license/law.

You can possibly build any isometric 2D multiplayer (or singleplayer) game using TFS and OTC.
You can build any OTS you want with TFS and with OTC, yes.

If you want to create a new game here's what steps are needed:
1. download TFS/OTClient
2. open folders with source
3. Ctrl + A
4. Delete
5. start from scratch

Items can be bought, levels not.
2ndly you get level caps for spells etc.
It just makes sense to have it.
Regards,
Tofame

Items can be bought, levels not.
2ndly you get level caps for spells etc.
It just makes sense to have it.
Regards,
Tofame
It's pretty standard for someone from Venezuela to level up Americans' characters for $.

The typical brainrot formula for mmorpgs doesn't apply to tibia at all so that's why we don't see it.
I think people forget that the current mmorpg formula is literally them farming humans, it has nothing to do with gaming or anyone enjoying their content. So copying it is never a good idea unless you want to farm humans.... which most ots don't, they want to farm tibia players and you can't farm tibia players by not making a tibia server.

hmph i have a feeling you are just trying to bait people with stupid comments.

hmph i have a feeling you are just trying to bait people with stupid comments.
Ive got a similar feeling about people who believe they could create a new game out of tfs & otclient

I think what makes Tibia so unique is that there are no caps, in both skills and level.
One can grow as powerful as they want to become.

This has dire consequences for players that are playing for years on a server and are still active, meaning nobody could ever catch up with them, but it does create the unique feeling of character growth, which is something very hard to achieve in gaming in general.

Personally, I like soft caps, progression-wise, like you can go everywhere you want but it wouldn't be viable to go to the next area because the content is for higher levels.
Unless you got a good weapon and equipment you can challenge stronger content.

Next to Tibia I cannot really think of a game I played where there are no caps in character progressions, and I really like Tibia's design in this regard, to limit character progression in this game is to limit the whole concept and is bound to fail if not thought through.

It is however entirely possible to create a server with caps, but it would require a more orchestrated game design, as you need to guide the player through the content.
Rise of Abbadon's is a server that comes to mind, it had no level caps or anything but the gameplay was very "guided" you needed to complete a quest to progress to the next area.

I miss that server :(

Ive got a similar feeling about people who believe they could create a new game out of tfs & otclient
At a certain point the game does become its own! Especially if one has changed core mechanics on the inside AND the looks on the outside, only thing left in common is the fact its top-down 2d mmo and perhaps the protocol/packet structures..... otherwise, it wouldn't be right to call tibia its own game, we would just say its an ultima clone and every 3d mmo is just a everquest clone, and all the shooters are either a medal of honor, or james bond clone 😄

Now I'm not speaking about phobos, or any other OT based game in particular... but to think that someone can't start with a working client and server (ie otc/tfs) and transform them into something that is not at all "OT" anymore... that's just plain nonsense.

tibias main hook is constant progression
infinite scaling skills/exp is the core of this

by removing this core hook you need to ensure its replaced with something better
over 15 years of ots, hell, over 20 years of MMOS, no other system has beat this basic concept
the responsibility lies on you to show us a system that is 'better', not the other way around

In other games character level doesn't work like it does in Tibia, character level and skills are whee most damage bonuses comes from. You would have to adjust a lot of core mechanics if there was level cap. In other rpgs you gain points per level to distribute across stats or spells that determine strength of your character. Wheel of destiny could work here but it would have to grant way bigger bonuses and have more options to choose form. Infinite scaling is partly what makes Tibia Tibia.

At a certain point the game does become its own! Especially if one has changed core mechanics on the inside AND the looks on the outside, only thing left in common is the fact its top-down 2d mmo and perhaps the protocol/packet structures..... otherwise, it wouldn't be right to call tibia its own game, we would just say its an ultima clone and every 3d mmo is just a everquest clone, and all the shooters are either a medal of honor, or james bond clone 😄

Now I'm not speaking about phobos, or any other OT based game in particular... but to think that someone can't start with a working client and server (ie otc/tfs) and transform them into something that is not at all "OT" anymore... that's just plain nonsense.
And all MMOs are clones of neverwinter
Haha, okay, name one OTS that you wouldn't notice its acutally OTS but believe its a separate game :D

When you look at any isometric 2d MMO, for example, Endless Online, Ultima Online, Darkages, or even re:spite, do you see OTS? i don't think so
when you look at Ravendawn, poke-server, Dragonball servers, Medivia, Phobos... how much time do you need to recognise its actually custom ots?
Have you seen at least one server that was changed so badly that you didn't recognise out beloved OTC immediately? :D

//edit
even found some MMO with square sprites and so on:
you know, you see it's not OTS immediately. Its actually a new game. It's clear to see.
I know you could make something similar with OTC but using OTC it'll be always noticable its just OTC

1718881028979.png

Last edited:
max level is cool and stuff but you need itemization to be advanced enough to support further progression, not this tibia shit with amor/ +dist skill and small ress

the skills is in the player got nothing to do with levels
create the unique feeling of character growth, which is something very hard to achieve in gaming in general.
to limit character progression in this game is to limit the whole concept and is bound to fail if not thought through.
would require a more orchestrated game design, as you need to guide the player through the content.
tibia is a game of life just the same
we get the chance to show real character
and make a difference for another

free world offers most imo
watch things get ugly and play in the mud

Last edited:
I wondered why no good servers with the max level implemented exist.
I have been playing many MMO RPG games, and some have that mechanic pretty well implemented.

Benefits:
  • Optimized character progression - Players can fully optimize their characters.
  • Competitive PvP balance - In PvP scenarios, max-level characters remove unfair fights, making it more skill-based.
  • Content balance - With max level, it is easier to design challenging end-game content.

What do you think?
I believe that this could work great on 7.4-8.6 servers (especially with custom servers and mechanics).

Version 8.6 ✅
Custom server with custom mechanics ✅
Max level implemented (Hall of Fame) ✅
4 years online without resets ✅

Cyleria.pl – we have it all 😉

Back