• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.4] Authentic Real Map - Extracted from TibiCAM files

asking the same thing :)
Retarded way which will consume way more time than it seems, but its easy to start: Othire/Nostalrius
The easy way: Some downgraded tfs 1.2 + some bugfixes like regex removal (this one is kinda important)
Harder way, but not that hard after all: Downgrade the newest branch. You can follow nekiro's example and see the changes he did to downgrade his releases, or even downgrade his downgrades.

If you want to know more about any of these ways, i can elaborate

Last edited:
People posting in this thread complaining there's map errors on this map are dumb as hell.
Just correct them and upload the fixed one? No reason to be a smartass without providing anything useful.
But it seems almost nobody in Otland want to share things with others anymore. Only a small percentage of the community still uploads free stuff and takes time to fix/correct errors. A great example of someone always acting like a smartass is this "kay" dude. Never uploading anything but always talking xD Truly cancerous behavior that doesn't belong in an open-source community.

This map is free for the community and you get what you pay for. It's by far the best free 7.4 map at least.

I decided to run this on othire and it works good for me and my users :)

yeah but im stil asking wich one of those distros are most stable, i dont care how hard it is to fix things for AVESTA or how easy it is to setup OTHIRE to read 7.4 maps.

yeah but im stil asking wich one of those distros are most stable, i dont care how hard it is to fix things for AVESTA or how easy it is to setup OTHIRE to read 7.4 maps.
It's actually easy to setup it for Othire, you just need to change the version on remere. What is a long task is to change every sprite back to 7.4, in order to use it both in remere's map editor and the client itself. But i guess you could achieve it through the sources, but the long way is good actually, you can learn about the glitchs and how to add/delete, change sprite/properties for items in the meanwhile.

Edit: For what i have read, Nostalrius is more stable than Othire, but Othire is way easier customizable.

Last edited:
A great example of someone always acting like a smartass is this "kay" dude. Never uploading anything but always talking xD Truly cancerous behavior that doesn't belong in an open-source community.
As if you were the one pushing anything forward. It's even funnier you say this now because only two pages earlier in this thread I was answering your questions about spawn system. People like you, demanding dunderheads who can't hold themselves back, are literally the reason why many share aversion to contribiuting to this said "open-source community". And ironically, those who demand the most are usually those who input the least.

Last edited:
As if you were the one pushing anything forward. It's even funnier you say this now because only two pages earlier in this thread I was answering your questions about spawn system. People like you, demanding dunderheads who can't hold themselves back, are literally the reason why many share aversion to contribiuting to this said "open-source community". And ironically, those who demand the most are usually those who input the least.
Hey there, could you answer my question wich distro is the best betwen othire/avesta because noone of those people have answered my question to 100% :D
Kind Regards.

Hey there, could you answer my question wich distro is the best betwen othire/avesta because noone of those people have answered my question to 100% :D
Kind Regards.
I did answer you on priv already. I can't really tell which of these is better or worse, because I never used them nor looked into.

anyone here got crash on map editor openning the cipsoft respawn convert? im using nostalrius map editor 99% loading map crash

Retarded way which will consume way more time than it seems, but its easy to start: Othire/Nostalrius
The easy way: Some downgraded tfs 1.2 + some bugfixes like regex removal (this one is kinda important)
Harder way, but not that hard after all: Downgrade the newest branch. You can follow nekiro's example and see the changes he did to downgrade his releases, or even downgrade his downgrades.

If you want to know more about any of these ways, i can elaborate
Hello, I am becoming interested in 7.4 emulation, so Ive been researching about the best way to get as close as possible to real map 7.4 gameplay.
I am thinking on using this map but Im also lost on which distro I should use with this, considering that while Id like to mimick 7.4 mechanics, I still want it to be customizable enough to add features such as loot messages, cast system, WASD walking, war system, and others alike. I just finished programming school so Im not scared to study the code and learn from it and to try and fix bugs.

Id really appreciate if you could elaborate on any of this questions. Any input is of great value to me.

When you say "retarded way", from my research I assume you meant using 7.72 othire/nostalrius found on github and adding stuff such as UH traps, removing items such as wands, rods, the rope spot thing, maybe closing out the map and other stuff that makes 7.4 different from 7.72. Is that right?

Now about the easy way. I have found a few threads like this one from Amiroslo, or maybe this one on fschuindt's github. There is also this one on mattyx14's github. Two questions about this, do you recommend any of this 3 (or maybe some other that I missed). And why is the regex removal important?

Last, sorry for the noob question, but what is a downgrade exactly? Is it a downgrade from a higher Tibia version that strips a few features from it? Example, what would be different in using Nekiro's 1.5 TFS downgraded to 7.72 or Amiroslo's 1.2 TFS downgraded to 7.4? And why people downgrade to 7.72 when there are already files like othire/nostalrius that are 7.72? Are specific TFS versions aimed at specific Tibia versions?

Ill be downloading a few of this distributions anyway just to compare and study them, and Ill try to put CipSoft's real files online in the next days just so I can test and compare any work I do on other distros with the real leaked servers. I am also assuming CipSoft's files are bad for customization as Ive read that before in the forums, otherwise Id just use them and limit the map to 7.4
If anyone else can also help answer any of my questions, or point directions that would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:
When you say "retarded way", from my research I assume you meant using 7.72 othire/nostalrius found on github and adding stuff such as UH traps, removing items such as wands, rods, the rope spot thing, maybe closing out the map and other stuff that makes 7.4 different from 7.72. Is that right?

Now about the easy way. I have found a few threads like this one from Amiroslo, or maybe this one on fschuindt's github. There is also this one on mattyx14's github. Two questions about this, do you recommend any of this 3 (or maybe some other that I missed). And why is the regex removal important?
It all depends on what you're aiming for:
Do you want a cipsoft server 7.4? then RE the leaked tarball and write your own server machine based on it, although it won't help you when it comes to customization, but is way a more solid engine (and old).
Do you want something like above but don't want to waste that much time + a bit more customization? Then i would go for Nostalrius.
Do you want something more customizable yet not that close to the real thing? Then i would go for Othire (you're gonna waste a big amount of time finding and fixing everything that is wrong there, so if your goal is something similar to cipsoft but not a 1:1 copy + you want to learn, go for it).
I can't say anything about Nekiro's downgrade or the other distros you pointed out there because i haven't put my hands on it.
I think that is what @4Nathu4 meant at least.
Last, sorry for the noob question, but what is a downgrade exactly? Is it a downgrade from a higher Tibia version that strips a few features from it? Example, what would be different in using Nekiro's 1.5 TFS downgraded to 7.72 or Amiroslo's 1.2 TFS downgraded to 7.4? And why people downgrade to 7.72 when there are already files like othire/nostalrius that are 7.72? Are specific TFS versions aimed at specific Tibia versions?
The main difference between those distros is that Nostalrius uses the real NPC system (and files) from cipsoft and got many more approaches to the real thing because it was built when @Ezzz got the files, in the other hand Othire was developed without the real files leaked so it got almost everything wrong when it comes to formulas, data, etc.
As for TFS and the downgrades, it's far from what the tarball used to be and got a lot of code that you wouldn't need if you are planning to host a 7.4 server, that's why a Nekiro's Downgrade would be recommended for you if you want to receive help from community (you can check TFS's commits and merge them to your own), sadly Othire isn't receiving any support neither Nostalrius., so taking those paths is on your own.

It all depends on what you're aiming for:
Do you want a cipsoft server 7.4? then RE the leaked tarball and write your own server machine based on it, although it won't help you when it comes to customization, but is way a more solid engine (and old).
Do you want something like above but don't want to waste that much time + a bit more customization? Then i would go for Nostalrius.
Do you want something more customizable yet not that close to the real thing? Then i would go for Othire (you're gonna waste a big amount of time finding and fixing everything that is wrong there, so if your goal is something similar to cipsoft but not a 1:1 copy + you want to learn, go for it).
I can't say anything about Nekiro's downgrade or the other distros you pointed out there because i haven't put my hands on it.
I think that is what @4Nathu4 meant at least.

The main difference between those distros is that Nostalrius uses the real NPC system (and files) from cipsoft and got many more approaches to the real thing because it was built when @Ezzz got the files, in the other hand Othire was developed without the real files leaked so it got almost everything wrong when it comes to formulas, data, etc.
As for TFS and the downgrades, it's far from what the tarball used to be and got a lot of code that you wouldn't need if you are planning to host a 7.4 server, that's why a Nekiro's Downgrade would be recommended for you if you want to receive help from community (you can check TFS's commits and merge them to your own), sadly Othire isn't receiving any support neither Nostalrius., so taking those paths is on your own.
Thanks mate, this made a lot of things more clear to me, really grateful for your answer. Now I have a good idea what all those distributions are. Indeed I aim for a cipsoft 7.4 server and I think the tarball would be good to make a 1:1 copy but would be bad to add new features, custom client etc so I intend to use it just for studying the formulas and behaviours.

I still have some questions thought. Why is the regex removal important in downgraded TFS 1.2? (and why is it not important in othire/nostalrius/newest branch downgrade)?

And again about the downgrades. Im still a bit lost, I dont think I really get it what a downgrade means. From my understanding, I gathered that specific TFS versions are aimed at specific Tibia versions? And a downgrade to 7.72 as exemple, would have the implementation of a few bugfixes from newer TFS versions but also stripped from code that makes it 10.98 to make it work on 7.72? (or whatever tibia version the newer TFS are aimed at?)?

As example, Nekiro's 7.72 downgrade says "This downgrade is not download and run distribution, monsters and spells are probably not 100% correct. You are welcome to submit a pull request though.". Does that mean that originally, after the downgrade monsters and spells were still from a newer tibia versions that they were downgraded from?

Last edited:
Thanks mate, this made a lot of things more clear to me, really grateful for your answer. Now I have a good idea what all those distributions are. Indeed I aim for a cipsoft 7.4 server and I think the tarball would be good to make a 1:1 copy but would be bad to add new features, custom client etc so I intend to use it just for studying the formulas and behaviours.
No problem, Othire is based on OTServ 0.6.3 and was developed by @Ezzz who dropped it later to create Nostalrius, in the meanwhile Othire was taken and developed by @Peonso after that.
Nostalrius in the other hand is a fork of TFS 1.2 and was developed by @Ezzz after dropping Othire, doing the RE to the cipsoft tarball and using the original data (items, NPCS, map, monsters files, etc).
Nekiro's Downgrade is a downgrade of TFS lol.
I still have some questions thought. Why is the regex removal important in downgraded TFS 1.2? (and why is it not important in othire/nostalrius/newest branch downgrade)?
And again about the downgrades. Im still a bit lost, I dont think I really get it what a downgrade means. From my understanding, I gathered that specific TFS versions are aimed at specific Tibia versions? And a downgrade to 7.72 as exemple, would have the implementation of a few bugfixes from newer TFS versions but also stripped from code that makes it 10.98 to make it work on 7.72? (or whatever tibia version the newer TFS are aimed at?)?

As example, Nekiro's 7.72 downgrade says "This downgrade is not download and run distribution, monsters and spells are probably not 100% correct. You are welcome to submit a pull request though.". Does that mean that originally, after the downgrade monsters and spells were still from a newer tibia versions that they were downgraded from?
I am not sure but i guess it means the protocol in which the server and client works and also the data (monsters, NPC's, items, etc). Although we now have the tarball with all the correct info, it's 7.72 leaked server back in 2006 or so, I guess the newest TFS devs are using the wiki in order to design and set the monsters attributes, spells, loot, etc. because the game have many changes not only in the data (loot showing in channel, different order stack, etc) but in everything else. Probably @Nekiro can explain it better for you.

PD: I tagged everyone here to correct me if i am wrong in anything.

Back