• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[10.77][TFS 1.2] ORTS, a real map project

Don't know if anyone still monitors this or not, but I have an issue. I downloaded the map and npc data and replaced it into proper folders, but nothing changed, I am stuck in the TFS 1.2 opening areas with no npcs and cannot figure it out. this is my first try with an OT so I may just suck. Any help would be appreciated though.

Don't know if anyone still monitors this or not, but I have an issue. I downloaded the map and npc data and replaced it into proper folders, but nothing changed, I am stuck in the TFS 1.2 opening areas with no npcs and cannot figure it out. this is my first try with an OT so I may just suck. Any help would be appreciated though.
You need the entire thing, there are libs on other folders. It's not a modular thing.

This orts project was last updated 3 years age, and forgottenserver is still actively developed. From what I see its not compatible anymore, well not 100%, you probably need some scripting for make it work. I think that compiling forgottenserver version from 3 years ago and using it could work... But personally I think that updating orts to current forgottenserver version would be event better, orts was great project. If I have enough time I'll work on that and I try post results here

This orts project was last updated 3 years age, and forgottenserver is still actively developed. From what I see its not compatible anymore, well not 100%, you probably need some scripting for make it work. I think that compiling forgottenserver version from 3 years ago and using it could work... But personally I think that updating orts to current forgottenserver version would be event better, orts was great project. If I have enough time I'll work on that and I try post results here
sorry I posted with wrong account

Hello, thanks for sharing. I just got my server up and running after a week of making many mistakes! I am on TFS 1.2/10.98 with the basic map and data pack that comes with it. How hard it is to move to this data and map pack (if I'm saying that correctly)?

Hello, thanks for sharing. I just got my server up and running after a week of making many mistakes! I am on TFS 1.2/10.98 with the basic map and data pack that comes with it. How hard it is to move to this data and map pack (if I'm saying that correctly)?
Difficulty will come depending on what distro you are using (if it has any source edits from the original)
If you are using just plain old TFS 1.2 it is extremely easy.
Just replace the data folder with this one and you are good to go.

try this one:

Done but my server wont come online:

<code>
> Loading map
[Fatal - Map::loadMap] Invalid OTBM file format
ERROR: Failed to load map
No services running. The server is NOT online.

Lua Script Error: [GlobalEvent Interface]
data/globalevents/scripts/wrath of the emperor quest/spyHoles.lua:eek:nThink
...alevents/scripts/wrath of the emperor quest/spyHoles.lua:18: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__index'
...alevents/scripts/wrath of the emperor quest/spyHoles.lua:18: in function <...alevents/scripts/wrath of the emperor quest/spyHoles.lua:11>
[Error - GlobalEvents::think] Failed to execute event: WotESpyHoles

</code>

need to research what is happening here
Post automatically merged:

i did unrar the map.rar file in linux and set the config to the correct map

Done but my server wont come online:

<code>

[Fatal - Map::loadMap] Invalid OTBM file format

Lua Script Error: [GlobalEvent Interface]
data/globalevents/scripts/wrath of the emperor quest/spyHoles.lua:eek:nThink
...alevents/scripts/wrath of the emperor quest/spyHoles.lua:18: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__index'
...alevents/scripts/wrath of the emperor quest/spyHoles.lua:18: in function <...alevents/scripts/wrath of the emperor quest/spyHoles.lua:11>
[Error - GlobalEvents::think] Failed to execute event: WotESpyHoles

</code>

need to research what is happening here
Post automatically merged:

i did unrar the map.rar file in linux and set the config to the correct map
To get it to work i had to download the map.otbm file only to my windows laptop. The i used filezilla to upload to my linux server in the data/world directory. Worked like a charm. now im very happy!

try this one:
Surely this data pack won't work for tfs 10.98 right? I mean the map version won't be right etc.

Also has anyone tried to get this (ORTS data pack from this thread) working on tfs 1.4 10.98?
I did and got the basics working like logging in, fixed npcs talking, making doors work, add some GM commands, fixed swimming, etc, but I noticed more serious bugs like monsters not dropping loot and with no errors in console, monsters being sluggish, and connecting on localhost doesn't quite actually connect on localhost as my unstable ping affects latency in game even though I'm connected to 127.0.0.1 and bindOnlyGlobalAddress is set to false (tried both true and false).
Is this server affected by all the same issues when using TFS 1.2?

I also tried out EPucker's data pack for 10.98 and everything seemed the same, I'm guessing that most of these issues are source related.

Surely this data pack won't work for tfs 10.98 right? I mean the map version won't be right etc.

Also has anyone tried to get this (ORTS data pack from this thread) working on tfs 1.4 10.98?
I did and got the basics working like logging in, fixed npcs talking, making doors work, add some GM commands, fixed swimming, etc, but I noticed more serious bugs like monsters not dropping loot and with no errors in console, monsters being sluggish, and connecting on localhost doesn't quite actually connect on localhost as my unstable ping affects latency in game even though I'm connected to 127.0.0.1 and bindOnlyGlobalAddress is set to false (tried both true and false).
Is this server affected by all the same issues when using TFS 1.2?

I also tried out EPucker's data pack for 10.98 and everything seemed the same, I'm guessing that most of these issues are source related.
most likely because of data/events changes, specially monster loot that was moved from source to Lua, etc

Back