• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Jonte`s Gallery

Nice, one thing tho. at the right side, there should also be some light (imagine a second sun at the right, but smaller) but not as powerfull like the light of the left part, it's called reflected light :p

I was following your works for some time, but I wasn't posting, because Thorn was giving you good tips and critique, so I wouldn't repeat it again :D

At first, I must say that you are improving for sure. Your sprites from beginning just were annoying for eyes, mostly due to simply coloring. Now you have some more intuition in shading. Keep developing it. I may suggest you to pick few pictures from real life and try to understand them. Focus on where are lights, peach highlights, darks, darkest part and reflected light (as Thorn wrote). It will come naturally in practice, you should think about objects as 3d structures.

Secondly, color picking and AA (It's best to find good pixel art examples and understand it on your own, check some tutorials for basics) is thing which is gonna boost your sprites quality significiantly. I noticed you slightly add hues to those grays, which is good move. Don't be afraid to push it sometimes even more. Your metal might be more brownish or blueish, never gray. Try hue shifting for more visual spices. I can see, that in your gold legs you stayed on yellow. In those darks you could push it toward orange . In color picking menu dark yellows are more resemblying me dirty greens, so I avoid them in golds. Read about color theory, cool n warm colors. You should find some interesting and helpful tips (for example how colors work together, affect each other).

Lastly, why your items are so small? Maybe that's your personal preference or style, but don't be afraid to make much more bigger equipment. This way you could play more with shapes. If you need some ideas, you can do some research for armors, weaponry throughout history and place.

I'm looking forward for your sprites :>

I was following your works for some time, but I wasn't posting, because Thorn was giving you good tips and critique, so I wouldn't repeat it again :D

At first, I must say that you are improving for sure. Your sprites from beginning just were annoying for eyes, mostly due to simply coloring. Now you have some more intuition in shading. Keep developing it. I may suggest you to pick few pictures from real life and try to understand them. Focus on where are lights, peach highlights, darks, darkest part and reflected light (as Thorn wrote). It will come naturally in practice, you should think about objects as 3d structures.

Secondly, color picking and AA (It's best to find good pixel art examples and understand it on your own, check some tutorials for basics) is thing which is gonna boost your sprites quality significiantly. I noticed you slightly add hues to those grays, which is good move. Don't be afraid to push it sometimes even more. Your metal might be more brownish or blueish, never gray. Try hue shifting for more visual spices. I can see, that in your gold legs you stayed on yellow. In those darks you could push it toward orange . In color picking menu dark yellows are more resemblying me dirty greens, so I avoid them in golds. Read about color theory, cool n warm colors. You should find some interesting and helpful tips (for example how colors work together, affect each other).

Lastly, why your items are so small? Maybe that's your personal preference or style, but don't be afraid to make much more bigger equipment. This way you could play more with shapes. If you need some ideas, you can do some research for armors, weaponry throughout history and place.

I'm looking forward for your sprites :>
Thanks man for supporting me :) i will take your advices and train on them ;)

The update for today :)
My first wall ever: Wall 1.png
My first Book Ever: Book 1.png
And some random stuff, its the first im trying alot of the stuff below so some of them looks like shit for example the demon shield and the dragon:
Axe 3.png Armor 26.png Sword 8.png Hammer 2.png Shield 2.png Sword 7.png Dragon 1.png Shield 6.png

The update for today :)
My first wall ever: View attachment 27336
My first Book Ever: View attachment 27337
And some random stuff, its the first im trying alot of the stuff below so some of them looks like shit for example the demon shield and the dragon:
View attachment 27338 View attachment 27339 View attachment 27340 View attachment 27341 View attachment 27342 View attachment 27343 View attachment 27344 View attachment 27345
Damn Jonte, i admire how motivated you are :)
well well, there are a few things i would like to say. The blue armor looks cool, but, if you add more details, remember that you can aply more light and shades that can make it look even better, just a suggestion. Also, that doll? is it a dragon? I'm sorry but it doesn't look like a dragon, you should study dragon basic anatomy and redo it :) (don't listen to this if is not a dragon) and the mace i think is pretty cool :p
keep it on! :D

Damn Jonte, i admire how motivated you are :)
well well, there are a few things i would like to say. The blue armor looks cool, but, if you add more details, remember that you can aply more light and shades that can make it look even better, just a suggestion. Also, that doll? is it a dragon? I'm sorry but it doesn't look like a dragon, you should study dragon basic anatomy and redo it :) (don't listen to this if is not a dragon) and the mace i think is pretty cool :p
keep it on! :D
Thanks :) yeah alot of the stuff there like the dragon and the demon shield is like the first time i have even tried so i will practice on it and i will look on the dragon basics and ill proberbly work on the armor later :)

damn, the last armor, damnn, hell of a progress :)

I agree with Thorn, the red armor looks really good, although maybe make the body part a bit bigger.

Back