• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Live Messenger Error80048820

KungeN

OTLand Security
Reaction score
I tryed to run [regsvr32 softpub.] i dont know what
that is i just opened google and tryedt to get help
the picture below thats when i tryed to run regsvr32 softpub.

And when i tryed to update windows i got an error too
i need help loggin my messenger help me i you can
i would be greatful see the screen

Msn Messenger Error 80048820
All From :
Fixed By :

TEST 1
Msn Messenger Error 80048820

You are unable to sign in.

"Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to the MSN Messenger at this time. Please try again later"

SOLUTION
If you are using a ‘NETGEAR Wirelss Router’ you will need to enter tthe ‘Netgear’ router set-up settings page, via internet Explorer.

1. Enter IP address 192.168.0.1 on the address bar.
  2. Log on via your user name and password of your ISP.
  3. Enter Admin, password
  4. GOTO advance menu (left hand side of screen)
  5. GOTO WAN set-up
  6. GOTO MTU size, and change to 1400
  7. Apply, OK.

TEST 2

MSN Messenger Error Code - 80048820

When you try and launch MSN Messenger and try to logon, you get an error message 80048820. A wild guess, your system time / date needs adjusting.
The Cause of Code 80048820

There are a variety of causes of this error:
1) Incorrect Proxy Setting for Internet Explorer.
2) softpub.dll may have become unregistered.
3) Your system clock may be showing an incorrect time (or date!).
4) Firewall problems.

The Solutions to MSN Error Code 80048820
Internet Explorer - Try removing Internet Explorer proxy server settings and go with the 'Automatically detect settings'.

1) Launch Internet Explorer, click "Tools" and then click Internet Options. From the Internet Options dialog box, go to the Connections tab. Click LAN Setting. Un check the Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) checkbox. Finally positively tick: 'Automatically detect settings'.

2) Register softpub.dll.
Click Start (Button), and then click Run, type regsvr32 softpub.dll. Restart MSN Messenger.

3) If necessary, logon as a local administrator, set the computer's clock to the correct date and time. (Check on the internet if possible.)

4) Turn off the firewall temporarily. Check firewall settings such as Norton: "Block access to secure sites". If this cures the problem, make sure that Microsoft's MSN Messenger is allowed full access through your firewall.

TEST 3

Solving error 80048820 - unable to sign in

Error code 80048820 is a common one with MSN Messenger 7.5 and Windows Live Messenger.

When you start MSN Messenger, you are unable to sign in.

“Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to the MSN Messenger at this time. Please try again later.”

Fix 80048820 MSN (Windows Live Messenger) Error.

-The system clock may be set incorrectly.
-The Dynamic Link Library (DLL) softpub.dll may not be registered on the system. -Internet Explorer may be using an invalid proxy server.
-Double click on the clock in the taskbar and make sure the system clock is set correctly.
-Register softpub.dll using the regsvr32.exe tool. Click Start, and then click Run

start.png

start run
In the Open box, type regsvr32 softpub.dll and then click OK.
run.png

regsvr32.png

# Restart MSN Messenger (WLM).

Remove any Internet Explorer proxy server settings.

1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools and then click Internet Options.
2. In the Internet Options dialog box, go to the Connections tab.
3. Click LAN Settings.
4. Untick the Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) checkbox.
5. Click OK and OK again Internet Options.

Related Fixes:

MSN Messenger Error Code - 80048820

Back