• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Xau Online is hiring (possibly a paid position)

Xau

Reaction score
Greetings.

As a few of you may have read on this thread, I'm working on my new server which is based on "Exysia", which I have bought. This server will be a teleport based server, with teleports to spawns and quests. However, you will still be able to walk places if you'd like to - mostly for war purposes. Please note most of the maps and scripts are finished, only a few more need to be added. In order to keep updates frequent, I'd like to hiring a few people to work alongside me. Please if you aren't going to keep up with the progress and slack off - don't apply. I will remove you from the team if for any reason you aren't keeping up, no exceptions.

About it being a paid position: at the beginning it is expected you are joining the server for "fun" and to work on a good server. In the future once we start generating profitable money (profitable means after hosting fees, domain fees, advertising fees, service fees etc) it is possible that we'll pay people on a per job basis. You won't get a set rate, but you may recieve tips and such on work. Also, if you ever need something like premium on real tibia or a donator membership on OtLand, we can work that out aswell.

Now for the hiring, these are the positions we are looking for:
Mappers: The mapper will work alongside myself in generating new quests, spawns and even cities. You will not have direct access to the map, but will be able to map individual places and have them imported into the server. Old pieces are accepted as well, as long as they aren't on a huge map that's already made.
Scripters: The scipter will create all sorts of scripts - from advanced all the way down to basic five line scripts. I want the mappers to focus on mapping, therefore we need scripters to take care of that sort of work. This could also involve simple tasks that could mean making new NPCs, renaming NPCs, organizing folders/scripts etc.
Tutors/Testers: Tutors and testers are basically the same thing. When the server is all up and ready, we'll host a BETA for a week where testers will be permitted to log in with an arrangement of different characters and test everything. Afterwards, they will be given a tutor position on the real server to help newcomers.

Also, I'd like to discuss in-game positions. It really depends on what you're willing to do, if you are just looking to map and script and not help with rule violations, you'll be given a "developer" position which is basically a gamemaster with a few less commands. All scripters and mappers will be given this position simply to test their scripts/maps in-game. If you would also like to help as a gamemaster, that's possible as well.

If you are interested in applying, please use the following format (copy and paste it):
Code:
[noparse]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Country:[/b]
[b]Languages you speak:[/b]
[b]Position you'd like to apply for:[/b]
[b]How active can you be:[/b]
[b]Why you want to be a part of the team:[/b]
[b]Previous work examples:[/b][/noparse]

Thank you for your attention and I'll update this thread with a forum link once I get it up and running.

Xau

Wezza, I don't use msn too often so it'd be preferred if you just PM me :)

well, my requirements to whoever I work with, is he have MSN.

I have MSN, but I don't use it often. If you show me examples and I like them I'll add you.

Name: Xazive, (Real Name, Robin.)

Languages you speak: Proper English and ofcourse Swedish.

Position you'd like to apply for: I'd like to apply as a Tutor/Tester

How active can you be: I will be online everyday, My school time is 09:00 - 15:00 GMT + 1

Why you want to be a part of the team: I've been retired from Tibia for a while now, so it's time to come back and play. I'd like to be a tutor because I like a fair community, I love to help out. I think I got the experience to be a tutor/tester because I've been playing Tibia for about 4-5 years so I know how to help out and respect people.
Previous work examples: I've been a gamemaster on a few servers and a mapper as well but mapper isn't really my thing.

I'll get back to you guys after I get a few more applications, thanks!

Name: Nerox, real name; Jelmer (dutch;d)
Languages you speak: English, dutch and a lil bit german but not good ;d
Position you'd like to apply for:Mapper
How active can you be: I can be active, but im in my last year of school, so need to finish my exams, but I got some free time too
Why you want to be a part of the team: It seems to be a nice server, and if there will be good features and nice scripts ect It will be awesome!
Previous work examples: I can show you if you want PM me.

Greetz..

Name: Logan

Languages you speak: English.

Position you'd like to apply for: Tutor/tester. Possibly mapping, most people can do it however our styles differ.

How active can you be: I work in the mornings from 6-11 AM Central time (chicago) Then on most days attend college afterwards for 4 hours, sometimes i do lots of homework, other days im usually free.

Why you want to be a part of the team: The best servers iv ever playd where once big custom maps and then were shrunken down into smaller teleport like maps. (Xerzee, Rain/Phantom, Russs) Also I am usually pretty good with ideas once a server is getting its layout started and i get the ideas of where the Ot wants to go.

Previous work examples: I don't really have a lot of previous work examples but there are a few things which i help a lot with good servers, that is movies, it gives people some form of entertainment and helps promote the servers. Most of my videos have been taken off of youtube from ots shutting down, i don't want to support an Ot that isnt online. Only way my video stays up is if I forget pass to acc on youtube for that ot =).

Other things: Few people don't know this about me but im obsessed over books/writing in general, and no im not a grammer freakazoid... I just enjoy a great story and also enjoy writing them. I can take simple scenarios like "Suddenly Amanda looks up, just in time to see the roof collapsing onto her." into a 10 page story, its what I do. I love to write storylines, and have a very active brain when it comes to ideas. Yes, I don't choose the easiest thing to script or write out, complexity is more enjoyable in the long run.

Okay guys, I'll respond asap to your apps.

@goten, please PM me examples

Waiting on those sprites ;)
Name: Logan

Languages you speak: English.

Position you'd like to apply for: Tutor/tester. Possibly mapping, most people can do it however our styles differ.

How active can you be: I work in the mornings from 6-11 AM Central time (chicago) Then on most days attend college afterwards for 4 hours, sometimes i do lots of homework, other days im usually free.

Why you want to be a part of the team: The best servers iv ever playd where once big custom maps and then were shrunken down into smaller teleport like maps. (Xerzee, Rain/Phantom, Russs) Also I am usually pretty good with ideas once a server is getting its layout started and i get the ideas of where the Ot wants to go.

Previous work examples: I don't really have a lot of previous work examples but there are a few things which i help a lot with good servers, that is movies, it gives people some form of entertainment and helps promote the servers. Most of my videos have been taken off of youtube from ots shutting down, i don't want to support an Ot that isnt online. Only way my video stays up is if I forget pass to acc on youtube for that ot =).

Other things: Few people don't know this about me but im obsessed over books/writing in general, and no im not a grammer freakazoid... I just enjoy a great story and also enjoy writing them. I can take simple scenarios like "Suddenly Amanda looks up, just in time to see the roof collapsing onto her." into a 10 page story, its what I do. I love to write storylines, and have a very active brain when it comes to ideas. Yes, I don't choose the easiest thing to script or write out, complexity is more enjoyable in the long run.

Name:Axtrox
Languages you speak:English/Spanish/Basic Portuguese
Position you'd like to apply for:Mapper
How active can you be:3h-5h
Why you want to be a part of the team:I'm currently looking to work on a good project for publicity and mapping showoff.
Previous work examples:I haven't had a 'job' but here are some showoff screenies:

naturel.png

ancienttemple.png

randomness2.png

shore2.png

Also you can click my signature to see my mapping thread

MSN: [email protected]

Back